Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 23/02/08

crown inn glory 1 - 2 titans div 3

great game played in great spirit by both teams goal scorers for titans

p. barnes

k . eddy 30 yard screamer

we went back to the crown inn after and they fed us well maybe a pain to park but worth it in the long run , thanks for you re hospitality and good luck for the rest of the season :c: :drink:

Guest postman pat

crown inn glory 1 titans 2 as said before by titan1 game played in good spirit and well refereed by windrow heath who added to the enjoyment of the players.well done ref :c::thumbsup: :clapper:

Hey General you done a good job. There are some refs that could have learnt a lot from the way you done it. A big thanks from us at Portreath for doing it. Great game played in good spirit. I thought we were lucky to go into half time 2 1 up. Both goals completely against the run of play. Second half was better and we control it a little more but there were times i thought you were going to come back at us .Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Mining 1

Holmans 0 - 6 Halestown

Ouch not a good result for us against a hard working halestown side.

One comment I will make is that we had Lenny ref who had got smacked by some idiot during a match down at Sennen last week and I'm very pleased to say he's bounced back and I thought he had an excellent game on his return

Guest Sullivan

TMS 3 - 3 Trevenson

Good, tense game and I think a draw was a fair result. Abbo for Trevenson scored one of the best goals I have ever seen! A late goal by Ryan Stephens shared the spoils and keeps us in the hunt for league glory. Also Trevenson had a couple of ringers in, fair play but not fair on the lads that normally play every week! Was it really worth it? The centre back has played for Blazey and Saltash this season (good player) and think the Newton Faulkner look a like forward plays higher league football (didn't have one of his better days - I was poor too so can't say to much) :D

TMS 3 - 3 Trevenson

Good, tense game and I think a draw was a fair result. Abbo for Trevenson scored one of the best goals I have ever seen! A late goal by Ryan Stephens shared the spoils and keeps us in the hunt for league glory. Also Trevenson had a couple of ringers in, fair play but not fair on the lads that normally play every week! Was it really worth it? The centre back has played for Blazey and Saltash this season (good player) and think the Newton Faulkner look a like forward plays higher league football (didn't have one of his better days - I was poor too so can't say to much)

I TAKE OFFENCE TO THE TERM RINGERS ISNT THIS PLAYERS THAT ARE NOT REGISTERED ,NEWTON FAULKNER LOOK A LIKE IS DAMIEN NICHOLLS WHO WE SIGNED FROM ST JUST OVER A MONTH AGO AND THE CENTER BACK HAS PLAYED SENOIR FOOTBALL BUT IS HAPPY TO PLAY FOR FUN WITH US AND ENJOY HIS FOOTBALL. DONT GO FLATTERING YOURSELF THAT WE PUT OUT A DIFFERENT TEAM TO FACE YOU M8,THEASE PLAYERS HAVE PLAYED FOR US IN PREVIOUS GAMES ,IN FACT WE HAD THREE OF OUR BEST PLAYERS IN ADAM JEWELL,JUSTIN CARBIS AND JAMIE GONDON MISSING. AND JUST TO FINISH I HAVE MORE RESPECT FOR PHIL&PETER PASCOE THAN TO PLAY RINGERS.

DIVISION 1.

Goonhavern 1, Gwinear 3.

Gulval 2, Portreath 7.

Holmans 0, Halsetown 6.

Redruth Utd 1, Troon 3.

Robartes 7, St Just 4.

Storm 1, Illogan 1.

Threemilestone 3, Trevenson 3.

DIVISION 2.

Four Lanes 1, Trispen 1.

Goonhavern 4, St Agnes 1.

Halsetown 2, Mount Ambrose 2.

Ludgvan 1, Sennen 10.

Madron 2, St Buryan 8.

Marazion 1, Newlyn N.A. 8.

New Park Rangers 0, Illogan 3.

DIVISION 3.

Chacewater 2, Pendeen 2.

Crown Inn Glory 1, Titans 2.

Newlyn N.A. 1, Cornish New Boys 2.

Portreath 3, Gulval 1.

Redruth Utd 3, Storm 3.

Wendron 2, St Ives Mariners 1.

Threemilestone 3, Trevenson 3.

This top of the table clash could of gone either way and in the end a draw a fair result. Tms 1-0 down then 2-1 up and then 3-2 down before equalizing with ten minutes to go. Trevenson's third goal a fantastic strike from probably 30 odd yards which went like a bullet into the top corner. The game was played in good spirits by both sets of players, well referee'd by Rosie :clapper: and good bit of banter between the supporters. crowd was approx 40 which is better than a lot of combo and swpl games :clapper: Neil Burton was excellent in the air at the back for Trevenson and a threat going forward for the corners.

Title race looks to be a three horse race now but i expect teams such as Troon, Robartes and Storm will have a say in where the title ends up.

Good luck for the rest of the season Gerrard 8. - Hope we meet again in one of the cup finals. :thumbsup:

Guest Urban Spaceman

mining league 2

new park rangers 0 - illogan 3

geachy makes debut in goal for illogan

geachy signing for another club? flippin heck is that 3 this season now?

Guest artificiosus

yes urbanspaceman that is club 3 this season started with tms had couple games at albion now filling the goal for illogan 3rds.

i dont see a problem with that but you obvilsy see it as a mark of shame

Guest Sullivan

Prob one of the best centre halfs I have played against for years and that includes Combo/CSWL as well as the mighty Mining. He should be playing higher (didn't look like he was giving 100%), but goes to show that the Mining League attracts good players who just want to enjoy and not get too caught up in football. I think that the top 3-4 Mining teams could handle the Combo and finish above quite a few teams.

Guest artificiosus

urban spaceman what is your problem with geachy you really need to get a life :SM_carton_y: + :SM_carton_y: = :SM_carton:

your rite tms urbanspaceman does need to get a life he comes on this site and is always trying to have a pop at either me or deano.

then i email him asking who it is he wnt tell me and asks if i have a temper.

hes an idiot.

but this is what he wants a reaction.

so im just guna ignor his pathetic posts from now on .

unless he wants to revile him self.

but i doubt he wud anyway evan if he did i bet that wud be a lie.

Well done Trevenson! Nice to see my old team mixing it with the big boys! Some of them really can't handle dropping points eh?

Wanna try playing for Storm! We have great players but somehow can not seem to perform for 90mins every week. Well, all this will be put to the test over the coming months as we have one hell of a fixture run in against Portreath this saturday then Spice, Troon, Trevenson &TMS. Not sure which order? Plus the 2 cups which we will face Strong teams in

Well done to the storm boys for beating Troon and getting a respectable draw with Illogan while I was away.

:D :c:

Guest Sullivan

I think you'll find that all of the TMS boys enjoyed the game and thouhgt that a draw was a fair result as stated earlier in this section. I think it is fair to say that no team likes dropping points, us included! Trevenson are prob the best team we have played so far this season.