Cornwall Football Forum

TRELAWNY LEAGUE - Saturday 24 April 2021

PREMIER DIVISION   

Stithians                                       0-1              Camborne School Of Mines

West Cornwall                              2-1              Goonhavern Athletic

DIVISION 1

Frogpool & Cusgarne                     2-7            Constantine

Illogan RBL 3rd                                 3-2              Penzance Reserves

Praze-An-Beeble                            1-3            St Just

DIVISION 2

Mullion Reserves                             4-0            Rosudgeon Reserves

St Erme                                              1-2             St Day 3rd

Rosudgeon Reserves                      0-6            Mullion Reserves

DIVISION 3

Falmouth United                              4-3           Holman Sports Club Reserves

Goonhavern Athletic Reserves        1-3              Tregony

St Ives Town Reserves                   1-0         Falmouth DC

Wendron United 4th                        2-3           New Inn Titans

DIVISION 4

Constantine Reserves                    1-0            Lanner

Lizard Argyle Reserves                   H/W       Stithians Reserves

Goonhavern res 1 tregony 3 

Windy afternoon at goonhavern

2 penalties and a rounding of the keeper sealed 3 points for tregs on what was a very hard pitch. Goonhavern played good stuff at times but couldn't hit the target enough.

Despite it being a private ground was about a dozen in attendance and the same watching the cricket next door 

Trelawny Div 3

(Underlane)

Wendron (Mixed) 2 (1) - (2) 3 New inn titans 

On a blustery afternoon, New inn titans turned up at Wendron Sports centre, looking at the Banana pitch behind the clubhouse, wishing they’d stayed at home after seeing the gale force winds 🤔

Only to be informed by a Wendron Representative that the game would be played on the lovely flat, and perfect Underlane Main surface.

The referee, Anita Kicked the game off, with a blow of her whistle, and straight away against the wind, New inn, started to try and get the ball down to play. 
Wendron started decently and tried to get the ball into the front 2, who you could tell wanted the ball to feet, but New inns two experienced centre halves in Andrew “Mushy” Symons, and Ralph Pascoe, marshalled them well, with the support of their full backs, Titans limited Wendron to a handful of shots at goal. 

Leigh Isaacs distributed the ball well, and commanded his back four superbly, with Young Whipper Snappers Connor Arthur and Fred Trudgeon, in the middle of midfield, closing down and breaking up play as good as they could against the wind. 

Titans had the opening, goal, about 15 mins from the break, when Michael Catterall half volleyed a ball into the far corner after some neat footwork from titans left winger. Then moments later after a long ball by Wendron to their left midfielder, who cut a ball back to Jack Noy who from 25 yards out curled a shot into the top corner of Isaacs goal, even whilst being close down by Pascoe for titans. But then just before half time, with a well worked move down the left hand side causing Wendron problems, and Hagi ‘Symons’ the Romanian son, of Mushy, finding the back of the net. Screaming out in his native Romanian language. “That was for you Grandad, Andrew Senior” who wasn’t at the game unfortunately today. 

Second half kicked off with titans trying to control the tempo with the wind, but against the run of play, a bit of miss concentration and Wendron Equalised  and we’re back in the game.

Some stern instructions from Shaun Isaacs and a couple of changes and things started to come together for new inn, who straight from kick off scored the 3rd goal, thanks to a diagonal ball by  Trudgeon, to Hagi Symons, who skinned his marker and put into the far corner!!! 
#RomaniaRules

Isaacs then brought on some old heads and Titans even scored a fourth thanks to a free kick whipped in the box by Shane Rosevear but the goal was disallowed after the Wendron Lino flagged for offside. 

Titans kept piling on the pressure but to sadly no avail, and Wendron kept themselves in touching distance of a equaliser thanks to some neat ball retention against the wind, but thanks to the titans defence being superbly marshalled By stand in Centre half, Ralph Pascoe, Titans kept the lead for the win. 

Superbly officiated, By Anita, and thanks for the hospitality by Wendron. 

Titans MOM - Ralph Pascoe, as chosen by Gaffer Shaun Isaacs. 
But some superb performances all over the pitch by New inn. 

Praze 1-3 St Just (HT 1-0)

Don't normally write anything, but no word from Adam yet...?

With the wind blowing from end to end, it was a game of 2 halves. However, St Just dominated both and deserved their 3 points.

Praze didn't make the most of the wind, however scored a worldie with 5 minutes to go of the first half against the run of play.

Second half St Just had a plethora of throw ins, corners and crosses, and eventually broke down the resilient Praze defence. From then, it was one way traffic. 

