Cornwall Football Forum

National League North & South season declared null & void

• Richard Chown changed the title to National League North & South season declared null & void

As things stand:

Step 1 on-going
Step 2 null and void
Steps 3-6 who knows but seemingly heading one way.                                           Steps 7 and beyond will have to follow suit
FATrophy 2019-20 Final unplayed with one finalist now in the EFL
FA Trophy 2020-21 on-going
FAVase 2019-20 Final unplayed
FA Vase 2020-21 suspended               Senior Cup 2019-20 unfinished                     Senior Cup 2020-21 who knows

Not looking promising!!

No relegation for my team Hereford after an indifferent set of results. Playing weekly, we had the money from big crowds to pay for the better players so seemed on a continuous climb, but due to Covid we have had to swap almost the entire team, front and back office. As happened to Truro we have been knocked back. Also being a fans owned club there is no sugar daddy in the back ground waiting to snap us up for just a few quid. Wait till Covid is over and watch how many clubs, grounds change hands on the cheap.

No local football until everyone is vaccinated is the only safe option, null and void it all now or roll it over.

There's the two choices and both are the common sense approach. 

The infection rates are in the right direction at last but the number of deaths says it all.

You cannot take liberties with this virus or it will win.

No lift on the lockdown or it will accelerate again and have us on the back foot for years.

And for God's sake vaccinate the teachers, police, everyone on the frontline first. 

I'm afraid to say that until we are a long way down the vaccination list I can't see how we can justify playing serious competitive sports.

As for the situation with the FA Trophy and Vase finals from last season - I don't really understand why they weren't played at the beginning of this season! Almost seems pointless playing them now as presumably clubs involved have had players moving on etc!

5 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

I'm afraid to say that until we are a long way down the vaccination list I can't see how we can justify playing serious competitive sports.

As for the situation with the FA Trophy and Vase finals from last season - I don't really understand why they weren't played at the beginning of this season! Almost seems pointless playing them now as presumably clubs involved have had players moving on etc!

Absolutely correct Dave, I would hate to see a fatality in football for the sake of 90 minutes.

Agreed Older, and sadly it probably won’t be a player to succumb, more likely a tea hut worker or ground staff taking drinks in at half time, or any other of the helpers or supporters mixing unwillingly with the “invulnerable” youngsters. As I’ve said until you’re all sick of hearing it; take up in September/October where we left off last autumn.