Cornwall Football Forum

CONIFA Women’s World Cup 2021 draw completed .....

Dave Deacon

2 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Go to Szekely land and get kidnapped! 

Talk about lawless countries!

Bonkers.

Well done Older, having such knowledge of Szekely Land. I wouldn’t have even know where it is without Dave’s note! Much the same goes for Chalmeria (a sexually transmitted disease?), Sapmi (an invitation to get covered in plant juice) or indeed Cascadia (the land of waterfalls?).And I thought my geography was OK. Off to Google (yet again)!

I must say Dave, no problems in misspelling these weird and wonderful place-names, but as you correctly spelled it in the men’s euros, Chameria, a coastal area of Epirus in Albania, doesn’t have an “L” in it, unless it’s somewhere else entirely that Google doesn’t know about!

17 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Fount of all knowledge Bruegel - no sir.  I just watch a lot of women's football because do you know what . . . they get on and play the game (and play it well). They don't keep diving, cheating, ff ing and cussing at the officials. No spitting and blowing their noses onto the pitch etc, they just get on and play the game.

I'm sick of watching Premier League football and having to watch all this - and all that is ugly about supposedly the best football league in the world. End of rant. Sorry Bruegel not attacking you sir. 

Spot on Keith,  my sentiments exactly.

45 minutes ago, Keith B said:

I'm beginning to wonder - with all that is wrong about this supposed best league in the world, with its bad image, the displays of bad sportsmanship, the cheating and foul language and the general display of attitude towards officials and the laws of the game - how much longer before people start switching off and terminating their Sky or BT Sport contracts ! ?

Increasingly I speak to folk who don't watch Premier League football on TV anymore. The way it's produced, the constant replays, the highlighting of all that is rotten about the game we love. Quite apart from the wages we know these players get paid - which are outrageously high.

I'm seriously thinking about it but, loving football as I do, it's not an easy decision.  One down side of termination for me, would be missing the coverage of lower league and women's football, both of which I enjoy.

I struggle to watch it myself these days as well, I now record it and flip through all the crap.

The major problem with all football on TV is that the behaviours they focus upon, (usually repeatedly, in close up and in slow motion) swiftly transfer themselves to players outside of the privileged, elite arenas. VAR was introduced only because of the unfair scrutiny and criticism of every refereeing decision by TV broadcasters - and now they are doing the same with VAR decisions! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CONIFA can confirm that this summer's first-ever Women's World Football Cup, due to have been held on June 23-30 in Székely Land, has been cancelled due to beyond manageable risks surrounding covid-19.

“Unfortunately, the Women’s World Football Cup has been called off," said CONIFA Vice-President, Kristóf Wenczel. "It tastes bitter of course but Székely Land has confirmed their desire to hopefully hold the tournament next summer and make it even bigger."

Wenczel concluded by saying: "I would like to thank all the teams who were intending to participate and would like to welcome you all back next year.” 

#KernowFA #NorthernCyprus #Sapmi #Cascadia
#Chameria #SzékelyLand #womensfootball #womenssoccer #womeninsports

On 20/02/2021 at 15:02, Bruegel the Elder said:

Well done Older, having such knowledge of Szekely Land. I wouldn’t have even know where it is without Dave’s note! Much the same goes for Chalmeria (a sexually transmitted disease?), Sapmi (an invitation to get covered in plant juice) or indeed Cascadia (the land of waterfalls?).And I thought my geography was OK. Off to Google (yet again)!

I must say Dave, no problems in misspelling these weird and wonderful place-names, but as you correctly spelled it in the men’s euros, Chameria, a coastal area of Epirus in Albania, doesn’t have an “L” in it, unless it’s somewhere else entirely that Google doesn’t know about!

Expect there are people in Sapmi wondering where Cornwall is. 🙂