Cornwall Football Forum

Frank Worthington

Frank Worthington, another one of the great mavericks of seventies English football, died yesterday after a long illness.

I would recommend his autobiography, One Hump Or Two, as a great read. One of the stories told surrounds his potential transfer from Leicester to Liverpool in 1975. After failing the medical due to a high blood pressure, somebody had the bright idea of sending him to Majorca for a few days relaxation to get it under control. He had a another medical open his return , his blood pressure was even worse....

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

Frank Worthington, another one of the great mavericks of seventies English football, died yesterday after a long illness.

I would recommend his autobiography, One Hump Or Two, as a great read. One of the stories told surrounds his potential transfer from Leicester to Liverpool in 1975. After failing the medical due to a high blood pressure, somebody had the bright idea of sending him to Majorca for a few days relaxation to get it under control. He had a another medical open his return , his blood pressure was even worse....

Love that...old school...on the beer and a few fags no doubt.

I imagine he would have been great company like a few others in the old days.