Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL Social Media Abuse

So far today I have seen abuse from Mount Gould, Padstow & St Dom on twitter about the decision to not continue the season and I’m still not finished scrolling. Why is it acceptable? It was a democratic decision and some voted against. SWPL fine clubs/players for far less. Those that are happy to pipe up with negativity should volunteer to help run the league rather than sit and complain about it. 

28 minutes ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

It was a democratic decision

Appreciate this, but I don't quite understand why "null & void" and not "curtailed" like the others. At least that way the season stays on the records. And no mention of any "Covid Cup" so can we assume that this is a no-goer?

Despite this, there's no excuse for the league being lambasted by its own clubs via twitter.

Without wanting to be too pessimistic  I think if a cure or solution for this modern disease of abusing people by use of social media isn't discovered soon that many of the people involved in running clubs and leagues will pack up .I know from my own experience of running a team and being involved in the running of a league that some decisions that we don't like have to be made for the majorities benefit . As I've often said in my posts on this forum , it's easy to be critical if a. you don't know all the facts or b you don't have to make the decision . In my experience most of those doing the sniping are those making the least contribution to the league or the club .. 

Correct decision, if the ECPL was the only league continuing then it would be flooded with players from higher leagues for the remainder of the season ( I assume that is why Padstow were upset at the decision ). Mount Gould were unable to gain promotion from a Cornish league anyway, so it has only really affected St Dominck and anyone else who wanted promotion to St Pirans.The clubs voted for this outcome not the volunteer officials of the league so not sure why they should be criticised.

1 hour ago, Bantona said:

When are we expected to find out what’s happening with the St Piran league and the combo? 

I’ve not seen anything official from the league, but I have seen it elsewhere and heard direct from a couple managers that the St Piran decision for this season to be curtailed was announced over the weekend.

How many clubs would of been able to actually complete the remaining fixtures I know us at st Stephen couldn’t of due to a ground share with cricket I would of loved to carry on but it was never realistic I am upset there is no mention of a cup or anything as i personally would love some football to look forward too. I presume promotion to st Piran league will go ahead and from what I guess it’s a straight shoot out between ourselves and st Dominick? Also hear mount Gould applied to go back to the Devon league? Makes sense if there that upset with the ecpl be better for them than dominating the league again so best of luck to them

You normally find the teams towards the top end of the league table are usually the ones that criticise a decision like this, happened last year at a similar level from this step up to step 4.

Of course if your beating teams 5+ nil every week you want to see it continue, but ultimately the right decision to protect players and other people has been made, move on to next season.