Cornwall Football Forum

St Blazey Management Gone

4 minutes ago, rocky170267 said:

A few decent ballers up for grabs now then ! All decent drinkers too by all accounts !

I think the word decent is misapplied in this instance. 

Well done to the St. Blazey Committee for having the guts to do the right thing despite the difficulties it will cause. I do hope they look this side of the Tamar for the majority of their replacements

3 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Sorry Cornish leg end, the days of “six of the best” are long gone, large fines? they won’t pay them, just p*ss off and play elsewhere. Hanging from the cross bar, followed by drawing and quartering on the penalty spot is also frowned upon nowadays. So what punishment are you proposing?

Some Community support work, help people that need help. It’s alright getting rid of them but they will just go and play else where so the player are at no loss are they. It’s the club that now have no squad and the last time that happened at st blazey they went down and struggled to get back to being half decent now 

40 minutes ago, cornish leg end said:

Some Community support work, help people that need help. It’s alright getting rid of them but they will just go and play else where so the player are at no loss are they. It’s the club that now have no squad and the last time that happened at st blazey they went down and struggled to get back to being half decent now 

Great idea...... They did some. Great work on the changing rooms and could have done work similar in the community

They obviously did wrong but hung out to dry. 

I do think the club were in a hard position though due to the adverse publicity

Only the courts can pass a sentence of Community Service and as yet we don’t know the outcome of any police investigation. The sanctions applied by the Club are limited. Any penalty (short of sacking) would require the agreement of the individual player and would be completely unenforceable. With this particular group, I don’t see that being forthcoming.

I am sure that the result of this decision will cause problems for the Club, but at least they retain their integrity, and that, along with their facilities and status will certainly attract some players of the right caliber.

1 minute ago, Footy follower said:

Great idea...... They did some. Great work on the changing rooms and could have done work similar in the community

They obviously did wrong but hung out to dry. 

I do think the club were in a hard position though due to the adverse publicity

How many of the miscreants were involved in volunteering to improve the changing rooms or indeed any other facilities?

30 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Only the courts can pass a sentence of Community Service and as yet we don’t know the outcome of any police investigation. The sanctions applied by the Club are limited. Any penalty (short of sacking) would require the agreement of the individual player and would be completely unenforceable. With this particular group, I don’t see that being forthcoming.

I am sure that the result of this decision will cause problems for the Club, but at least they retain their integrity, and that, along with their facilities and status will certainly attract some players of the right caliber.

How many of the miscreants were involved in volunteering to improve the changing rooms or indeed any other facilities?

I don't know any of these facts but I remember quite a few did work. 

I agree.. Its an awkard situation as they obviously did very wrong but at the same time they aren't being given a chance to redeem themselves(or not) 

The club are in a situation where I'm sure they wanted to keep a settled side and management who would finish possibly mid to higher table but would possibly lose some integrity. 

There's an old saying.

To err is human. To forgive-  Divine. 

As I've stated to the Blazey managers, what's done is done. Now is time to move on for them and perhaps for all of us on the outside looking in. 

Lifes tough enough without keyboard warriors trying to influence any future aspects. Life is tough enough without resorting to wanting more issues

Just imho

So sad from a supporters point of view. 2 years of hard work down the drain, all for the sake of a p**s up. The team were certainly going in the right direction. Not sure if the punishment is too harsh but the St Blazey committee seemed to have been put in an impossible position by some people. Roll on August and lets get behind the new manager and team.

Far too much goal post shifting and rationalisation of , given the climate, truly reprehensible behaviour.

What's even worse is the staunch defence of them, as if they were entirely unable to avoid getting into that situation in the first instance.

The sad fact of the matter is that they felt the rules didn't apply to them, that they were above those permutations that have confined so many to house imprisonment this past year, and the reaction to this very day, is still of that nature that they've been hard done by or victimised; do me a favour. 

On 21/01/2021 at 20:04, Bruegel the Elder said:

I think the word decent is misapplied in this instance. 

Well done to the St. Blazey Committee for having the guts to do the right thing despite the difficulties it will cause. I do hope they look this side of the Tamar for the majority of their replacements

3 hours ago, Roche Raider said:

Far too much goal post shifting and rationalisation of , given the climate, truly reprehensible behaviour.

What's even worse is the staunch defence of them, as if they were entirely unable to avoid getting into that situation in the first instance.

The sad fact of the matter is that they felt the rules didn't apply to them, that they were above those permutations that have confined so many to house imprisonment this past year, and the reaction to this very day, is still of that nature that they've been hard done by or victimised; do me a favour. 

I only hope that Falmouth don't employ any of these players in the future,but seeing as they come from the Plymouth area it would probably cost too much to bring them down !

' Up The Town'

Such a shame about whats gone on at St Blazey they are hard working and decent people down there and i love my trips down there ,they have so many good players down there but they have a big enough squad to replace the players that will of gone .They are such a good team and play some lovely football i wander where all the players end up maybe some will go to the G Wishful thinking i think .I think when they appoint a new manager it will be Glyn Hooper .I wish St Blazey all the best for the future and im sure they will do well again with what ever team they put out ,me and Smokie will be down there anyway because we enjoy meeting so many lovely people there .Im hoping the G stay up for a 2nd year running due to Covid but they need to rebuild or they will continue to struggle need experiance players there to help the youngsters out .Have a good day everybody day of watching footy on Vipleague looking forward to watching Plymouth i think they will beat Sheffield Utd 2-1 .Have a good day everyone 

On 21/01/2021 at 19:54, rocky170267 said:

A few decent ballers up for grabs now then ! All decent drinkers too by all accounts !

