Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

For sure.

What is the matter with people. This virus can kill anyone, irrespective of age. Have you had your vaccine jab yet older ? Having mine on Saturday. Met a chap I know locally, a retired fireman - he said he's unsure about the vaccine. I said to him - ''have it mate, it might just save your life'' ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the season does resume i think the games that should of been played during the Corona Virus are forgotten about and just continue the season with the remainder games ,im hoping the season does start  up again but if that does happen Godolphin will be relegated but if this season is scrapped The G will stay up But its no good relying on the Covid Pandemic to keep the G in the league for the 2nd season running they are just not good enough at the moment to stay in this league they have improved but will still struggle with such a young team ,Hope the G do stay up and looking forward to getting back to watching local football when things get better .I still say younger people should be given the vaccine now instead of given it to the 80 y rold range group and higher ,young people that could of been saved if they had the Vaccine are dying a lady near me died this week from Covid she was 36 its not right 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am still in favour of the rollover. Even if local football is permitted at the end of March/start of April players won’t be competitive match fit until nearly May. Scientists are still unsure if with new mutations and lengths of immunity there will be a requirement for some form of lockdown next winter.

There is no way this league season can be completed, there is no guarantee that next season will not be interrupted, so roll over this season with unplayed matches starting in September and if things go better than expected there is plenty of time to arrange a Spring Cup competition once the 2020/22 season is completed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Keith B said:

What is the matter with people. This virus can kill anyone, irrespective of age. Have you had your vaccine jab yet older ? Having mine on Saturday. Met a chap I know locally, a retired fireman - he said he's unsure about the vaccine. I said to him - ''have it mate, it might just save your life'' ! 

No not yet buddy...too young at 68, but I am moving up the queue due to my health at this time.

Couple of weeks I believe. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

No not yet buddy...too young at 68, but I am moving up the queue due to my health at this time.

Couple of weeks I believe. 

Sorry to hear you're having problems young man 😊. Comes to some of us with ageing - I'm in the right age bracket (77) but also have had heart surgery (triple bypass) so am vulnerable with a shot immune system - through the medication I'm now on. Hey ho - that's life ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Sorry to hear you're having problems young man 😊. Comes to some of us with ageing - I'm in the right age bracket (77) but also have had heart surgery (triple bypass) so am vulnerable with a shot immune system - through the medication I'm now on. Hey ho - that's life ! 

I know what you mean buddy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely the most common sense approach across all local football this level and below, would be to pause all the leagues as they stand, resuming in August. 
no relegations or promotions, registrations carried over by the FA and leagues, as well as suspensions.

if any football is allowed ... and it’s a big if...I’m sure every league already has a short-format idea for competitive matches most likely locally-orientated that would satisfy players and managers competitive spirits...

it’s plain, simple, and would work 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

The statement released by the FA did say that, pending confirmation from the FA council, steps 3-6 and regional feeder leagues will be curtailed

 

I’m sure Steve Carpenter will give us an update once the dust has started to settle and decisions are made

Link to post
Share on other sites

Statement from the FA received at 7:15 this evening:

'The FA Leagues Committee have met to consider the continuation or curtailment of the 2020-21 season for Regional NLS Feeder Leagues. While Feeder Leagues are sanctioned by County FA's they remain under the jurisdiction of the Leagues Committee under FA Council. 

 The Committee considered the implications of the Government’s Covid-19 roadmap, the recommendations for Steps 3-6 and the feedback from the grassroots survey. The Committee agreed that, in line with the wider grassroots game, they would recommend to FA Council to extend Feeder League seasons to June 30th should any league, in consultation with their Sanctioning Authority, wish to do so. 

 At Steps 3-6, the recommendation to FA Council is to curtail the 2020-21 season. The committee also agreed to revisit the discussions around the restructure at Steps 4-6. For more information please see the statement here https://www.thefa.com/news/2021/feb/24/nls-steps-3-6-update-20210224

 We are aware that a number of clubs have made applications for promotion to Step 6 from Feeder Leagues. We can confirm that these clubs will be factored into the considerations of the feasibility of the restructure. At this stage the process is yet to be determined. However for the avoidance of doubt, the decision of a league to conclude their season early, or extend to June will not prevent a club’s application from being considered by the Committee as part of this process.'

