Cornwall Football Forum

referees in the Premiership

fenman

1 hour ago, Brianmooreshead said:

Thought of Darren this weekend, some appalling refereeing on view. The decision to disallow the Cavani goal was pitiful. how any referee can watch the reply of that and do anything other than book son for his pathetic reaction is beyond me 

Another awful decision. Also in that game Fernandes kicked out at a Spurs player, ref saw it, no booking. 

The referees are rubbish with their inconsistencies. 

Personally I can live with human errors by officials , I'm not saying I like it, but players also  make mistakes that cost games it's part of the game . But I cannot see how any rational person with any idea of the passion in football could allow this VAR  farce to continue . Wolves / Fulham game , brilliant headed goal by a loan player struggling to make his mark . Players line up to take centre , no complaints or protests  but it is decided to review the goal , multiple lines drawn and after a delay it is decided that a player's cuff  , not the scorers   , is offside . I gather a goal was disallowed in the Liverpool game for a similar reason . I don't have  a big problem with the Wolves goal too much because , Leeds had a goal disallowed against Wolves for a similar farcical reason in a previous game . A caller on Talk sport rang in on Saturday and said that there was nothing wrong in these  decisions because rules are rules . He then quoted Athletics and tennis line decisions to highlight his point . Chris Sutton ( good old Norfolk boy ) said that you can't compare offside ruling to the finish line in a sprint race or a line call in tennis and I think the rest of us would agree . Sadly I think the thoughts and feelings of the real football people ie. the fans won't have any effect on the ruling body of football . One further , interesting point made by Sutton was that different  VAR  operators  have a different opinion on whether it was offside or not ,  

3 minutes ago, fenman said:

Personally I can live with human errors by officials , I'm not saying I like it, but players also  make mistakes that cost games it's part of the game . But I cannot see how any rational person with any idea of the passion in football could allow this VAR  farce to continue . Wolves / Fulham game , brilliant headed goal by a loan player struggling to make his mark . Players line up to take centre , no complaints or protests  but it is decided to review the goal , multiple lines drawn and after a delay it is decided that a player's cuff  , not the scorers   , is offside . I gather a goal was disallowed in the Liverpool game for a similar reason . I don't have  a big problem with the Wolves goal too much because , Leeds had a goal disallowed against Wolves for a similar farcical reason in a previous game . A caller on Talk sport rang in on Saturday and said that there was nothing wrong in these  decisions because rules are rules . He then quoted Athletics and tennis line decisions to highlight his point . Chris Sutton ( good old Norfolk boy ) said that you can't compare offside ruling to the finish line in a sprint race or a line call in tennis and I think the rest of us would agree . Sadly I think the thoughts and feelings of the real football people ie. the fans won't have any effect on the ruling body of football . One further , interesting point made by Sutton was that different  VAR  operators  have a different opinion on whether it was offside or not ,  

You realise it's the incompetent referees making the decisions on sending off or fouls don't you?? 

Wait till you see the West Brom goal being disallowed tonight. They e drawn the lines off the wrong player, the incompetent official can see that but chooses not to. 

I suppose  the line of thinking ( no pun intended ) as regards the introduction of VAR  is that football must be electronically controlled so to speak  in other words  all  decisions will be monitored by an independent panel  used electronic meters eventually . We are in an age where the process of thinking is being removed  by technology . Many people rely on a calculator to add up , if the calculator says that 2 plus 2 equals 5  unless you haven't learnt how to add up manually you take this as correct . Many people are incapable of reading maps and rely on Sat Navs to direct them to where they are going . If they  put St. Ives into the machine they could go to St. Ives in Cornwall instead of St. Ives in Cambridgeshire  where they wanted to go . Because they have no sense of the direction they should be going they'll take this as correct . ( this type of thing had happened quite a bit with people going to Walcott in Suffolk instead of Walcott in Norfolk , 50 miles apart ) . Is this where football is headed in the future ?