Given the perilous state of many clubs finance even before COVID, a manager who can bring finance and a ready made group of players with them will always find themselves a home.

Only ones I can see being punished is the St Blazey club , committee and supporters. Personally think the club reacted to the outcry on social media . Management team and players can all move on and be playing , managing by the time football starts again. Hope there’s an outcry on here for which ever side decides to sign these players and staff . 

1 hour ago, Tribute said:

Only ones I can see being punished is the St Blazey club , committee and supporters. Personally think the club reacted to the outcry on social media . Management team and players can all move on and be playing , managing by the time football starts again. Hope there’s an outcry on here for which ever side decides to sign these players and staff . 

I dont think they reacted to social media at all. Just took the opportunity to remove what appears to have been a source of embarrassment to them over the season/s.

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I dont think they reacted to social media at all. Just took the opportunity to remove what appears to have been a source of embarrassment to them over the season/s.

They could of done that at anytime. Don’t think they was on contract to St Blazey and therefore entitled to a big pay out if Blazey fired them unjustly 

1 hour ago, Tribute said:

They could of done that at anytime. Don’t think they was on contract to St Blazey and therefore entitled to a big pay out if Blazey fired them unjustly 

A considered decision rather than a knee jerk one is always better.

A respectable amount of  time to let the furore die down in my opinion...well done from me.

They will go to whoever pays the most most are Plymouth based so will so will end  a up at Parkway ,only 2 clubs as far as i can see who would pay them and that is Bodmin or Helston and  ,i would think Helston is too far to travel for the Plymouth players they certainly wont just go to a club because they enjoy playing the game thats very rare in the game now .There are some great players who would of left the club like Jake Miller it will be interesting where they all end up .Whatever happens at St Blazey they will still have good players left when the season gets under way again be nice to see a couple of them playing for the G Dan PERRYMAN for a start and a experianced player like Sam COOPER if they have left Blazey .Me and Smokey wish you well and look forward to coming to Blaize Park again soon i hope . I cant wait to get back to watching local football this Lockdown does affect your mental health it affects mine its sad really but thats all i looked forward to was watching local football in all weathers Love and Miss it .Stay Safe People hope to see you all at a ground in the near future when this bloody Covid has buggered off i have my opinions on that as well what about the younger people having the Vaccine why is the 80 ,90 and even 100 year olds given priority people in ther 30s are dying if they had the vaccine there lifes could of been saved ,ok better not say any more i speak my mind too much i better shut up now .Take Care everyone 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

They will go to whoever pays the most most are Plymouth based so will so will end  a up at Parkway ,only 2 clubs as far as i can see who would pay them and that is Bodmin or Helston and  ,i would think Helston is too far to travel for the Plymouth players they certainly wont just go to a club because they enjoy playing the game thats very rare in the game now .There are some great players who would of left the club like Jake Miller it will be interesting where they all end up .Whatever happens at St Blazey they will still have good players left when the season gets under way again be nice to see a couple of them playing for the G Dan PERRYMAN for a start and a experianced player like Sam COOPER if they have left Blazey .Me and Smokey wish you well and look forward to coming to Blaize Park again soon i hope . I cant wait to get back to watching local football this Lockdown does affect your mental health it affects mine its sad really but thats all i looked forward to was watching local football in all weathers Love and Miss it .Stay Safe People hope to see you all at a ground in the near future when this bloody Covid has buggered off i have my opinions on that as well what about the younger people having the Vaccine why is the 80 ,90 and even 100 year olds given priority people in ther 30s are dying if they had the vaccine there lifes could of been saved ,ok better not say any more i speak my mind too much i better shut up now .Take Care everyone 

Maybe that's why Leeds was so obsessed with it all....... In the hope of getting some quality players at Bodmin.

12 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

They won’t get anywhere near Plymouth parkways team. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Well Leeds, with your reputation as a tipster, it definitely won’t be him then!

😂 You wait & see! Interviewed yesterday, at a secluded venue I heard on the High Street this morning. 

Bringing some financial clout ( you know big Phi££ !) with him in a time money might be difficult for some clubs. 

Good luck to him, be nice to see him back involved in local football again. 

13 minutes ago, baldy said:

Will be absolutely gobsmacked if Phil takes this on. 

Wait & see... Its hardly High Risk for Phi£, already a raid on two from Helston, two from Saltash, 4 from St. Dennis, & 4 from St. Austell.

Heard it here first... big bucks back at Blaise Park.

Phi£ will now NOT be taking part in the Cornwall version of I'm a 'Mid Cornwall Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here' due to be held in Cardinham Woods. 

On a different note, well done St. Blazey Fc deserve good fortune after your last escapade. 

Good luck. 

9 hours ago, silly billy said:

Alan Carey's name has also been mentioned. I really hope Phil takes the job as he's a genuine top bloke. The club deserve a bit  of luck.

St Blazey have had one or two false dawns over the past 10 years, a big club that would benefit all of Cornish football if they were strong again.

Remember that Bobby Oaten got a really good young side together in 2013, Warren Daw and Dan Evans were amongst this team. Both have gone on to be key parts of the Tavistock recent success story.