Cornwall Football Forum

Upward movement Millbrook AFC

On Friday the FA Council ratified the national restructure of Step 3-6.
As part of this ongoing process We would now like to confirm that it is our intention to accept upward movement through application to the Toolstation Western League.

This is an unbelievable moment for us all at the club and I would like to thank Macca, Mike, Lewis and the players who have been superb firstly on the field but as importantly staying together off the field during this difficult period for all of us.

Our committee volunteers have worked tirelessly over the last 4 years having helped re build our club from the outset without them this would have been impossible.

We all know all our volunteers are the life blood of all clubs across the grassroots game and we would all struggle to survive without them. 
This will prove to all clubs that hard work, perseverance and passion for your local club can and does pay off 😃 Sometimes when all seems lost the impossible is still possible👏🙌 
upthebrook🖤🤍

29 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Well said sir, so good to hear your news. Some years back St Just played Millbrook in a cup match at home. I was a St Just Committee member in those days (2013/14 season my memory shocking ?). St Just won the match (3 nil ?) but I have to confess I was a little embarrassed. Millbrook brought a youngish side and they played attractive football, but sadly, the Tinners played their usual physical game and the young lads of Millbrook were knocked off the ball a lot and frankly were a little shocked I think. Not that that blunted their enthusiasm - they fought hard to the final whistle.

Just before that final whistle, I heard a visiting supporter say to someone, their are not used to this kind of game. I knew what he meant and felt sorry for the Millbrook lads. That said, they played as well as allowed and could leave the pitch with heads held high. I've not seen Millbrook since, but they left an impression on me that has lasted.

Best wishes to Millbrook AFC and thank for the memories.

Thank you Keith 😃that's why local football is so important to so many 👏

May I take this opportunity to congratulate Millbrook Football Club on this remarkable achievement, Fantastic news from myself and all at Ludgvan football club.

only a few years ago we came runners up to them by 1 point in the SWP league. It was a great time for our club, but we then lost all our players for the dollar but Millbrook stayed together and now they have progressed again, I applaud everyone at the club for their loyalty.

Mark I know well through our Fire Service days and I know he will be a proud person, and I wish him and the club well for the future, I will try and get up and watch a game in the new season, so get the beers in Mark. 

best Regards Hosky and all involved at Ludgvan afc. 

3 hours ago, Anthony Hosking said:

May I take this opportunity to congratulate Millbrook Football Club on this remarkable achievement, Fantastic news from myself and all at Ludgvan football club.

only a few years ago we came runners up to them by 1 point in the SWP league. It was a great time for our club, but we then lost all our players for the dollar but Millbrook stayed together and now they have progressed again, I applaud everyone at the club for their loyalty.

Mark I know well through our Fire Service days and I know he will be a proud person, and I wish him and the club well for the future, I will try and get up and watch a game in the new season, so get the beers in Mark. 

best Regards Hosky and all involved at Ludgvan afc. 

Thank you mate we really appreciate it, that season will live long in the memory as there were some good sides in there and our battle went right to the wire and could have easily gone either way ! Great days for both our clubs.

there will always be a beer on the bar when you come up and see us 😃👍