Cornwall Football Forum

Latest Spectator "Rules"

23 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

What about private land open to the public? 👀

Specifically states only public land I'm afraid.

42 minutes ago, Keith B said:

I think that on some grounds these rules are going to be hard to enforce or police. Easy for clubs where the ground is completely fenced off and entry is via one gate only eg, like Penzance. 

Agreed - but under ordinary FA rules, Clubs are liable for the behaviour of spectators. Most "private" grounds are enclosed and have entrances which could be locked.

1 hour ago, cornishteddyboy said:

John, does the Mounts Bay School 4g count as public or private?

It's private Paul!

What is it with people trying to 'get around' the guidelines. 

As I've said elsewhere,the majority of those taking part in upcoming games (age 16-40)will not have had one jab yet let alone two,and will almost certainly be sharing transport when told not to. Thus they will be continuing to spread this virus. Just give it all a rest until next season and give everyone an earlier chance of getting back to 'normal'.

37 minutes ago, Joe Slovo said:

As I've said elsewhere,the majority of those taking part in upcoming games (age 16-40)will not have had one jab yet let alone two,and will almost certainly be sharing transport when told not to. Thus they will be continuing to spread this virus. Just give it all a rest until next season and give everyone an earlier chance of getting back to 'normal'.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens to the infection rates once these games and everything else that is taking place. 

The rate is on a slow rise now after the schools opened.

2 hours ago, Joe Slovo said:

Why? The risk of someone actually having it is very low at the moment. 

Those people in that age range are of a very low risk. Why put there life on holds. People know the risk. 

I'm not quite sure why but people seem to think that Covid magically materialises when people aren't following the rules. 

For infection to occur someone has to actually have it. The measures are to reduce transmission liklihood. Even if you follow the rules 100% you can still get it. 

Keep Football going, let people use their own judgement. There's plenty of open space round a Football pitch to watch in isolation. 

On 07/04/2021 at 13:35, BoratSagdiyev said:

Why? The risk of someone actually having it is very low at the moment. 

Those people in that age range are of a very low risk. Why put there life on holds. People know the risk. 

I'm not quite sure why but people seem to think that Covid magically materialises when people aren't following the rules. 

For infection to occur someone has to actually have it. The measures are to reduce transmission liklihood. Even if you follow the rules 100% you can still get it. 

Keep Football going, let people use their own judgement. There's plenty of open space round a Football pitch to watch in isolation. 

The problem, Borat, is that those who are infected cannot know they are till it is too late to avoid infecting others. People therefore cannot "know the risk" to others and the full chain of transmission which they may encounter or initiate. There will be occasions when rules seem pedantic, unfair or unduly restrictive. Without them, however, as currently in Brazil, deaths will escalate beyond all control. Sadly, some people will "use their own judgement" in selfish and blinkered ways. Even Johnson, whose early libertarian stupidity and delay contributed to the highest fatalities in Europe, now realises this. Even those of us who may on occasion have behaved as though football is more important than life and death no longer believe this. Do you, seriously ?

Latest from the FA.

Please see attached our final press release for our updated FA step two guidance, which comes into effect on Monday 12th April. This is under embargo until 5pm, 8th April when we will publish on FA.com.

There are two areas in the Government guidance that are reflected in the FA’s guidance which we understand may cause some confusion and we wanted to draw these to your attention and offer our support in helping you to deal with any queries:

• Firstly on spectators, the Government confirmed in their newly updated guidance yesterday, that the position is that no spectators are allowed until step three – apart from in public places because they recognise you cannot stop someone from watching a recreational game, if they are legally there in a group of six or in two households. This position is effective immediately, as part of step one b, which we are currently in. We understand this is different to the position communicated in our step one guidance and is likely to raise some questions. We have been clear that the Government’s roadmap is subject to change and when this happens, it is necessary for us to update our FA guidance too, which is the approach we have taken.
  • On outdoor hospitality, it has been confirmed that while there can be no spectators on private land, there can be outdoor hospitality (as long as its following all government rules), even if there is a game on at the time. Again we appreciate this may cause some confusion however Government’s position is that while spectators are not yet permitted, they do want clubs to be able to generate revenue like other hospitality venues, so as long as people are there to primarily enjoy the hospitality, then this is fine.

We will enter step 2 on the 12th April and then step 3 will be no earlier than 17th May.

Hang on... so if I read this right... council owned pitch unlimited spectators all able to bring booze as long as they stick to rule of 6 but it’s NOT the club’s responsibility to manage them. Private owned pitch with a clubhouse... unlimited drinkers sticking to rule of 6 all able to watch a game whilst drinking but mustn’t have bought a ticket or paid entry....and a pitch on a totally open but privately owned field can’t have a single spectator..... wow 

25 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Are you serious ? Re read what you have written. Contradictions, lack of common sense and outright tripe. Sorry Borat, but your kind of attitude just makes the situation worse.

Good post Rodney sir. I hope Borat reads and digests it. 

Thank you Steve. Oh dear, no wonder some people are confused. I think it's better to wait. Let's make sure all folk are vaccinated first and then still stick to the rules. 

OK so on the same principle let's never play a game of sport ever again shall we? Covid is never fully going to disappear. 

Somebody could have an infectious disease and pass it on at any time.

It's all about risk / severity and liklihood. Fortunately those at a football playing age are extremely unlikely to even be hospitalised by Covid. With all the vulnerable people now having at least a single dose the mental and physical rewards of playing sports for some outweighs the risks. 

The guidance has retrospectively allowed fans to watch games at level 1b since 29th March. The numbers are doing the talking. 

Some may agree.... some may disagree. 

I'm just glad football is back. 

7 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

Countryman they cannot drink around the pitch in public places because of FA laws. The club is still responsible for pitch side. 

Then they should be responsible for ensuring covid compliance like the rest of clubs who don’t use council pitches, and ensure track and trace and rule of 6 is maintained....but according to the FA they are not. I agree with you Pat and believe the club are responsible and liable for the spectators of both sides safety and behaviour at the touch lines however if  the FA state that this is not the case for COVID laws then it opens the door to allow council-pitch playing clubs to legally say they are not responsible any more. The ownership of a pitch should not be (surely cannot be) a justifiable reason for discrimination about who can or cannot safely watch a game of football. 

The use of "Park pitches" has always been a grey area. If it's a public space, no-one can "control" the members of public, unless they break the law or do not comply with other specific restrictions relating to the use of the space. Technically, if dogs are allowed, you could walk your dog across the pitch during a game. Anyone drinking in a private space, has to remain seated and socially distanced, as well as the  other government restrictions for hospitality

While I've read the full, updated rules on spectators at games, I have yet to find the section which allows spectators to drink behind closed doors. If anyone could provide a direct link to that section of government regulations, I'd be pleased to read it myself

14 hours ago, BoratSagdiyev said:

It's all about risk / severity and liklihood. Fortunately those at a football playing age are extremely unlikely to even be hospitalised by Covid.

The above MAY be true but unfortunately if they are unknowingly a carrier,  it doesn't stop them from transferring the disease to others of varying ages in their normal day to day travels and contact.
Most comments that are in favour of ignoring current Covid19 rules, choose to ignore the FACT that a player can unknowingly be a carrier of a killer disease, as can many others of us..
The truth of what many anti Covid19 followers really believe was exposed when demostrators outside a hospital were invited to go to a covid ward and declined.
Not really confident then, just obstructive!