Cornwall Football Forum

No end of Season cup Competitions

So its been announced there will be no end of season cup Competition ,I think its a bloody Joke people like myself was really looking forward to this because of health issues . The main reason it looks is because the Clubhouses wont be able to open to serve Alchohol i dont care a about this and i expect many fans feel the same all they want to do is get out and watch a football match .Do the Fa really know what they are doing sometimes i got my doubts.

The goverment have said clubs cant have any fans watching til mid May Unfortunately thats to late. I think its now best to just wait til pre season and hope we can get back to normal. In the mean time use the time to get all those jobs done around the grounds that sometimes there isnt time to get done. 

57 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

So its been announced there will be no end of season cup Competition ,I think its a bloody Joke people like myself was really looking forward to this because of health issues . The main reason it looks is because the Clubhouses wont be able to open to serve Alchohol i dont care a about this and i expect many fans feel the same all they want to do is get out and watch a football match .Do the Fa really know what they are doing sometimes i got my doubts.

Totally understand your frustration 100%, but without clubhouses and crowds then the sums just don't add up. Even more so than gate money, clubhouses generate vital money from alcohol,but also sales of tea, coffee,soft drinks ,food, raffle tickets and a few quid stuck in the fruit machine in the corner. The revenue from this is needed to get the players on the pitch to start with, it pays for match officials, electric, gas, water, insurance (and so on).

Severel games where played before another Lockdown was called and the clubhouses where closed then and they managed so what is the difference now ,and Boris will be lifting ,  lockdown and letting football and other sports commence again very soon.There is going to be bloody 1000s coming down here this summer and that is asking for trouble but a couple 100 fans are not allowed to watch there team play i will put money on this Covid will be around for a long time and lots of games will be cancelled again whenever the season starts then it wil be start stop again .1 good thing to come out of the season ending is the G get another stay of execution and wont get relegated and then hopefully get some experianced players in then they may do better and get a win they got a good team in the making but too many youngsters who will struggle against more experianced sides 

5 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Severel games where played before another Lockdown was called and the clubhouses where closed then and they managed so what is the difference now ,and Boris will be lifting ,  lockdown and letting football and other sports commence again very soon.There is going to be bloody 1000s coming down here this summer and that is asking for trouble but a couple 100 fans are not allowed to watch there team play i will put money on this Covid will be around for a long time and lots of games will be cancelled again whenever the season starts then it wil be start stop again .1 good thing to come out of the season ending is the G get another stay of execution and wont get relegated and then hopefully get some experianced players in then they may do better and get a win they got a good team in the making but too many youngsters who will struggle against more experianced sides 

Part of the learning curve 100%, they gave it a try then and watched it drain reserves and so know that they can’t afford to do it again now. It’s a shame but better to lose a few games of football now, than a few teams into liquidation by over-stretching!

So big problem is at Step 6 crowds not allowed. At grassroots rule of 6 will apply so a crowd of sorts is OK. But controversially, time and time again, even when spectators were allowed we saw examples of people who thought Covid rules didnt apply once they attended a football match. More than six standing together, bending hospitality rules etc. etc. Its against that background that one of the reasons SWPL stated for their decision was it's not fair - nigh on impossible - on volunteers who have to try and "police" the rules at their club.

On 12/03/2021 at 19:57, andy said:

So big problem is at Step 6 crowds not allowed. At grassroots rule of 6 will apply so a crowd of sorts is OK. But controversially, time and time again, even when spectators were allowed we saw examples of people who thought Covid rules didnt apply once they attended a football match. More than six standing together, bending hospitality rules etc. etc. Its against that background that one of the reasons SWPL stated for their decision was it's not fair - nigh on impossible - on volunteers who have to try and "police" the rules at their club.

The crowds are not large enough to have six standing together!

Accepting that there can be no (at best very limited) crowds, I still struggle to see why there cannot be any end of season games. Players are much maligned about how much they get paid - but surely the majority would turn out for free - just to get some game time. Maybe even officials would give up their fees, so no additional costs for clubs - use it as a pre season, officiated as such to avoid pointless cards / injuries - seems out of date - but actually play for fun and prepare for the serious stuff next season??

1 hour ago, Bobjfh said:

Accepting that there can be no (at best very limited) crowds, I still struggle to see why there cannot be any end of season games. Players are much maligned about how much they get paid - but surely the majority would turn out for free - just to get some game time. Maybe even officials would give up their fees, so no additional costs for clubs - use it as a pre season, officiated as such to avoid pointless cards / injuries - seems out of date - but actually play for fun and prepare for the serious stuff next season??

Our last game generated 6 covid cases among players...maybe that's why(?)

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Our last game generated 6 covid cases among players...maybe that's why(?)

Older - totally appreciate where you are coming from, but I would venture to suggest that by the end of April / May we will hopefully be in a different place and the main reason given above is to do with finances of clubs - not being able to pay players / officials without crowd revenue. 

2 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Older - totally appreciate where you are coming from, but I would venture to suggest that by the end of April / May we will hopefully be in a different place and the main reason given above is to do with finances of clubs - not being able to pay players / officials without crowd revenue. 

Totally understand that as well Bob.

But football at some levels does get expensive,  crazy I know but a fact none the less.