Falmouth DC 3-3 Falmouth United

New Inn Titans 1-2 Tregony

Wendron United 4th 2-4 Holman Sports Club Reserves

DIVISION 4

Mount Ambrose 2-3 Lizard Argyle Reserves

Stithians Reserves 1-3 Lanner

23 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Not until the 12th April I believe (?)

Correct but you can walk your dog around the pitch for 90 minutes, take the children to the park to play on the swings or have the vaccine at the show ground in Stithians.....and there just might be a game going on around you. Not that I am condoning it mind you 🤔🙈👀

1 hour ago, Fish said:

Correct but you can walk your dog around the pitch for 90 minutes, take the children to the park to play on the swings or have the vaccine at the show ground in Stithians.....and there just might be a game going on around you. Not that I am condoning it mind you 🤔🙈👀

Funny old world at this time buddy innit(!)

1 hour ago, John Mead said:

Pitch at Penlee Park re-seeded last weekend to get maximum benefit from the growing season. Unauthorised use during lockdown caused more than the usual wear & tear!

I know that feeling John. We are having the same problems. We are fortunate that we have two pitches so we just moved out goals onto the training one. Damage still being caused though :(

2 hours ago, John Mead said:

Pitch at Penlee Park re-seeded last weekend to get maximum benefit from the growing season. Unauthorised use during lockdown caused more than the usual wear & tear!

Should the fixture not be reversed to Illogan? Or is Mounts Bay 4G registered as a second pitch for Penzance? I didn't know you can just move pitch because the grass needs growing mid season - isn't that what the off-season is for??

Hope to see plenty of match reports - have missed Saturday football!

2 hours ago, 1ofthekids said:

Should the fixture not be reversed to Illogan? Or is Mounts Bay 4G registered as a second pitch for Penzance? I didn't know you can just move pitch because the grass needs growing mid season - isn't that what the off-season is for??

Perhaps if there wasnt already a game at Illogan!

10 minutes ago, bighairydave said:

Perhaps if there wasnt already a game at Illogan!

Makes sense! Definitely can't complain about the Mount's Bay 4G surface.

Will be interesting to see how many higher ranked players have drifted down the leagues today. Good luck all! 

Final Score

After 51mins Penzance go one up. Ryan Weeks the scorer. Left the Magpies earlier on in the season but has now returned.

I am not there but apparently Penzance are missing the killer touch in the last third of the pitch. Also Illogan are not follwing the script of their pre-lockdown position of seven defeats in seven games!

• Dave Deacon changed the title to TRELAWNY LEAGUE results - Saturday 3 April 2021
42 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

New Inn Titans 1, Tregony 2

Official attendance - nil

Nice to see you “walking the dog” 👀 Dave. Ring rust definitely 

New inn titans 1 - 2 Tregony 

Very rusty and unfit football to get the lockdown season restarted. 
First half, Tregony had, more possession in the first half, and Created and Converted 1 clear chance, when Myself slipped on the ball gifting the centre forward the route in on goal! 

Second half,  a Couple of changes by Titans and a lot more pressure was put on the Tregony back 4. A good bit of build up play and a great flick and turn over the defenders head and a good finish by Johnny Jones! Game on, but suddenly a quick chat between Jones and Referee, sees the Striker sin binned for informing the referee of something that was said to the official. Strange decision.

Long ball from Tregony Left back, to the right winger behind the left back of titans sees a ball played across the box, and striker puts the ball in the net 2-1.

Unfortunately Titans couldn’t get the equaliser despite putting pressure on.  Good luck to Tregony. 

17 minutes ago, Asterix said:

First half, Tregony had, more possession in the first half, and Created and Converted 1 clear chance, when Myself slipped on the ball gifting the centre forward the route in on goal! 

Second half,  a Couple of changes by Titans and a lot more pressure was put on the Tregony back 4. A good bit of build up play and a great flick and turn over the defenders head and a good finish by Johnny Jones! Game on, but suddenly a quick chat between Jones and Referee, sees the Striker sin binned for informing the referee of something that was said to the official. Strange decision.

Long ball from Tregony Left back, to the right winger behind the left back of titans sees a ball played across the box, and striker puts the ball in the net 2-1.

