Cornwall Football Forum

Cup matches Saturday 17th April

2 hours ago, Andys said:

Given that the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral starts at 3pm on Saturday and is to be preceded by a national minute’s silence, will kick offs be delayed until 3.05pm to allow the appropriate mark of respect?

Hi Andy

I think you’re away to us next week, we would be happy to do this. 
Could you send me Phil’s number/email please? The Full Time provides him as a contact but no contact details from what I can see. 
Thanks  

1 hour ago, Steve Carpenter said:

All St Piran fixtures for next Saturday are now scheduled for a 3:05pm kick-off.

Good stuff 👍

2 hours ago, WendronOfficial said:

Hi Andy

Could you send me Phil’s number/email please? The Full Time provides him as a contact but no contact details from what I can see. 
Thanks  

Thanks, have let all the lads know 👍

The following was received from the FA just before 6pm today.  All clubs have been asked to mutually agree a kick off time.

Statement: “The FA has consulted with Her Majesty’s Government in relation to the funeral arrangements of HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, and sporting fixtures on Saturday 17 April 2021.

“As a mark of respect, The FA will be recommending that no football fixtures take place between 14:45 and 16:15, a minute’s silence is observed before matches are played and black armbands are worn. All flags at Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park will also fly at half-mast.

“The Emirates FA Cup Semi Final between Chelsea and Manchester City at Wembley Stadium will be played as scheduled at 17:30 and the Vitality Women’s FA Cup Fourth Round fixture between Manchester City Women and Aston Villa Women will be brought forward to 12:00 in agreement with both clubs. 

“Fixtures scheduled for 15:00 in the Buildbase FA Vase Fourth Round Proper will also be moved and we have asked participating clubs to agree a suitable revised kick off time outside of 14:45 and 16:15. Should clubs not be able to mutually agree on a new kick off time, this shall be determined by The FA.

“The FA’s thoughts continue to be with Her Majesty the Queen, our president, HRH The Duke of Cambridge, and the wider royal family during this difficult time.”

On 11/04/2021 at 10:41, WendronOfficial said:

Hi Andy

Thanks  

Earlier or later on Saturday? Earlier means more pub time.............just saying!