Cornwall Football Forum

Do you believe Wiki

Wiki pages for all leagues (I think, certainly the ones that I have looked at, which is a lot!) set out their tables section in that way, indicating which positions would NORMALLY achieve promotion/relegation. Whoever edits the Western League page (and numerous other leagues) just hasn't yet edited it to take account of the early end to the season.

All promotion/relegation into and from steps 2-6 have been scrapped for this season. So, no promotion for Parkway.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/03/2021 at 18:49, djs said:

Wiki pages for all leagues (I think, certainly the ones that I have looked at, which is a lot!) set out their tables section in that way, indicating which positions would NORMALLY achieve promotion/relegation. Whoever edits the Western League page (and numerous other leagues) just hasn't yet edited it to take account of the early end to the season.

All promotion/relegation into and from steps 2-6 have been scrapped for this season. So, no promotion for Parkway.

I think that may be incorrect as Saltash United have just accepted promotion to the Toolstation Premier.  If parkways points per game is favourable, I think you will be getting promoted

I’m sure parkway would be favourites to go up on points per game. I reckon they will be waiting for the fa to confirm if they agree and give their backing to the recommended proposal the alliance and league committee have put forward before making any announcements. The recent decisions by the fa have been baffling so there’s no knowing if they’ll go for this or not. Makes sense to do the restructure and I bet all teams have eyes on the decision that will be made at the scheduled meeting to ratify the proposal and to see the outcome of the league constitution allocation that will be published sometime in may

I thought that someone would jump in with this Timmy. It is a misinterpretation of the word 'promotion', caused by the FA's use of language.

This is not a promotion following winning the league on the pitch this season, which is what the wiki pages would suggest.  It is an promotion/upward movement as a result of the restructure proposal from the FA, which has been on the agenda for a couple of years and based on results over two seasons. Different things, same result.

Yes, it looks as if Parkway may well benefit as well. Congratulations to both clubs, with others still in with a chance of following suit.

Saltash United Football Club would like to announce the intention to accept the restructure proposal by the @FA