Unfortunately Titans couldn’t get the equaliser despite putting pressure on.  Good luck to Tregony. 

Solid 3 points today, rather rusty but we'll take a win all day 

Cracking game at Mount Ambrose where Lizard came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 with the last kick of the game .

Well done to both teams after such a long break .

other scores St Buryan 4 -2 St Erme , Wendron 4ths 2 -4 Holmans after being 2-0 down , Wendron also missed a penalty .

3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

New Inn Titans 1, Tregony 2

Official attendance - nil

i tried counting the attendence but lost count!

Im guessing if theres no spectators theres no trsck and trace? no sanitisers no signage? 

3 hours ago, Asterix said:

i thought both goalies played well looked very assured. Good looking chaps as well!

11 minutes ago, chesterfield said:

i tried counting the attendence but lost count!

Im guessing if theres no spectators theres no trsck and trace? no sanitisers no signage? 

i thought both goalies played well looked very assured. Good looking chaps as well!

To be fair was always going to be hard to police, with it being a open public park, people walking their dogs, 2 different sports happening. Pretty hard to enforce to much, when wasn’t using the changing rooms, and it being a public footpath between, the village. 

Entertaining game 

3 hours ago, Keith B said:

Who or what is causing this damage then ?

I went to mark the pitch yesterday ready for our game tomorrow and there were 27 youngsters using our goals. We've had to move the five aside goals away because they were trashed.

Looking at our main goals, one of the net supporta has been moved, as if it's been swung on.

We asked the youngsters not to go up there for a few days whilst we got clarification from the insurance companies as to whether they'd be insured if they hurt themselves.

Unfortunately, they didn't listen and turned up en mass yesterday. Unfortunately now we've been asked by the Rugby Club to chain our goals together so they can't be used.

10 hours ago, 1ofthekids said:

Surely, unless the Mount's Bay Astro was pre-approved by the League, illigan should have been offered the option if playing Penzance at Oxland Parc. Will St Just be offered the opportunity of meeting Penzance at Lafrowda next week ? ( I do not know whether this would be their preference). I seem to remember that John Mead no longer has any involvement with Penzance FC beyond re-seeding their pitch; and, furthermore, is a bit of an expert on ground grading questions. Perhaps he can comment, as a sort of neutral "honest broker" (despite having nothing to do with his the league is run either, of course). 

3 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Surely, unless the Mount's Bay Astro was pre-approved by the League, illigan should have been offered the option if playing Penzance at Oxland Parc. Will St Just be offered the opportunity of meeting Penzance at Lafrowda next week ? ( I do not know whether this would be their preference). I seem to remember that John Mead no longer has any involvement with Penzance FC beyond re-seeding their pitch; and, furthermore, is a bit of an expert on ground grading questions. Perhaps he can comment, as a sort of neutral "honest broker" (despite having nothing to do with his the league is run either, of course). 

Judging by what was said, as Mounts Bay isn't registered as a PZ pitch, it'll be up to St Just 👍

2 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Since I indeed have nothing to do with how the Trelawny League is run, I'm not sure if there is any pre-approval of pitches. My guess would be that they have to comply with minimum FA regulations on size. However, teams have been known to use 3G pitches as alternative venues during times of monsoon conditions, when their usual pitch is unable to be used. The important issue is whether or not the pitch at Mounts Bay is on the FA approved register for matches - which it is! 

13 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

I went to mark the pitch yesterday ready for our game tomorrow and there were 27 youngsters using our goals. We've had to move the five aside goals away because they were trashed.

Looking at our main goals, one of the net supporta has been moved, as if it's been swung on.

We asked the youngsters not to go up there for a few days whilst we got clarification from the insurance companies as to whether they'd be insured if they hurt themselves.

Unfortunately, they didn't listen and turned up en mass yesterday. Unfortunately now we've been asked by the Rugby Club to chain our goals together so they can't be used.

We had similar troubles here on the training ground with continued damage to goals and nets, we took them away and now they have nothing.

Sod them.

