Cornwall Football Forum

Chelsea sack Lampard

58 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

The Roman Abramovich system of continually changing managers does appear to work though. That's 14 that have been sacked since 2004, but they have delivered 16 major trophies in this time ( 5 x Premier Leagues, 5 x FA Cups, 3 x League Cups, 1 x Champions League, 2 x Europa Leagues). 

As a fully paid up member of the Kremlin Mafia, Abramovich must be well versed in removing underperformers. It does rather encourage swift results for replacement managers who appreciate the use of his short term contracts. At least in this country ex-managers can walk away once sacked!

4 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

As a fully paid up member of the Kremlin Mafia, Abramovich must be well versed in removing underperformers. It does rather encourage swift results for replacement managers who appreciate the use of his short term contracts. At least in this country ex-managers can walk away once sacked!

And wealthy...very wealthy!!!

On 25/01/2021 at 20:54, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

And wealthy...very wealthy!!!

Sam Allardyce always strikes me as having quite a nice life. Reclines in the sun somewhere in the world, buttressed by his latest sacking pay off, starts taking an interest in the English football scene around November when a twitchy chairman starts to get alarmed by relegation, gets a new job in time for the January transfer window, either keeps them up or shows enough to convince the chairman to keep them around for next season's promotion attempt, gets sacked after about 10 league games when it goes wrong. Takes payout, retires to the Costa Del Ex Manager for a spell, awaits the phone call for his next job in December..

• 4 weeks later...

Lampard was indeed linked with the vacancy, but I also read he wanted time away from the game. To chase Thierry Henry as was also rumoured was surely a case of Bournemouth hierarchy getting a tad carried away with themselves. Notwithstanding he might have settled into the millionaire lifestyle of Sandbanks, lack of knowledge and experience in the Championship would have found him out. 

Woodgate’s appointment by out going boss Jason Tindall was very much strange given that the pair of them barely knew each other (according to Woodgate). His record at Middlesbrough was not over impressive and despite having made a reasonable enough start in the job, he does still remain a gamble appointment.

That said, it is good to see a club invest in a young British appointment.

incidentally, in addition to the Sandbanks residents you have mentioned, you can add Tony Pulis who lives a few minutes down the road in Hamworthy.

On 23/02/2021 at 12:03, Joe1970Johnson said:

Lampard was indeed linked with the vacancy, but I also read he wanted time away from the game. To chase Thierry Henry as was also rumoured was surely a case of Bournemouth hierarchy getting a tad carried away with themselves. Notwithstanding he might have settled into the millionaire lifestyle of Sandbanks, lack of knowledge and experience in the Championship would have found him out. 

Woodgate’s appointment by out going boss Jason Tindall was very much strange given that the pair of them barely knew each other (according to Woodgate). His record at Middlesbrough was not over impressive and despite having made a reasonable enough start in the job, he does still remain a gamble appointment.

That said, it is good to see a club invest in a young British appointment.

incidentally, in addition to the Sandbanks residents you have mentioned, you can add Tony Pulis who lives a few minutes down the road in Hamworthy.

Tony Pulis.

Left Crystal Palace by "mutual consent" in 2015, then subsequently ordered to repay a £3.7m bonus after being found guilty of "fraudulent misrepresentation " by a High Court judge. Sacked by West Brom in 2017, sacked by Middlesborough in 2018, sacked by Sheffield Weds in December 2020.

Perhaps not the strongest of candidates....

Not at any point did I suggest Tony Pulis might be a “candidate” for the Bournemouth job. I was merely pointing out he lived in the area. 

I wish I hadn’t bothered. Having spent the last few weeks reading the posts on this forum, it is clear there are an abundance of ‘clever dicks’ on here whose response to newbies is frankly pathetic. 

1 hour ago, Joe1970Johnson said:

Not at any point did I suggest Tony Pulis might be a “candidate” for the Bournemouth job. I was merely pointing out he lived in the area. 

I wish I hadn’t bothered. Having spent the last few weeks reading the posts on this forum, it is clear there are an abundance of ‘clever dicks’ on here whose response to newbies is frankly pathetic. 

Not a slight against yourself Joe1970, and God knows we need to get regular injections of new blood on here.

More of a comment about how managerial busted flushes like Tony Pulis seem to keep on getting jobs. 

I think that there is a case of misinterpretation here Joe ( world snooker champion ) . I think that Way of and Keith were just digressing slightly from your interesting post and not  putting it down . Way of's  comments were a sort of  " aside " comment about managers who seem to float from extremely well paid managerial jobs to another and used Pulis as an example . I'm sure he didn't imply that you  regarded Pulis as a candidate . 

Keith's comments were , I believe , a  memory of how once unfashionable locations suddenly become the place to be . We've had it up here in Norfolk , 60 years ago the North West of Norfolk was a series of " ordinary " villages , now because of the amount of film stars and other celebrities moving in house prices have rocketed and are out of reach of us mere mortals .

Don't give up on us Joe , you're  obviously an intelligent person as your post showed and it's often been said on here that it would be nice if more of the 6,000 members took part in some of our discussions , whether we agree with them or not . 

They even tolerate my drivel and I live 400 miles away .

• 6 months later...

Good old fashioned defender who timed his tackles perfectly and would “leave a bit on the striker”. Hated playing against them types, Carvalho great at nicking the ball off your toe as well. He made many a good centre forward look average for the afternoon! No wonder Rooney stamped on his bollocks in frustration!! Remember the Ronaldo “winker ” game? 😁

Also. —  did we ever hear from Joe Johnson again after he chucked his toys out the pram!?! 🤔😳🙄