Cornwall Football Forum

Football - Rugby Union an observation.

Being sick to death of watching Premier League football on TV with all its diving (cheating), spitting, snot blowing and childish antics, yesterday I watched the Rugby Union match between Exeter Chiefs and Lyon in the Heineken Cup. 

What a great game of rugby. It was a ferocious - fast flowing game with rugby skills at their very best, and first class entertainment. No cheating, swearing at the officials or lunatic histrionics - just pure, hard and fierce rugby of the highest quality. A closely fought match with many tries scored, but no quarter given by either side. Exeter Chiefs won the match.

If you want to know more - watch it next week end as Exeter Chiefs will battle again to hold on to their Heineken Cup crown. Great entertainment, great skills on display and great value for money !

Saw a funny thing yesterday , my neighbour had a problem with his central heating boiler . The plumber turned up and 20 minutes later came running out of the house , slid on his knees on the lawn , grabbed the neighbours standard rose bush and air guitared and then ran round with his thumb in his mouth . I said to my neighbour " what's up with him ?"  he replied " he's just managed to get the fuel control valve out of the boiler  but he's still got to fix the rest of it " 

3 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Yes Keith. I struggle to watch the premiership babies anymore, wonder how they would get on working with real men(?) Working men.

Quite a number of them (not all) may have a problem getting work. Jermaine .............. ? ex Spurs winger, doing well on TV shows now. Seems a nice guy, well spoken and good manners - should always find work. 

8 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Well the world has moved on since my working life but a bit of the physical stuff, everybody sits down to work now(!)

Further education, university, technology and so on has made for a relatively non physical life...obesity rules.

Spot on again older - you usually are. Yep I know exactly what you mean. One problem is though, that the more physical work doesn't often pay that well. You may have noticed. You're right about obesity as well. 

On 04/04/2021 at 07:43, Keith B said:

Being sick to death of watching Premier League football on TV with all its diving (cheating), spitting, snot blowing and childish antics, yesterday I watched the Rugby Union match between Exeter Chiefs and Lyon in the Heineken Cup. 

What a great game of rugby. It was a ferocious - fast flowing game with rugby skills at their very best, and first class entertainment. No cheating, swearing at the officials or lunatic histrionics - just pure, hard and fierce rugby of the highest quality. A closely fought match with many tries scored, but no quarter given by either side. Exeter Chiefs won the match.

If you want to know more - watch it next week end as Exeter Chiefs will battle again to hold on to their Heineken Cup crown. Great entertainment, great skills on display and great value for money !

Some wonderful games over the Easter weekend, the quarter finals look like mouthwatering prospects with Exeter v Leinster being something to look forward to. Despite the mega squads that Clermont, La Rochelle and Racing 92 have assembled, I fancy the relentless Chiefs retaining their title.

While the Six Nations is pretty special, with the historical and national side certainly giving it plenty of flavour (especially this season), the Champions Cup rugby probably surpasses it for depth,quality and intensity. 

1 minute ago, Way Of The Park said:

Some wonderful games over the Easter weekend, the quarter finals look like mouthwatering prospects with Exeter v Leinster being something to look forward to. Despite the mega squads that Clermont, La Rochelle and Racing 92 have assembled, I fancy the relentless Chiefs retaining their title.

While the Six Nations is pretty special, with the historical and national side certainly giving it plenty of flavour (especially this season), the Champions Cup rugby probably surpasses it for depth,quality and intensity. 

Yes sir - Exeter Chiefs v Leinster should be a cracker. After their last game against Lyon and coming from behind 17 points down, it was ferocious and exciting to the final whistle. Roll on the weekend !