Cornwall Football Forum

St Piran League mini-cup groups

1 hour ago, Kernowfooty said:

As stated in previous threads it starts the week commencing the 12th of April, can we assume the first game will be Sat 17th, hopefully it is as I need to get out of doing things around the house 

It's my intention to have games on the 12th/13th/14th  to get everything going.  It's a reasonably tight schedule so missing out on an early date wouldn't help.  Just working on the fixtures now but I have to strictly limit my time in front of the screen so they may take a little longer than normal.

I understand the SPL is having a rethink on the format. Too many fixtures involved for the time available and so now thinking it is to be on basis of teams playing each other once in the group stage.  

As around 80% of clubs opted for ‘play each other twice’ option, the clubs have been given option to drop out from new basis. They have until midnight to respond.

16 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Is it worth it I ask myself (?)

9 hours ago, Clubman said:

No.

Like most things in life, a matter of perspective. For an older player, with plenty of football behind them and vulnerable family members, then most probably no. For a 16yo, who’s had U15 and U16 seasons cancelled, is physically healthy and desperate to enjoy their sport again in an environment that limits risk by adhering  to guidelines, then most probably yes. 

When there’s less young players progressing into adult football in the next few seasons, let’s try to not just blame them and x-boxes for once...

5 minutes ago, CRD said:

Like most things in life, a matter of perspective. For an older player, with plenty of football behind them and vulnerable family members, then most probably no. For a 16yo, who’s had U15 and U16 seasons cancelled, is physically healthy and desperate to enjoy their sport again in an environment that limits risk by adhering  to guidelines, then most probably yes. 

When there’s less young players progressing into adult football in the next few seasons, let’s try to not just blame them and x-boxes for once...

Not blaming anyone CRD but with the spike in Europe again is it worth it for a few more weeks...I don't know.

Unfortunately we’ve got to learn to live with the risks associated with COVID now, so it’s up to the individual to make their judgement now that football is possible within the guidance. Football without crowds, a pint in the clubhouse, changing-rooms, dare I say it a brown envelope not worthwhile to some. But to young players who’ve had 2 seasons curtailed, just the chance to play is an amazing thing! Let’s get behind those individuals and clubs that choose to play this cup, whilst respecting the decision of those that opted against it 👍🏻

6 hours ago, Dagerags said:

I was told there was a rule to stop that something like 3 fixtures would love confirmation on it 

If they have played 3 games or more in a league higher than St Pirans then they are ineligible to play unless they have already played at least 3 times this season for the St Pirans league side they wish to represent.

That side can then only play up to 3 players that meet with the above criteria. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/03/2021 at 15:46, GKBH said:

If they have played 3 games or more in a league higher than St Pirans then they are ineligible to play unless they have already played at least 3 times this season for the St Pirans league side they wish to represent.

That side can then only play up to 3 players that meet with the above criteria. 

Is this rule being actually being applied? I see Sam Borthwick played for Saltash Borough, Ricky and Billy Cotton played for Cally Reserves and Tom Manual played for Saltash Reserves. All have played at SWPL this season and none have played 3 games at SPL. 

18 minutes ago, MWhite55 said:

Is this rule being actually being applied? I see Sam Borthwick played for Saltash Borough, Ricky and Billy Cotton played for Cally Reserves and Tom Manual played for Saltash Reserves. All have played at SWPL this season and none have played 3 games at SPL. 

Sam Borthwick was already signed for us but our main goalkeeper was still suspended (the league said any current suspensions had to served in this cup) and our other one moved during lockdown and isn't back yet. As Sam was already registered for us we applied for permission as he's a goalkeeper - if you read the rules special considerations can be made for goalkeepers. The league Committee accepted the application (as he was already registered for us) and he's eligible for the first two games only as we'll have one of our other keepers back then. 

We also have a couple of players that have played and been registered for me for four years but have moved up to peninsula for most of their football that we'd have loved to have play but the rules say they can't so we abide by that. 

So in answer to your question, yes the rules are being respected at Saltash Borough. 

3 hours ago, Kvmccan said:

Sam Borthwick was already signed for us but our main goalkeeper was still suspended (the league said any current suspensions had to served in this cup) and our other one moved during lockdown and isn't back yet. As Sam was already registered for us we applied for permission as he's a goalkeeper - if you read the rules special considerations can be made for goalkeepers. The league Committee accepted the application (as he was already registered for us) and he's eligible for the first two games only as we'll have one of our other keepers back then. 

We also have a couple of players that have played and been registered for me for four years but have moved up to peninsula for most of their football that we'd have loved to have play but the rules say they can't so we abide by that. 

So in answer to your question, yes the rules are being respected at Saltash Borough. 

Was unsure on the rules and was only going off what I’ve seen on here. Thanks for the clarification