12 hours ago, John Mead said:

Since I indeed have nothing to do with how the Trelawny League is run, I'm not sure if there is any pre-approval of pitches. My guess would be that they have to comply with minimum FA regulations on size. However, teams have been known to use 3G pitches as alternative venues during times of monsoon conditions, when their usual pitch is unable to be used. The important issue is whether or not the pitch at Mounts Bay is on the FA approved register for matches - which it is! 

I love the way that football's run,                                              An everlasting source of fun.     The Rule of Law controls its dance                                           Except when it concerns Penzance.                                    So after all our dreadful losses,                                          Trump, Brexit, covid, Tory bosses,.                                      There's still John Mead to tell us fools.                                      He doesn't know Trelawney Rules !                                          Yeah, right. Relax, enjoy the Spring,                                           Don't trouble yourselves about a thing!                                                                  

48 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

I love the way that football's run,                                              An everlasting source of fun.     The Rule of Law controls its dance                                           Except when it concerns Penzance.                                    So after all our dreadful losses,                                          Trump, Brexit, covid, Tory bosses,.                                      There's still John Mead to tell us fools.                                      He doesn't know Trelawney Rules !                                          Yeah, right. Relax, enjoy the Spring,                                           Don't trouble yourselves about a thing!                                                                  

Cracking Poem Rodney!!! 
Shane richards told me to say hello 

53 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

That'll make John smile I know. 

2 hours ago, Asterix said:

Cracking Poem Rodney!!! 
Shane richards told me to say hello 

Cheers Asterix ! Shayners is a top man. Did wonders down west, he did. Half of St Just running round with Troon genes now ! Signing those Troon boys caused the biggest shift in the local population since the Spaniards burned Penzance in the sixteenth century  ! Legends ! Tell him to ask Matt Harris when he's going to put the stand back up!

1 hour ago, Mynamesjeff said:

i’m sure illogans players were more then happy to have a game either way 

Too right, Geoffrey, that 0-1 was Luggy's best result of the season. You must have had Roger Toms or Salvatore Barbegallo up front ! Nice little warm-up for Penzance to get them ready for next week, anyway. Spectators banned from Truro and Penwith College property? Not sure that would include double-vaccinated alumni who were founder members of College Management, m8 ! Behave ! That's like being the educational equivalent of John Mead, virtually royalty !

11 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Too right, Geoffrey, that 0-1 was Luggy's best result of the season. You must have had Roger Toms or Salvatore Barbegallo up front ! Nice little warm-up for Penzance to get them ready for next week, anyway. Spectators banned from Truro and Penwith College property? Not sure that would include double-vaccinated alumni who were founder members of College Management, m8 ! Behave ! That's like being the educational equivalent of John Mead, virtually royalty !

Thank you for the compliments Rodney, as well as the well-penned verse; it did bring a smile to my face.

Unfortunately, the 3G pitch at Mounts Bay Academy is not part of the Truro & Penwith campus. However, you can see most of the pitch over parts of the hedge - or if you get there early enough, there's a gateway with an even better view.

Always happy to clarify things.

1 hour ago, John Mead said:

Thank you for the compliments Rodney, as well as the well-penned verse; it did bring a smile to my face.

Unfortunately, the 3G pitch at Mounts Bay Academy is not part of the Truro & Penwith campus. However, you can see most of the pitch over parts of the hedge - or if you get there early enough, there's a gateway with an even better view.

Always happy to clarify things.

Haha...shot him down again...lol.

3 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Love it..pitch rollers union...LMFAO.

You need a smile after your Spurs boys were demolished by the mighty Joelinton ! Last time he scored, Botofogo Reserves were playing Real Kelynack on St Just Airport ! Do you ever think Roman might be still paying Mourinho a retainer to screw up our rivals for places in Europe ?

On 03/04/2021 at 15:46, cornishteddyboy said:

Final Score

After 51mins Penzance go one up. Ryan Weeks the scorer. Left the Magpies earlier on in the season but has now returned.

I am not there but apparently Penzance are missing the killer touch in the last third of the pitch. Also Illogan are not follwing the script of their pre-lockdown position of seven defeats in seven games!

Well done, CTB. Nice to see your reports. Looking forward to one from your game against St Just on Saturday.