Cornwall Football Forum

Friendly matches

I see Newquay have lined up 2 very good friendlies already 1 against Bristol side Cribbs and the other against Nuneaton Borough which i will be looking forward to on July 31st Nuneaton have Leroy Lita playing for them he use to play for Bristol City and i saw him destroy Plymouth Argyle on his own thats got to be about 20 years ago but i bet he will still be the best player on the pitch when he takes to the pitch at Mt  Wise could be a big crowd there as well because Newquay is going to be heaving with Emmets this summer glad its a 2min walk for me but its up the bloody hill . Look forward to seeing lots of people at pre season matches hoping Middlesboro pay a visit to the West Country bound to be at Bodmin if they do  and Liskeard i expect be nice if a Legends team came down as well maybe Man UTD ,we had Liverpool up Newquay a few years back and they brought a strong team and it was a brilliant day .

On 25/03/2021 at 20:29, 100%cornish said:

I see Newquay have lined up 2 very good friendlies already 1 against Bristol side Cribbs and the other against Nuneaton Borough which i will be looking forward to on July 31st Nuneaton have Leroy Lita playing for them he use to play for Bristol City and i saw him destroy Plymouth Argyle on his own thats got to be about 20 years ago but i bet he will still be the best player on the pitch when he takes to the pitch at Mt  Wise could be a big crowd there as well because Newquay is going to be heaving with Emmets this summer glad its a 2min walk for me but its up the bloody hill . Look forward to seeing lots of people at pre season matches hoping Middlesboro pay a visit to the West Country bound to be at Bodmin if they do  and Liskeard i expect be nice if a Legends team came down as well maybe Man UTD ,we had Liverpool up Newquay a few years back and they brought a strong team and it was a brilliant day .

100% - Cribbs are playing Camelford the night before the Newquay game, if you fancy a trip up, I’ll treat you and Smokie to some chips (or dog treats) - I’ve watched Cribbs a few times as one of the Camels also plays for them and they play good football. 

Thanks for the offer Bobjfh but i find it difficult driving in the dark since i had Radiotherapy  it has affected my eyes to bright lights like car headlights  .Thankyou for the offer very kind of you Smokie would of loved some treats hes not a big chip eater he will miss going Truro this year for pre season matches because the girl in the burger van there always gave him some sausages .It will be good to get out and watch some football again .

57 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Thanks for the offer Bobjfh but i find it difficult driving in the dark since i had Radiotherapy  it has affected my eyes to bright lights like car headlights  .Thankyou for the offer very kind of you Smokie would of loved some treats hes not a big chip eater he will miss going Truro this year for pre season matches because the girl in the burger van there always gave him some sausages .It will be good to get out and watch some football again .

I’ll be at the Newquay game anyway - so 2 sausage and chips plus an extra sausage lol

Middlesboro to play Saltash July 19th ,Tavistock 21st , and Plymouth Argyle 23rd all 7pm  kick offs so no Bodmin dissapointed with that looks like a trip to Saltash for me then Bodmin are playing Marjons April 10th behind closed doors a 2pm kick off pity that i would of gone to that 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Middlesboro to play Saltash July 19th ,Tavistock 21st , and Plymouth Argyle 23rd all 7pm  kick offs so no Bodmin dissapointed with that looks like a trip to Saltash for me then Bodmin are playing Marjons April 10th behind closed doors a 2pm kick off pity that i would of gone to that 

No closed doors at Bodmin...just stand on the banking/footpaths.

Think i will risk it Marjon have about 11 ex St Blazey players in the likes of Miller ,Bell ,Card ,Alexander , Parnell , Phillips ,Edwards , Eaton ,Cloke Willmott ,Perryman and also Connor Rush and Steve Rogers .So i think i will be taking doggy and go to the far end of the pitch road side and see if i can watch the match an dtake photos there .2PM Kick off wander if Bodmin have any new players i expect so they usually have a good team wouldnt be surprised to see Adam Carter back there again 

On 04/04/2021 at 10:22, 100%cornish said:

3-0 to Plymouth but those school kids looked pretty good what i saw of them on You Tube 

Plymouth Argyle Under 18's have been training and playing throughout lockdown 3.  First time The Ashes have kicked a ball together since last December.

25 minutes ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Boss is sending me to St Austell for a meeting tomorrow. If the traffic lights are Red through St Blazey, I've warned him chances are I'll come back in a Green and Black top 😄 (given the rate they're signing players).