Several niggly fouls by both sides, but to be expected in a competitive game that has a mutually respected rivalry. Must say it was well reffed by Paul given the circumstances.

Always enjoy a game vs Praze, win lose or draw (done all 3), and look forward to seeing you again next season 👍

2 hours ago, The Tinner said:

Praze 1-3 St Just (HT 1-0)

Don't normally write anything, but no word from Adam yet...?

With the wind blowing from end to end, it was a game of 2 halves. However, St Just dominated both and deserved their 3 points.

Praze didn't make the most of the wind, however scored a worldie with 5 minutes to go of the first half against the run of play.

Second half St Just had a plethora of throw ins, corners and crosses, and eventually broke down the resilient Praze defence. From then, it was one way traffic. 

Several niggly fouls by both sides, but to be expected in a competitive game that has a mutually respected rivalry. Must say it was well reffed by Paul given the circumstances.

Always enjoy a game vs Praze, win lose or draw (done all 3), and look forward to seeing you again next season 👍

I’m here mate don’t worry, been in the pub all evening!

Against the run of play in the first half, with a long ball for myself, nicely touched by Jamie hayton into Rich (pip) Scott gave us the lead just before the break. We didn’t really use the wind to full extent if honest.

Second half, the Tinners came out flying. A pen decision (rightly waved away) and a goal disallowed (rightly waved away again) kept us in the game.

The floodgates of wind opened up, the equaliser a well taken low-left shot into the bottom corner. The second a long ball taken by the wind (swerve and power) leaving me with no chance, the third a top corner finish, well taken by the young St just left winger. 

The wind spoilt the game yes, but the away side making the most of it instead of us. We probably had the weakest side of the season if I’m honest, with a good few regulars out. st just full squad bar Neil Curnow. 

Hope the league decider comes down to the final game of the season, with Constantine being at home to St just, one which is boys will deffo be going to watch.

For us at Praze, 3rd place is a very good position.. after all, how can we match the top two sides, equally as good and would easily do well in the st pirans league, if not higher?

Good luck Joe, think you’re gunna need it.

3 minutes ago, ArseneWanger said:

Against the run of play in the first half, with a long ball for myself, nicely touched by Jamie hayton into Rich (pip) Scott gave us the lead just before the break. We didn’t really use the wind to full extent if honest.

Second half, the Tinners came out flying. A pen decision (rightly waved away) and a goal disallowed (rightly waved away again) kept us in the game.

The floodgates of wind opened up, the equaliser a well taken low-left shot into the bottom corner. The second a long ball taken by the wind (swerve and power) leaving me with no chance, the third a top corner finish, well taken by the young St just left winger. 

The wind spoilt the game yes, but the away side making the most of it instead of us. We probably had the weakest side of the season if I’m honest, with a good few regulars out. st just full squad bar Neil Curnow. 

Hope the league decider comes down to the final game of the season, with Constantine being at home to St just, one which is boys will deffo be going to watch.

For us at Praze, 3rd place is a very good position.. after all, how can we match the top two sides, equally as good and would easily do well in the st pirans league, if not higher?

Cheers Adam good to hear from you 👍

On 24/04/2021 at 17:40, cornishteddyboy said:

Trelawny Div 1

Illogan RBL Thirds 3-2 Penzance Reserves

Pz really need a striker who knows where the net is. A couple of our best players out today but no excuses, Illogan rode their luck.

Sorry to hear about your best players missing, CTB. One was in centre-mid for Praze and scored their goal; another was running the line for Praze and disallowed two St Just goals. I suppose they achieved more in terms of your Club Objectives, otherwise known as "Try to screw up St Just." Well done to them ! 

On 24/04/2021 at 22:38, ArseneWanger said:

It was a delight to come down to watch this one, much more entertaining than some of the Premier League. I'm sorry to hear that the easterly wind opens floodgates for you, Arsene, but once we are at a certain age, better out than in. I had never been to Nancegollan Stadium before, where you have to lurk behind a climbing frame to have any chance of getting your balls returned, but the St Just Ultras were in good voice and the Penzance linesman was very entertaining. Wonderful to see the great Jowan May, 27 goal hero of St Just's 2004 and 2005 Combination Cup winning seasons, still in fine form. Falmouth Town didn't frighten the Tinners then and they won't next week. Dunno what the new league structure is, but I hope you get promoted too. Mind you, we will miss Penzance terribly, till their first team make that inevitable journey to join us back in the Combo. 

Is Constantine's pitch also in a public park or is it enclosed ? If the latter, can one see over the hedge ? I shall be masked up or possibly in full PPE; I look better that way.I am thinking of a 400 mile two-way trip on Saturday. If necessary, I shall bring a step-ladder.