Cornwall Football Forum

TRELAWNY LEAGUE RESULTS - Saturday 17 April 2021

Taken from the League's Full-Time site, but please post below if any of the kick off times differ

17/04/21

PREMIER DIVISION

14:00     Stithians                               0-2              Goonhavern Athletic

14:00     Camborne S O M              5-1             Four Lanes

15:05     Troon                                    1-4              West Cornwall

DIVISION 1

13:00     Praze-An-Beeble             4-2             Penzance Reserves

14:00     Frogpool & Cusgarne      1-4          St Just

15:05     Illogan RBL 3rd                    2-3              Constantine

DIVISION 2

13:00     St Day 3rd                             3-2            St Buryan

13:45     Chacewater                        6-0        Rosudgeon Reserves

15:30     Rosudgeon Reserves      4-5       Chacewater

DIVISION 3

13:45     Goonhavern Ath Res      1-2         Holman Sports Club Reserves

14:00     Falmouth DC                      2-3              Wendron United 4th

15:05     Tregony                              14-2           St Agnes 3rd

15:30     Goonhavern Ath Res      0-4        Holman Sports Club Reserves

DIVISION 4

14:00     Lizard Argyle Reserves   5-2              Lanner

15:05     Constantine Reserves    H/W         Mount Ambrose

11 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Especially considering the league went to the bother to continue it for the clubs!

Difficult balancing act though. If you have the majority of your team wanting to continue, doesn't mean they all do. And I have to admit, I hadn't factored in losing (as we have) 3 to cricket, some to a variety of work, uni, injuries, retired and one just plain disappeared (deleted Facebook account, doesn't respond at all to calls, texts or emails)

From my point of view, it was never about continuing the League or starting a new cup, it was about providing football for those that wanted to keep playing

48 minutes ago, Speno13 said:

Just to clarify, 

Mount Ambrose manager is unable to continue for the rest of the season due to Mental health reasons. It has been a really difficult year trying to start a new team and we are doing our best to ensure that we go into next season fully prepared.

thank you for your understanding 

Best of luck to the fella from me.

6 hours ago, Speno13 said:

Just to clarify, 

Mount Ambrose manager is unable to continue for the rest of the season due to Mental health reasons. It has been a really difficult year trying to start a new team and we are doing our best to ensure that we go into next season fully prepared.

thank you for your understanding 

Fair enough and never easy opening up

Hope you recover soon and I'm sure there is a good unit around you to help you through it 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to TRELAWNY LEAGUE RESULTS - Saturday 17 April 2021

Trelawny Div 3

Goonhavern 1-2 Holman SC

Goonhavern 0-4 Holman SC

i missed the first game so can’t comment on it as I thought I would have a bit of a dash about over Nancegollan blowing a whistle and having a 90min run about to warm up....I say run more like a slow leisurely bimble with outbreaks of ‘fast walking’ - anyway after a mad dash up the A30 I managed to get to Goonhavern In time to smash in 30min of 2nd half slow leisurely bimble with outbreaks of fast walking without the whistle 😉 Ground was a bit rock hard and ‘bouncy’ and this time of year obviously means any mistimed slide tackle will result in a skin graft and the ability to fuse with a bed sheet for a week 😳

being the 2nd game tiredness was kicking in for both sides but fresh off the bench 1st team manager Carl Stretton was having a bit of a run out alongside me in the centre of midfield which was good because it meant the home side had to punt the ball at least 15yds in the air to miss his big lanky swede. Ross Williams our very own Billy Wizz was causing problems down the left with his usain bolt impressions so we were obviously when given the opportunity smacking a long pass......well more hit and hope in his direction so he could do his pacy weave in and out and try to beat the same player 3 times whilst the rest of us got the deckchairs out and enjoyed the sunshine so all in all we felt we had it under control.

