Cornwall Football Forum

Parkway exit the Vase

Listening to the commentary online it sounds like parkway were very very poor today and outclassed really by an experienced team who came down and taught them a lesson. 

Not just the players but the management team  seem to have had an off day have to take some of the  blame.  Wrong subs. Wrong line up , formation 

why Hobbs put an unfit  unpredictable Shane Krac on when your trying to chase a game instead of colwell is just bizarre and within a few minutes he red carded for a late lunge. 

The same for Levi. Stuck on the bench until too late when he again scored yet Matt Wright started and  hardly moved for 60 mins . 

I guess parkway will learn a lot  from it but it’s a disappointing to go out to a team they would have expected to beat 

roll on next season. 

On the eve of the Oscars, it appears that Flackwell Heath and US Portsmouth didn't read the script regarding a West Devon Derby in the FA Vase quarter final.

I accept that the way the FA Vase was restarted meant very little training and build up, and that the players were going to be unprepared and rusty on an unfamiliar surface and with no supporters, but it does feel very disappointing to go out at this stage of the competition in this manner. On to next season which will probably be in step 4, no doubt the management and committee are already having discussions about what players they would like for next season. From what my contacts tell me on the ground, a little more pace in the central defence is probably required together with a player in the holding midfield role (two seasons on, Christian Pople is still missed in that role. Another regular goalscorer may be needed as well with Ryan Richards once again shouldering most of the goal scoring responsibility, Matt Wright hasn't appeared to have fully settled in yet after a truncated and injury hit pre season,but may well come into his own next campaign at a higher and more physical level.Wonder as well if we have seen the last of Shane Krac and Levi Landricombe in Parkway colours. Both were bit part players due to injury and suspension, and their best days are probably behind them

I would give Levi a run up front with Richards . He score his fair share when he given a run  

but unfortunately he not going get his chance as wright seems to be the main man no matter how he plays

id say parkway definitely  need a few reinforcements in a higher league. 

Still looking forward to a visit to the ground with the new upgrades and hopefully seeing a few new teams visit 

Disappointing result for Parkway, but exciting times ahead. Would happily see Nick Milton return, defence always looked solid with him and Farks together. Krac is getting older and probably becoming more of a liability, but the team still seemed to lack a bit of drive and momentum last season when he wasn’t playing. Levi Landricombe looked a shadow of his former self last season. Ground plans look great. Looking forward to next season. Might try and catch some Truro games as well!

Any team can have a “bad day at the office” in a one off cup tie and against very good opposition you don’t usually get away with it. Gutted we’re not going to get that all Devon vase quarter final but in a stop start weird to say the least season, I think both Parkway and Tavi are clubs definitely on the up, so take the positives gents and look forward to next season where you’ve got loads to look forward to at Bolitho 👍👏🏼️ Good luck from a proud Cornishman 👊🏼