Cornwall Football Forum

Tottenham v Chelski (Carling Cup Final)

Hutchspur

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this sundays carling cup final?

• Tottenham Hotspur
    • Chelski

http://www.cornwallfootballforum.com/forum/uploads/post-401-1203720670.jpgDefinately the year of the Spurs,gonna kick Chelskis arse 2 - 1 (Just like we did in 1967 :D )

Porker, Is that robbie keen holding aloft the cup.

Look away and then quickly glance at the picture im sure it is :D

To be honest im not bothered who wins as i am not over keen on either of the London rivals but Chelscum do have FAT FRANK (JUDUS) playing for them so im gonna go for the Spurs (Breaks my heart to say that).

Guest postman pat

spuds to win 2-1.hope they score first then boring chelski will have to come out and play and not just camp out on the halfway line and score in the 89th min like they usually try to do :P

I see spurs fans are getting carried away again!!!! At least the YIDS have made the final but that is all they are going to get from todays match.

Chelsea to retain the Carling Cup - I expect it to be a tight game but the boys in blue will be VICTORIOUS - EITHER 2 -1 OR 3 - 1.

Well done to the YIDS seems you deserved your win. Did not see the game as I was at work. Looks as if we had an off day never mind - still the FA CUP, PREM AND CHAMPIONS LEAGUE to play for.

Guest TruroLad

chelsea fans are a disgrace, tottenham sang start to finish did you hear the chelsea sing? no no!!

COYS, fully deserved victory looks like a trophyless season for £hel$ki and arsescum.

We're the famous Tottenham Hotspur and we won at Wembley!!

Well done the Spurs, it is good somtimes for teams like Chelsea to be beaten,

it will let them know that you may think that you are the best, but like any sport, there is always someone out there who is better than you,

it does no harm at all for the top teams to be beaten, when they least expect it,

So again well done the spurs,

Hammers :drink::thumbsup::yahoo::c: :c:

Here we go. Spurs have won one trophy which they deserved too as Chelsea did not play well, but at the end of the day they are lanquishing half way down the prem table, out of the FA CUP and still are as unpredictable as the bounce of a rugby ball. Yes they may still be in the micky mouse cup that is the UEFA CUP but until the time that the YIDS can say they are consistantly in the top four and challenging for four trophies then they can start boasting about how great they are.

I have been a Chelsea fan all my life and have supported them through thick and thin, at the moment we are having a wonderfull time, as we are consitantly up there and challenging for trophies. What gets my goat is those Chelsea Fans who complain about the team and manager, just because we lost in a final that to be honest only we take seriously out of the top four. Those fans who have jumped on the band wagon when the Russian money turned up, should remember that US real Chelsea fans were still there when we nearly went into the old third division back in the eighties.

Good luck to the YIDS in the UEFA CUP, hopefully it will be a English double in Europe this year.

Here we go. Spurs have won one trophy which they deserved too as Chelsea did not play well, but at the end of the day they are lanquishing half way down the prem table, out of the FA CUP and still are as unpredictable as the bounce of a rugby ball. Yes they may still be in the micky mouse cup that is the UEFA CUP but until the time that the YIDS can say they are consistantly in the top four and challenging for four trophies then they can start boasting about how great they are.

I have been a Chelsea fan all my life and have supported them through thick and thin, at the moment we are having a wonderfull time, as we are consitantly up there and challenging for trophies. What gets my goat is those Chelsea Fans who complain about the team and manager, just because we lost in a final that to be honest only we take seriously out of the top four. Those fans who have jumped on the band wagon when the Russian money turned up, should remember that US real Chelsea fans were still there when we nearly went into the old third division back in the eighties.

Good luck to the YIDS in the UEFA CUP, hopefully it will be a English double in Europe this year.

you say that but the only reason you are challaging so often now is because of bib roms money :unsure:

You need to chill out Luffy. Yes Spurs have only won one trophy BUT it was against a team that is SUPPOSEDLY better than us, a side that was at completely full strength, a side that consistantly competes in the Champions League and finishes in the top 4 of the Premiership each season BUT a side that wasn't good enough to beat us.

