Cornwall Football Forum

Last Tuesday the CCFA held a Microsoft Team Meeting with all the Leagues, and all the concerns the Leagues had received from their memberswere forwarded on to the CCFA.      The CCFA would like to give football to those Clubs who want to play in some sort of format and set of Rules designed especially for the competition, if it was to go ahead.     The CCFA have asked the ECPL if they could find out from their member Clubs, who would be interested,please take Note that this is not mandatory and is for those Clubs that want to play football, only Clubs that can fulfill their fixtures should apply.
The CCFA are waiting on the DCSM update, which would have to be taken into consideration.
Please reply to the email sent to all club secretaries by Saturday 20th March 2021, Midnight.

Many clubs are keen to play some sort of football while others have given the idea the cold shoulder.    Would it not be more sensible to end the season completely/  For a start spectators I understand cant attend until May, so where is the income coming from especially if club houses cannot be used.   Officials have to be paid, have the referees been asked for their opinion.  What's to stop players of SWPL standard saying Give us a game.    Why not be sensible and say the season is at an end, lets prepare for the new season ahead.  This will give time for everyone to settle down and concentrate on starting a new season hopefully in August.        

Leagues/clubs in Cornwall fall into three categories 1) Those where the players pay subs to play. 2) Those that allow players to play for nothing. 3) Teams who pay players (far too much) to play.

We’ve had a year of pandemic, no income for Clubs, but then again; no expenditure for players (on nightclubs, pubs and general entertainment). It seems obvious that sub payers need to pay a little more, those who pay/receive nothing, will have to open their wallets and the “semi-professionals” will have to play for nothing or even have to dip their hands into their pockets.

Players would complain (it’s part of their job descriptions) but if they want to play football, it’s pay-per-kick. We all have to look into the future and see that for the game to be sustainable we have to cut costs. 

If the players are that desperate for a game of football, or a Cup competition, they’ll need to pay for the privilege!

CUP UPDATE
8 clubs have decided to enter and it is intended to have 2 groups of 4 based regionally to avoid travel.

Group A    Mount Gould;St.Dominick;St.Cleer and Plymouth Marjon

Group B   St.Stephen;Foxhole;Veryan and St.Newlyn East

The proposal is to play each other twice with the winners meeting in the Final.

In the meantime we await acceptance from CCFA who will set out Rules;and also any possible Government advice.

3 hours ago, JonColenzo said:
CUP UPDATE
8 clubs have decided to enter and it is intended to have 2 groups of 4 based regionally to avoid travel.

Group A    Mount Gould;St.Dominick;St.Cleer and Plymouth Marjon

Group B   St.Stephen;Foxhole;Veryan and St.Newlyn East

The proposal is to play each other twice with the winners meeting in the Final.

In the meantime we await acceptance from CCFA who will set out Rules;and also any possible Government advice.

When is this looking to start?

And here's the fixtures for the group of 4

Saturday, 24th April

Marjon  v  St Dominick        

Gunnislake  v  Mount Gould

Saturday, 1st May       

Gunnislake   v  St Dominick

Mount Gould v  Marjon

Tuesday, 4th May       

Marjon  v Gunnislake            18.45

Wednesday, 5th May 

St Dominick v Mount Gould  18.45

Saturday, 8th May         

St Dominick v  Marjon

Mount Gould v Gunnislake

Saturday, 15th May       

Mount Gould  v St Dominick

Gunnislake  v Marjon

Tuesday, 18th May     

St Dominick  v Gunnislake                  18.45

Wednesday, 19th May 

Marjon  v  Mount Gould     18.45

Please note regarding some kick off Times for MARJON University sports facilities - they will not be open  after 4.00 pm.
Therefore, their Home games against Gunnislake and Mount Gould will be reversed .They also request their home game with St.Dominick will have to kick off at 2.00  
All details will be updated  on FA Full Time.

On 29/03/2021 at 12:47, ECPL said:

Foxhole have pulled out and are replaced by Padstow United 

What a shame that one group is now down to 3 because of Padstow changing their mind!

And here's the fixtures for the other group

Saturday, 17th April     

Veryan    v   St Newlyn East

Newquay   v    St Stephen

Tuesday, 20th April

St Stephen v  Veryan  (18.45)

St Newlyn East v Newquay (18.45) (At Newquay)

Saturday, 24th April      

Newquay v Veryan

Tuesday, 27th April      

St Newlyn East   v St Stephen (18.45) (At St Stephen)

Saturday, 1st May        

Veryan v Newquay

Tuesday, 4th May        

St Stephen v St Newlyn East   (18.45)

Tuesday, 11th May     

Veryan v St Stephen  (18.45)

Newquay v St Newlyn East (18.45)

Saturday, 15th May    

St Newlyn East v Veryan (At Veryan)

Tuesday 18th May     

St Stephen v Newquay (18.45)

Please note regarding some kick off Times for MARJON University sports facilities - they will not be open  after 4.00 pm.
Therefore, their Home
games against Gunnislake and Mount Gould will be reversed .They also request their home game with St.Dominick will have to kick off at 2.00  
All details will be updated  on FA Full Time.

