Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

A new Forum - specifically for Women's football


Recommended Posts

We have been asked whether it would be possible to have a Women's Football section instead of it being under Sundays and so here it is!

It's not only for results and match reports but also other ongoing information as well.

Please spread the word around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

We have been asked whether it would be possible to have a Women's Football section instead of it being under Sundays and so here it is!

It's not only for results and match reports but also other ongoing information as well.

Please spread the word around.

Another like for you.

👌

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/03/2021 at 14:44, Dave Deacon said:

We have been asked whether it would be possible to have a Women's Football section instead of it being under Sundays and so here it is!

It's not only for results and match reports but also other ongoing information as well.

Please spread the word around.

Good, great idea Dave - not before time (not your fault I know).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

🤾🏼‍♀️🤾🏿‍♀️🏆👍 Good move Mr. D

Dave, would it be possible for someone to post links to the local Ladies leagues to be pinned and padlocked at the top of the sub-forum as you do in the men’s sub-forums? 
Us oldies wouldn’t know where to look but would like the opportunity to see who’s who!

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Dave, would it be possible for someone to post links to the local Ladies leagues to be pinned and padlocked at the top of the sub-forum as you do in the men’s sub-forums? 
Us oldies wouldn’t know where to look but would like the opportunity to see who’s who!

👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Postman Pat said:

Out of interest and excuse my ignorance but how many adult female teams are there and what is the league structure.

interesting that I think? there have been no female participation so far.

Frankly I don’t think many women queue up to read the forum on an hourly/daily basis. Just wait ’till the news gets round we MCP’s will soon get bullied off!

Quick off the mark there Dave especially as you were finding me a television station at the s@me time🏆

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

The firm is called Earthbound electrical and they are hoping to run a festival over a weekend in July. I have asked him to advertise it on here. His name is Nigel Pidwell

Thank you Pat. 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

Out of interest and excuse my ignorance but how many adult female teams are there and what is the league structure.

interesting that I think? there have been no female participation so far.

Just search on Google Pat - Women's football South West, it's all there, there are 36 teams registered I believe. Some teams have folded sadly due to lack of female interest I think. There are some good sides though. There as been little female participation on the forum sadly too. It may be for fear of ridicule or the typical MCP attitude that Bruegel speaks of elsewhere. If that is so, that would be very sad. The standard of women's football is very good and excellent across the country, with some leagues going professional. Best wishes to them all from me.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

Out of interest and excuse my ignorance but how many adult female teams are there and what is the league structure.

interesting that I think? there have been no female participation so far.

In the CWFL there are currently 7 teams in the East and 7 in the West Divisions.

in addition to this St Austell, Callington & St Agnes have teams in the SWRFL.

Bude play in the Devon league. 
 

So currently 18 adult female clubs in Cornwall with 20 sides (Callington & St Agnes have 2 teams).

It is Helstons intention to take promotion to SWRFL next season and also have a Development team in the CWFL.  
 

I am sure we will see some female comments and members once the word spreads of the forums presence. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Paul Parfitt said:

In the CWFL there are currently 7 teams in the East and 7 in the West Divisions.

in addition to this St Austell, Callington & St Agnes have teams in the SWRFL.

Bude play in the Devon league. 
 

So currently 18 adult female clubs in Cornwall with 20 sides (Callington & St Agnes have 2 teams).

It is Helstons intention to take promotion to SWRFL next season and also have a Development team in the CWFL.  
 

I am sure we will see some female comments and members once the word spreads of the forums presence. 

For me it would be good to see the ladies taking part on the forum. I've watched a lot of professional women's football on TV, from Europe to the USA and Australia. The European leagues and the USA are the best in my opinion. The football is a great standard and a good watch.

Locally the women's football I've watched has been good too. If you really love football gents, I'm sure you will like our women's leagues. Best wishes to them all from me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Craigh82 said:

So glad we have a green light to play again can't wait to get going.

Can now enjoy the rest of the season and then build up to next year with anbit of momentum 

Let's just hope it does start again Craigh. There are still too many individuals out there who think it's not really happening, or, that they are bullet prove and don't seem to care about others. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...