DATE: 10TH APRIL

VENUE: BODMIN FC

TIME: 11am to 2pm 

Open to players either born in Cornwall or

Moved to Cornwall under the age of 16

To register or for more information please contact 

Simon York: 07495022301

Email: siyork82@gmail.com

I wanted to play football when I was that age. But according to rules at the time (20 years ago), girls at secondary school age weren't allowed to play football (either as a student, or after school).

I would've even had a trial at St. Agnes (goalkeeper), but I had no way of getting there. I was gutted. I still am (I would've been a Veteran next year! 😳).  

I expect that there are girls out there, who love football but are in a similar situation, and can't get to Bodmin. Those girls will miss out, and that's a shame (I know, there's nothing you can do about it).

I hope you get a good turn-out. 

On 22/03/2021 at 22:29, Devils@Dusk said:

I wanted to play football when I was that age. But according to rules at the time (20 years ago), girls at secondary school age weren't allowed to play football (either as a student, or after school).

I would've even had a trial at St. Agnes (goalkeeper), but I had no way of getting there. I was gutted. I still am (I would've been a Veteran next year! 😳).  

I expect that there are girls out there, who love football but are in a similar situation, and can't get to Bodmin. Those girls will miss out, and that's a shame (I know, there's nothing you can do about it).

I hope you get a good turn-out. 

Back when I was in secondary school there was no ladies team. Glad to see in many schools now this has changed.

Regarding the trials there will be a few that can not make it due to location, some also with work and other commitments, 

So what I am looking at doing is playing friendlies against local teams who would like to play us throughout end of April and through May to see as many ladies play as I can. 

We have had a great turn out so far on our squad meetings and loads registering interest to attend trials.

Think over next year will be a very exciting time for Kernow Ladies. 

Some also great exposure for the wonderful players we have in Cornwall 

• 2 weeks later...

CHANGE OF DATE AND VENUE

Trails for Kernow Ladies are as follows:

April 17th 2021

Charlestown FC 

St Mewan Park

Nanphysick 

St Mewan

PL26 7DT 

1pm - 4pm 

If any player interested in attending please message me directly or email siyork82@gmail.com

Thank you