• 2 weeks later...

Do clubs still have to send team sheets in for the Covid Cup?  Seems not as there is still not one from Newquay for their game on 17 April and Veryan’s from last Saturday. Appreciate there may be technical difficulties in Gunni uploading theirs but the 2 clubs mentioned should be done!  Or does  it not matter as there seems to be a lot of blurred boundaries for this cup!!!!

1 hour ago, St George said:

Do clubs still have to send team sheets in for the Covid Cup?  Seems not as there is still not one from Newquay for their game on 17 April and Veryan’s from last Saturday. Appreciate there may be technical difficulties in Gunni uploading theirs but the 2 clubs mentioned should be done!  Or does  it not matter as there seems to be a lot of blurred boundaries for this cup!!!!

Gunnislake wont be able to as the system wont let them be added.

How on earth can gunni play in this competition when there not even league members (so surely there players weren’t registered before the cut off date) & St Stephen who are struggling for a side aren’t permitted to sign anyone from a lower league to enable them to complete there fixtures.After speaking to a couple veryan players they could probably do with some help signing a couple players as well but also told it’s a no go.Anyone out there that can explain the double standards the league are implementing ???

20 minutes ago, Jason Prynne said:

How on earth can gunni play in this competition when there not even league members (so surely there players weren’t registered before the cut off date) & St Stephen who are struggling for a side aren’t permitted to sign anyone from a lower league to enable them to complete there fixtures.After speaking to a couple veryan players they could probably do with some help signing a couple players as well but also told it’s a no go.Anyone out there that can explain the double standards the league are implementing ???

This is what I never understand! St Stephen have around 37 players showing as registered on the Full Time site and still can’t raise a team! Where are they all?

A lot of the players are dual signings so are not permitted to play as it’s not there parent club,( St Cleer had the same issue,)2 players left for the easy life of duchy football with nanpean,2 on crutches,goal keeper awaiting an operation & a few already committed to cricket before the cup competition was confirmed,& so on & so on.I think Coady had 15/16 regulars minus the various issues above so with no help from the league he had very few options left to him .

What Prynner has said is spot on I had just enough to field a side and keep the lads playing a couple of injuries and players working have left me with 9 fit players I asked a couple weeks back about signing a couple duchy players to which I was told no. The hassle from it all was getting to much hence my resignation earlier this week. Today I have been phoned by the league to say I can now go ahead and sign duchy players to get our games played. If I had been able to do this two weeks ago when I asked I would still probably be in charge and games would of been fulfilled so easy to change goalposts it’s seems but to little to late I’m afraid 

I’m completely confused by the rules of this cup now and don’t know what I can and can’t do. Are there actually any rules to be followed or is it just a free for all?

It seems every club is being told different things and allowed to do different things....

Some clubs told they can play higher league players, others told not!  Some clubs told they can and have signed players after 31 March deadline, others told not!

It’s more confusing than Boris’s lockdown rules.....

Jiggy , St Newlyn East

15 minutes ago, St Newlyn East AFC said:

I’m completely confused by the rules of this cup now and don’t know what I can and can’t do. Are there actually any rules to be followed or is it just a free for all?

It seems every club is being told different things and allowed to do different things....

Some clubs told they can play higher league players, others told not!  Some clubs told they can and have signed players after 31 March deadline, others told not!

It’s more confusing than Boris’s lockdown rules.....

Jiggy , St Newlyn East

If the rules i have now were in place Monday we could of played you. 🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, Jason Prynne said:

Gunni stepped in as St Cleer pulled out as they were not allowed to play the ringers they were signing on. Well done Gunni who gave a good account of themselves against Mount Gould, look forward to hopefully seeing you in the ECPL next season.

6 hours ago, karaoke said:

Gunni stepped in as St Cleer pulled out as they were not allowed to play the ringers they were signing on. Well done Gunni who gave a good account of themselves against Mount Gould, look forward to hopefully seeing you in the ECPL next season.

Point totally missed but doesn’t really matter now anyway 

7 hours ago, karaoke said:

Are they ringers if they are signed on Mr Lewis?

And yes Jason, he has missed the point.