Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL Covid cup Fixtures Saturday 17th April

Veryan 1-4 St Newlyn East.

Enjoyed watching this one in glorious weather conditions. My first visit to the ground. A deserved win for the visitors and so well done to them and a special word too for Veryan’s Bobby Lee Johns. His goal, direct from a long distance free kick, marked his 100th for the club.

I was told there was no match up NEWQUAY THIS AFTERNOON but i thought i would look anyway and yes Newquay where playing St Stephens it  was a very good game resulting in a 2-1 to St Stephen my mom for NEWQUAY the young goalie even though he was at fault with the winning goal but he made some outstanding saves ,and for St Stephens was ex Godolphin player Joe Stone who was brilliant come back to the G Joe they need someone like you there .Very enjoyable game even though i did watch it over teh hedge standing in the Brambles but 3 others where watching as well but according to Newquay there was no match on well they shouldn tof advertised it on here then 

It was advertised on here ,Young Newquay Goalie was brilliant baut badly at fault with the winning goal badly misjudged it and St Stephens playing couldnt miss but some good youngsters there on both sides ,But Joe Stone still a class act should be playing in higher football but maybe he enjoys it more than when he was at Godolphin 

28 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

It was advertised on here ,Young Newquay Goalie was brilliant baut badly at fault with the winning goal badly misjudged it and St Stephens playing couldnt miss but some good youngsters there on both sides ,But Joe Stone still a class act should be playing in higher football but maybe he enjoys it more than when he was at Godolphin 

I’m not sure “advertised” is the appropriate word !00%. The game was listed on here as a fixture. Common sense should prevail by all of us as to whether spectating a match is doable or not!

1 hour ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Me and a mate turned up at Praze to play on the swings. We are both 60 plus year old kids at heart. When we got tired we sat on one of the park benches and a load of blokes arrived and started kicking a football around. Pure coincidence. 

I happened to be wandering around that park too. Was an enjoyable game, I thought. Glad you enjoyed your sit-down!!

Ok Dave it was on here as a fixture i apologise ,i sent a msg on the Newquay site asking if there was a match on and he said not to my knowledge its like a top secret mission ,well there was severel people in the ground watching i was standing at the Playing Fields area withe 2 other chaps but i had shorts standing in the brambles bloody suffering today scratched to bits .Would like to say the Newquay ground looked lovely a credit to all the people that worked on it lovely new dug outs as well Newquay need to get into a higher league now there ground has got to be 1 of the rest around now its lovely 1 complaint the railings need a coat of white paint lol 

4 minutes ago, dave bunt said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Mount Wise an enclosed ground & privately owned. If so then this game should have been behind closed doors with NO SPECTATORS. 

Sorry for confusion Dave - I wasn’t there. Was just going by the 10 man team sheet on full time....

I myself and a couple of others where looking over the hedge amongst the brambles at the Mayfield Playing fields The people inside teh ground where comittee members of both teams no ordinary spectators the No9 for St Stephens went in goal and changed places with the goalie that was in i was told St Stephens had no subs .Newquay have got to be 1 of the best grounds around now and i think they will promoted this year my top 4 will be Mousehole ,St Blazey  Falmouth , Newquay