Cornwall Football Forum

The CONIFA Men’s European Cup 2021 draw ...............

Dave Deacon

Yep Follower, both opponents in group C are from the South Caucasus (South Ossetia, Georgia. Artsakh, South-West Azerbaijan), but they’ll be sitting at home thinking Cornwall (or Kernow), I’ll have to look that up............Ahh tiny little place on the edge of England, they don’t even have a league football club!  EASEEEY.

A, seems to be the group of death (based only on the fact that I’ve heard of them all!) and it contains the hosts. I wonder if the teams were seeded?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Simon, so does that make Cornwall third favourites for Group C?

Another question, since the games are played in our time zone, more or less, will any of the matches being televised, or are Radio Cornwall and Pirate FM fighting over the broadcast rights?

Maybe our friend from The Packet, Thomas Dee, will get himself a freebie to cover it!

51 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Thank you Simon, so does that make Cornwall third favourites for Group C?

Another question, since the games are played in our time zone, more or less, will any of the matches being televised, or are Radio Cornwall and Pirate FM fighting over the broadcast rights?

Maybe our friend from The Packet, Thomas Dee, will get himself a freebie to cover it!

I think we went in 6th seed if remember right. 

The games can be viewed on Mycujoo.tv which is free. Unsure on radio and other platforms but will find out.

Some great teams in competition, a couple of games may be one sided but the rest tight with some good football played

Thank you for sharing your knowledge Simon. Excuse the ignorance of the old and decrepit, but I have NEVER heard of Mycujoo and wouldn’t have a clue where to find it (is it in English?). Please keep posting details, as it may (or may not) be a “Micky mouse Cup” but it sounds interesting and a bit physical, and there’s precious little else footie-wise happening.

28 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Thank you for sharing your knowledge Simon. Excuse the ignorance of the old and decrepit, but I have NEVER heard of Mycujoo and wouldn’t have a clue where to find it (is it in English?). Please keep posting details, as it may (or may not) be a “Micky mouse Cup” but it sounds interesting and a bit physical, and there’s precious little else footie-wise happening.

https://mycujoo.tv/en/

I was also unaware of mycujoo.tv until a few months back but now can watch games from around the world. 

The European competition is very competitive. Some of the best Conifa teams in there and likely winners of world cups. 

I think many will be surprised with the quality of games, the passion from the supporters of these nations is brilliant, Conifa globally is only going to grow and hopefully shows Kernow/Cornwall more around the world

On 06/03/2021 at 12:10, Simon York said:

I was also unaware of mycujoo.tv until a few months back but now can watch games from around the world. 

The European competition is very competitive. Some of the best Conifa teams in there and likely winners of world cups. 

I think many will be surprised with the quality of games, the passion from the supporters of these nations is brilliant, Conifa globally is only going to grow and hopefully shows Kernow/Cornwall more around the world

I'm a big fan of the CONIFA events. Went to a few games a couple of years ago, including the final, and was impressed with the standard of football and atmosphere (especially the large and very noisy contingent of Turkish Cypriots in the final at Enfield). Think it would be a great competition for Cornwall to host at some stage.

23 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

What a good idea, I reckon that we could scrape together enough grounds of a reasonable standard. It could also be a busy time for Piran films (do they already post on Mycujoo? Certainly their quality is better than a couple of matches I’ve watched on there!).

Hold the tournament over 3 weeks in late May/ early June. Opening ceremony at the Eden Project, matches held covering all the areas in Cornwall ( What about Mousehole, Falmouth, Liskeard, Launceston, Newquay and St Blazey with a final in the new Truro/Stadium 4 Cornwall/whatever it's called ground), get the Cornish public behind it with a big media blitz (have Nigel Martyn, Martin Gritton and Kevin Miller involved in the publicity with a few Cornish based celebrities) and make sure you have a strong Kernow squad that could win the thing (imagine a few thousand waving flags and belting out Trelawney's Army in the final). Bring it on!

On 09/03/2021 at 09:27, Way Of The Park said:

Hold the tournament over 3 weeks in late May/ early June. Opening ceremony at the Eden Project, matches held covering all the areas in Cornwall ( What about Mousehole, Falmouth, Liskeard, Launceston, Newquay and St Blazey with a final in the new Truro/Stadium 4 Cornwall/whatever it's called ground), get the Cornish public behind it with a big media blitz (have Nigel Martyn, Martin Gritton and Kevin Miller involved in the publicity with a few Cornish based celebrities) and make sure you have a strong Kernow squad that could win the thing (imagine a few thousand waving flags and belting out Trelawney's Army in the final). Bring it on!

The thought of this is amazing and definitely something I will put forward.

CONIFA can confirm that the 2021 European Football Cup (EFC), to be held in Nice, France, has been postponed from June 9-19 to July 7-17.

In light of ongoing coronavirus guidelines, the conclusion was reached following positive dialogue between CONIFA officials and qualified members, plus the organizing committee both within the governing body and on the ground in Nice.

European President, Alberto Rischio, said: “The shift has been made to give teams more time to organize themselves around covid-19 restrictions and because many European League Championships are in the process of a return to action.

“The federations have asked to delay the competition so they can have access to the best players.”

Following the withdrawal of Northern Cyprus, who have suspended activities for the year, CONIFA can also confirm the addition of Two Sicilies to the competition.

They will slot into Group A alongside the host side, County of Nice, and Sardinia, meaning a mouth-watering Italian derby awaits in the French Riviera this summer.

Abkhazia, Sapmi, and Szekely Land will contest Group B while holders South Ossetia will meet 2019 hosts Artsakh and tournament newcomers Kernow FA in Group C.

Padania, Western Armenia, and Chameria will make up Group D. A full media guide and brochure will be made available closer to the competition.

Meanwhile, a contest is soon to be launched in order to find commentators who can add color to the tournament’s online interactive coverage, provided by MyCujoo.

Commentators are sought for Armenian, English, French, Hungarian, Italian and Russian viewers. Further information will be released in the coming days.

European President, Alberto Rischio, added: “We are working hard for this amazing Championship and we hope to be able to show all the fans a change of step in the care of many details around the matches.

“We will give voice to the streamed product and work to create a procedure to follow the players, main actors and to enter the heart of every single game.

“If the organizing committee from Nice can manage the event and get the OK from the French sports and health authorities, we will be able to see something fantastic.”