Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results 23/02/08

Stithians 0 v 1 Chacewater

Chacewater were a touch fortunate to come away with the points, not just because the goal came in the last minute from Matt Davis, but stithians will feel they deserved a point in a game where defences were on top.

FHFL2

Perranwell 6 - 1 Constantine

(G. Boon x3, R. Thomas, A Senior, Hills)

A poor 1st half after going behind after 1 min. 0-1. Thomas equalised just before half time with a clinical finish. 1-1. The second half was a different story as we dominated and took the lead through a great Boon freekick. 2-1. A 1st goal of the season for Hills made it 3-1 before Boon converted another great free kick. 4-1. Senior then added a 5th before Boon completed his hattrick. 6-1. A game played in good spirit and very well reffed.

Guest Dave Sobey

DIVISION ONE

FALMOUTH ALBION 0 LIZARD 1

MOUSEHOLE 4 HELSTON 3

PENRYN 0 FALMOUTH ATH 5

ST AGNES 2 HOLMANS 0

ST DAY 0 MAWNAN 5

ST KEVERNE 3 WENDRON 1

STITHIANS 0 CHACEWATER 1

DIVISION TWO

MAWNAN 0 CULDROSE 2

PENDEEN 4 FROGPOOL, CUS 1

PERRANWELL 6 CONSTANTINE 1

TRISPEN 1 CARHARRACK 2

TRURO CITY 2 MARAZION 1

WENDRON 1 PERRANPORTH 3

DIVISION THREE

FALMOUTH ATH 2 PORTHLEVEN RANG 4

RUAN MINOR 1 ROSUDGEON 4

ST DAY 1 CARHARRACK 2

TROON v LANNER missing result

TERRY JENNINGS CUP

LIZARD 4 HELSTON 7

MULLION 0 CAMBORNE PARK 3

Guest andy goundry

St Agnes have only played 15 games not 16 on the league table.

Great result today 2-0 home to Holmans.

Holmans ended with 9 players.

Shane Cameron with both goals.

Clinical centre half.

FHFL 2 Falmouth Albion unable to raise a side, so Rosudgeon awarded 3 points. Seconds away to Ruan Minor played two first team players and one who was home on leave, had a hard thought 4-1 win over Ruan Minor, who had one man booked and one sent off for a horror challenge?!?! Pitch also had broken glass at beginning of play, very poor. Glad we dont have to go down there again for another season!!

St Agnes have only played 15 games not 16 on the league table.

Great result today 2-0 home to Holmans.

Holmans ended with 9 players.

Shane Cameron with both goals.

Clinical centre half.

Cheers Andy

Accidentally put down that St Agnes (not St Day) lost to Mawnan today - now corrected

Mousehole 4-3 Helston, rubbish performance from us, 4 mistakes cost us against a hit and hope team, scrappy game, ref missed a blatant penalty in 2nd half, maybe its sour grapes but at the end of the day they wanted it more. Gutted!

I love it how two people can see a game so different greyhound? Yes I would say your defenders made mistakes, but the three **** ups to GIFT your boys your goals far out weighed your mistakes.

As for the hit and hope team......I am loving that comment, as we only have four players over 6 foot in the team. Plus if u blast the ball at a players hand from one yard, you are going to have to be bloody unlucky to have been given a pen for that....never in a month of sundays are u going to get that one!!!!!!!

We play too our strengths which is quick passing football with a very, very young team who can get caught out at times, buy the more experienced of players. But on our day we can give anyone a run for their money, as was proved yesterday. If u reckon any of our goals were from hit and hope football what game were you watching.

One goal came straight from a corner, headed in at the far post. Two goals came from our right back threading balls between your left back and centre half for our small striker to latch onto. The goal for his hatrick i do believe he out jumped your goalie and 6 foot plus centre half to score.

Personally I thought it was a well fought game of footy from both sides. I do however think that win loose or draw games visiting teams should always at least come into the clubhouse. Your manager and lino enjoyed the food and drinks on behalf on you all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!