Would it be Green and Black or just an off grey colour - the St Austell strip that has been through the wash a few too many times? Lol

Went to BODMIN this afternoon saw them play Marjons in a pre season friendly ,very enjoyable game ended in a 3-2  win to Bodmin Sol Wheatley with 2 and a tremendous free kick by Dan McGee , best player on the field for me was Dan Sullivan great display and a goal as well , Dan Jennings missed a pen for BODMIN a brilliant save by the young Marjons Keeper Lots new signing for Bodmin and 1 they have signed from Liskeard LYLE johnson   who wore the shirt with no 77 was a class act really good .Was nice to get out and watch a match and stand looking through the fence with a nice bunch of Bodmin supporters .Smokie enjoyed himself as well .Thanks for a good match 

9 hours ago, Toroloco13 said:

They haven’t signed Lyle though and there lies the problem, teams thinking it’s June and players are free agents. Transfer window closed so players should either be playing for the clubs they are signed on for or not at all. Not only is it against the rules, they are also not insured 

U have to be signed don’t u to play now days can’t just play for any team when u feel like it 

Watched millbrook marjons last night . Tame start but millbrook full convincing . Don’t like the look of the new look marjons team full of big heads and talkers more than players . Shocked to see how easily millbrook dismantled them . Think millbrook have grown so much over the last 5 years . Overtook torpoint to best club in rame peninsula which Is no mean feet ! Marjon be like blazey was bottom half. Some decent players but can’t play as a team 

5 hours ago, Journeyman009 said:

Watched millbrook marjons last night . Tame start but millbrook full convincing . Don’t like the look of the new look marjons team full of big heads and talkers more than players . Shocked to see how easily millbrook dismantled them . Think millbrook have grown so much over the last 5 years . Overtook torpoint to best club in rame peninsula which Is no mean feet ! Marjon be like blazey was bottom half. Some decent players but can’t play as a team 

What was the score?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Getting all my friendly matches worked out to go see starting on July 5th Newlyn East vs Helston then on July 27th St Blazey vs Mousehole but Bodmin are playing Plymouth Parkway same night hope they alter that , Also going to Wadebridge to watche them play Helston and lots of other pre season friendlies at Newquay and the G and whatever ones take my fancy .Cant wait ,im hoping Plymouth Argyle 1st team come down this part of the world to play a game Until  the  friendlies start its watching the Euros i have done the Sweepstake in my local garage and i drew out Macedonia so will need a miracle for them to do anything .I  think Belgium will win the Euros mainly because of my fav player De Bruynne what a player 

The already heavily trailed and very likely four week delay to the government's lifting of the COVID restrictions will, I imagine, put a spanner in the works of some of the high profile friendlies planned in July, with some serious financial implications. Guessing it will affect crowd numbers and, more significantly, numbers allowed in clubhouses before and after matches. All speculation at the moment, but likely to be more bad news for already cash strapped clubs who had hoped for a boost after these past two miserable seasons. 

Just now, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Two weeks too late closing the border to India has done for the lifting of restrictions it looks like.

Well done Boris the clown,  should be going to court for 127,000 murders anyway.

Familiar pattern of not taking a tough (but correct) decision early, meaning we pay a terrible price later. But hey "good old Boris, he's a bit of a lad."

We are not trying to make this a political forum, but there are a lot of people around with brilliant hindsight, who didn't offer an opinion until after the event .
Also on yesterdays news more than 25% of deaths where the unfortunate person who had Covid symptoms died, the actual cause of death was not Covid but was recorded as death of a person with Covid symptoms. If correct that makes a substantial difference to the circulated figures of Covid deaths.
As Mark Twain once said "never let the truth get in the way of a good story" !!

6 hours ago, We Two said:

We are not trying to make this a political forum, but there are a lot of people around with brilliant hindsight, who didn't offer an opinion until after the event .
Also on yesterdays news more than 25% of deaths where the unfortunate person who had Covid symptoms died, the actual cause of death was not Covid but was recorded as death of a person with Covid symptoms. If correct that makes a substantial difference to the circulated figures of Covid deaths.
As Mark Twain once said "never let the truth get in the way of a good story" !!

And there were plenty of people who were offering their opinions AT THE TIME, and were proved right. Unfortunately we have a 'leader' (cough, cough) who has a typical management view that unless he had the idea, it is a bad one.

But, he is a bit of a lad isn't he.

41 minutes ago, djs said:

And there were plenty of people who were offering their opinions AT THE TIME, and were proved right.

But who knew who was right at the time not later on with hindsight.  Other countries acted differently, but who knew if they were right at the time ? 
Many ignored professional advice when it was confirmed that social mixing was a huge problem, that didn't help.
To get back to football, England beat Croatia in front of 20,000 fans, lets hope the end game for them will be winning the final in front of a full house. 🤾‍♂️

1 hour ago, We Two said:

But who knew who was right at the time not later on with hindsight.  Other countries acted differently, but who knew if they were right at the time ? 
Many ignored professional advice when it was confirmed that social mixing was a huge problem, that didn't help.
To get back to football, England beat Croatia in front of 20,000 fans, lets hope the end game for them will be winning the final in front of a full house. 🤾‍♂️

With foresite...Wembley will be empty!