The League Management Committee is meeting tomorrow and all clubs can expect communication sometime over the weekend requesting their thoughts on the options to close out the season.  This information will take a little while to get back and a decision to be made so please be patient while we work it through.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging by previous posts on various threads regarding the resumption of the season it seems most people are in favour of what other leagues have decided to do, it's common sense surely! No changing rooms, no club house access,  and more. Trying to rearrange fixtures is going to be a nightmare. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

No point in a cup competition or friendly matches to take up a few weeks and then to have the usual summer off before pre season! Football clubs aren't just run on match days, most of the work is done leading up to the game (kit washing-drying, pitch preparation, and lots more). All this comes at a cost to the club without money coming the other way. Start next season at the usual time where fans will be allowed back in and players can use the changing rooms and have a beer after. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kernowfooty said:

No point in a cup competition or friendly matches to take up a few weeks and then to have the usual summer off before pre season! Football clubs aren't just run on match days, most of the work is done leading up to the game (kit washing-drying, pitch preparation, and lots more). All this comes at a cost to the club without money coming the other way. Start next season at the usual time where fans will be allowed back in and players can use the changing rooms and have a beer after. 

Which is exactly why the clubs have been given the option as to whether to enter the cup competition or not and given over a week to discuss this within the the club structure.  Some have opted out, some are in and some have yet to respond.  Each clubs circumstances will be different and they must do what is best for them.  Responses from those that have yet to do so are due by the end of today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steve Carpenter said:

Which is exactly why the clubs have been given the option as to whether to enter the cup competition or not and given over a week to discuss this within the the club structure.  Some have opted out, some are in and some have yet to respond.  Each clubs circumstances will be different and they must do what is best for them.  Responses from those that have yet to do so are due by the end of today.

Would it be possible for teams in ECPL to enter the cup competition if numbers are short? Either that or would teams be interested in playing friendlies as Marjons seconds are looking for away games from April? Sorry if this request is not allowed. Thanks 

Link to post
Share on other sites

After reading the latest posts on the swpl thread regarding the cup competition now not taking place due to fans not being allowed in until mid may and clubhouses not being able to sell refreshments unless being ordered and consumed at tables, will the St Pirans follow this guidance. (Full statement on SWPL website) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Kernowfooty said:

After reading the latest posts on the swpl thread regarding the cup competition now not taking place due to fans not being allowed in until mid may and clubhouses not being able to sell refreshments unless being ordered and consumed at tables, will the St Pirans follow this guidance. (Full statement on SWPL website) 

If enough Clubs are willing to play without any income or spectators on match days, then the proposed games could still go ahead.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, John Mead said:

If enough Clubs are willing to play without any income or spectators on match days, then the proposed games could still go ahead.

 

If the league committee vote against playing the cup competition as the with the swpl then it cant go ahead, unless they are called friendlies. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kernowfooty said:

If the league committee vote against playing the cup competition as the with the swpl then it cant go ahead, unless they are called friendlies. 

The committee has not voted against playing a cup competition.  All clubs were asked if they would be happy to play without spectators in the initial trawl.  A small number weren't and have now been removed from the participants list.  There are still enough for a viable competition but in light of last night's info all clubs have been given until Sunday to change their mind if they want to. 

Only the clubs can make their individual  decisions about whether they want to play.  All of their circumstances will be different.  At the moment a good majority want to play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Steve Carpenter said:

The committee has not voted against playing a cup competition.  All clubs were asked if they would be happy to play without spectators in the initial trawl.  A small number weren't and have now been removed from the participants list.  There are still enough for a viable competition but in light of last night's info all clubs have been given until Sunday to change their mind if they want to. 

Only the clubs can make their individual  decisions about whether they want to play.  All of their circumstances will be different.  At the moment a good majority want to play.

That clears that up a bit thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites

With the SWPL teams not playing, will they now flood their the second teams who play in St Pirans to give them game time? Helston, Porthleven, Falmouth, Mousehole. Some teams may find this daunting and some may enjoy the opportunity. The team I play for would relish getting stuck into the "big boys". 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kernowfooty said:

With the SWPL teams not playing, will they now flood their the second teams who play in St Pirans to give them game time? Helston, Porthleven, Falmouth, Mousehole. Some teams may find this daunting and some may enjoy the opportunity. The team I play for would relish getting stuck into the "big boys". 

The rules for the end of season cup rules are now with the Management Committee for approval.  They specifically limit the number of SWPL or higher players that can be used.  This is a competition for St Piran teams and players not an opportunity for higher league players to get a run out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...