Last 5 min all got a bit silly and a few handbags that were normally seen in the middle of the dance floor at Berkeley were getting thrown around. Ref Dave Bartlam who was excellent by the way (he paid me to say that) had to flash a couple of cards including a red which was a bit unfortunate as it was to one of our lot but we held on for the clean sheet and 3 points.......well I say 3 points we had 6 for both games which means in the league in any other normal year we are top on 25 but obviously in the COVID ‘Twilight Zone’ we are 4th because points per game means we got 2.233333789024 divided by the amount of times martin our manager said the ‘F’ word......I think that’s how it’s being worked out at the moment I might be wrong 🤷‍♂️

So did all clubs know about points per game system before deciding to continue playing or to suspend?

if so, you can see why any team in the top 2 would suspend playing as pretty much guarantee finishing there after all the other teams played out their remaining games.

What a strange year it has been

11 hours ago, Thecupfootballblogger said:

My blog from this game is now online at thecupfootballblogger.wordpress.com It was my first game back in six months and I just loved being a part of it all.

I see Praze fibbing on Facebook. Say 50 watching the game. I counted 17 at half time and then some  turned up to make it about 25. They deleted my comment on social media, pointing out their mistake.

What I want to know, where is the designated drinking area at the Praze ground as they were on the touchline drinking, mixing with their management, subs, etc.

Not much social distancing by either side to be truthful but alcohol loosened the best laid plans of Praze. 

Also alcohol sure brings out the bad language in some. Football is only a game but some of the language directed at the Pz management wasn't warranted. Kids, and my grandad, were listening. 

54 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

I see Praze fibbing on Facebook. Say 50 watching the game. I counted 17 at half time and then some turned up to make it about 25. They deleted my comment on social media, pointing out their mistake.

What I want to know, where is the designated drinking area at the Praze ground as they were on the touchline drinking, mixing with their management, subs, etc.

Not much social distancing by either side to be truthful but alcohol loosened the best laid plans of Praze. 

Also alcohol sure brings out the bad language in some. Football is only a game but some of the language directed at the Pz management wasn't warranted. Kids, and my grandad, were listening. 

11 hours ago, Thecupfootballblogger said:

My blog from this game is now online at thecupfootballblogger.wordpress.com It was my first game back in six months and I just loved being a part of it all.

Hi Peter, didnt you write In your blog that there were about 40 or so spectators? I think Paul here is calling you a liar as well.

The number was probably around 40 due to the groups down at the far end and over by the cars. But sorry that the wrong number has offended you so much to comment on Praze Facebook page. 

With Nancegollan being a public field so there is no designated area for drinking, we don’t have the authority to tell people to leave if they turn up with alcohol. We encourage social distancing but again can’t enforce it. 

Don’t want to spoil a great game of football where Penzance were beaten by the better team, so accept it and stop bringing up other areas to try and make us look bad. We’re a family club with kids, wives and other halves who turn up every week to watch us play. Now I hope the kids didn’t hear any of the pz manager bad language, although the vast majority were in the park so probably didn’t. 

I like what you stand for though Paul, you’re a stalwart for your club and your commitment towards them is impeccable. I hate others digging out my club for no reason, I’m sure you’d hate it if it was in the opposite direction. Have a great week 👌

Wish Rodney was here now.. 😂

All I can say on the comments about the game at Praze was that I stood on the far side of the pitch and just did a head count of the people I saw there. And, because I was on the far side, I heard no bad language from either side. I am sure there was some, there always is at football, but I never heard it. It was all lovely on my side of the pitch!

21 hours ago, Fish said:

So did all clubs know about points per game system before deciding to continue playing or to suspend?

if so, you can see why any team in the top 2 would suspend playing as pretty much guarantee finishing there after all the other teams played out their remaining games.

What a strange year it has been

21 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

If my maths is correct, in Carharrack's division, Lanner have to win at Constantine to prevent Carharrack finishing top and they haven't played a game since December! 

Whilst the League tables are currently set to PPG on Fulltime, as far as I'm aware there has been no confirmation of how the "Leagues" will be decided. In my own personal view, no team should be either penalised or rewarded for their choice of whether to continue or not.  We were not aware of whether it will be PPG and nor do we really care. As mentioned before, our decision to continue was based on the fact that players wanted to play football again not sit around and wait until August. If teams are that desperate to cling on for promotion by not playing then that's up to them but in the lowest level of organised football surely the main aim is for those that want to play to be able to do so?