YES we are mid table, but languishing???. Don't be so blind fella. It is CLEAR that Spurs are very much a team on the up and it has recently been proved in games against Arsenal in the league where we should have won but for a missed penalty and a bit of misfortune. We then hammered them in the mickey mouse cup. We would have won against Man Utd if the ref didn't go into the 4th minute of 3minutes of added time and we then beat the might of Chelski in a cup final that they were also desperate to win but incapable of doing so.

Ramos has lost only 5 games in total since he took over, so how are Spurs as "unpredictable as the bounce of a rugby ball"??. You can go on as long as you want about consistantly finishing in the top 4 and competing in the Champions League etc BUT if you've been a supporter as long as you say you have, it wouldn't hurt to show a little humility and remember what a shit state your club was in and where it was heading before Roman came in with his billions.

Your club is still running at a LOSS of £70million per year, is making more than £500,000 less each week than Man Utd and Arsenal in gate receipts alone, which equates to £15,000,000 per season in total. You may well be competing on the field BUT off the field you are well and truly screwed if/when Mr Abramovich gets bored with his London toy.

Compare that to poor old mid table, mickey mouse cup winning Spurs who make pretty much the same amount in PROFIT each year as Chelsea do in LOSSES, are a SELF SUFFICIENT club that makes good money each season from nothing other than loyal supporters, great business and sensible wages and are now the 11th richest club in the world. We have a better structure than Chelsea, a better reputation than Chelsea, a better history than Chelsea, A better manager than Chelsea and as was proven on sunday, A BETTER TEAM than Chelsea.

You could also do with thinking about the fact that the cup that Spurs won on sunday "the one that only Chelsea out of the top 4 wanted to win" could quite easily end up being significantly more than Chelsea end up winning this season. IF we can also add "the micky mouse cup that is the UEFA CUP " to our end of season trophy collection I will be one extremely happy and smug Spurs supporter. Then I'll gladly sit back and wait in delightful anticipation to see what Mr Juande Ramos is capable of achieving in a FULL season because if the first three months are anything to go by, I think there will be a fair few "big clubs" looking over their shoulders.?.

Well said coopsie. It really does my head in when chelsea fans who apparently supported the club 'through thick and thin' have got nothing better to say than degrade a team that has more history than them! Spurs have by far a bigger fan base than chelski, much more profit per year, much more history and in my opinion a brighter future. I agree with coopsie, will be very interesting when abramovich decides he has had enough of his toy and does a disappearing act back to russia! surely then new buyer will not pay the wages and transfer fees that the chelski players have been acustomed to!! :SM_carton:

As for the final on sunday. Fat Frank was hopeless. His performance just goes to prove why he has been out of favour with england fans. Didier drogba.....what a joke!!! That guy should apply for a job in a circus! :clapper:

Next season is a big one for spurs and one that I and many other spurs fans will look forward to with great anticipation. Unfortunately for Chelski, the gap is definaltey closing and as for the treble...........WAKE UP!!! :yahoo:

Coopsie, you make a fair point, I understand that Romans money is all that is floating the blues at the moment but if you actually understood what I was saying, is that at present as a Chelsea fan I am happy to take as much success as possible especially as over the years we have not had alot. My point about being a supporter through thick and thin is that I do not slag my team off just because we have lost one match or a trophy.

Also any team can beat any team on its given day and that is the beauty of the cup. The reason I got p***ed off is simple, after the result I was one of the first people to congratulate spurs on their win, however, all I saw where spurs fans having a pop, which is quite acceptable, there is no problem with banter or even hatred between rival supporters especially in the captial.

As expected spurs fans came out fighting in defence of their club, which I would expect from any true supporter. I do not really give a damn about how well run you are or how great you think you are going to do, all I am concerned with is that Chelsea continue to succeed and if that means using the russians money fair enough. If he decides to go then we will have to get over that hurdle when it comes, even if it means we full from our perch and end up mediocore as we were back in the eighties when I graced the terraces of the shed, I will still support them and defend them.

And in regards to degrading a club that has lots of history then I hope spurs fans will never degrade the Gooners whenever they get the chance wake up and smell the roses, thats the beauty of the rivalry.

• 11 months later...