Cornwall Football Forum

Is this the final act with subsequently City back playing in Devon?

Suggestion on Facebook (The Lost Football Grounds and Terraces of the UK)  today that Treyew Road is currently being cleared for demolition for the new Lidl and that the club are to play their home games at Plymouth Parkway.

As I said it is a “suggestion” but it’s not the only place I’ve heard this from today! I have also been told today independently that “All sold and Truro City moving out very soon I’m hearing”

Indeed I have Way Of The Park. Already been in touch yesterday with Truro City inviting the Chairman onto this week’s Rappo & Deacs podcast.

The club have asked if I can push back the talk with the chairman till next week.

This kinda  falls in with what I’ve learnt from elsewhere as I understand there is a legal embargo on any information being released until the 20th January.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to Is this the final act with subsequently City back playing in Devon?

I would have thought there are two or three grounds that could be adapted quite quickly but the problem would always be the pitch, two senior teams would mean big pressure on the playing surface. 

Can't think of a pitch that could take it. 

Plus because of Truro's league status they would have precedent on fixtures I believe.

That would make home supporters really happy! 

2 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I would have thought there are two or three grounds that could be adapted quite quickly but the problem would always be the pitch, two senior teams would mean big pressure on the playing surface. 

Can't think of a pitch that could take it. 

Plus because of Truro's league status they would have precedent on fixtures I believe.

That would make home supporters really happy! 

They could always plough some money into Bickland Park for a few years until the Stadium for Cornwall happens (if ever!) Or if not, until it all collapses and they end up at Malpas!

Hope for the original TCFC supporters that it doesn't all fall apart. I bet they are upset to hear rumours of going back to playing in Devon. Are the owners bothered about these supporters or the history of the club I wonder or is it all about the SFC?

34 minutes ago, The Town Man said:

They could always plough some money into Bickland Park for a few years until the Stadium for Cornwall happens (if ever!) Or if not, until it all collapses and they end up at Malpas!

Hope for the original TCFC supporters that it doesn't all fall apart. I bet they are upset to hear rumours of going back to playing in Devon. Are the owners bothered about these supporters or the history of the club I wonder or is it all about the SFC?

Bickland would be one of my three but would have to spend a lot on the pitch for sure.

You'd still have the problem of Truro having precedent on fixtures and I don't think the hooligans known as F troop would be happy playing second fiddle to the second most successful club in Cornwall! 

59 minutes ago, John Mead said:

Fan segregation, each with access  to their own toilets and refreshment areas, two stands, proper turnstiles, pitch-side infill to stop balls etc. etc. Nowhere in Cornwall could easily qualify, by 31st March, for a ground share!

Parkway don't have that 

On 14/01/2021 at 23:40, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Bickland would be one of my three but would have to spend a lot on the pitch for sure.

You'd still have the problem of Truro having precedent on fixtures and I don't think the hooligans known as F troop would be happy playing second fiddle to the second most successful club in Cornwall! 

No hooligans in Ftroop Dave 🤨

I have heard Truro will be sharing Plymouth Parkways ground when they get it up to the required standard to play in the Southern League ,they asked 2 teams in Cornwall if they could share there ground 1 of them being Bodmin but the grounds where not up to the requirements .Cant help feeling for the loyal supporters who have been let down by Truro City fc all about money ,Pity they couldnt come play here at Newquays ground there ground and Clubhouse has got to be 1 of the best around 

3 hours ago, Keith B said:

Talking of the forum - with the total lack of football anywhere and a drying up of posts/threads - unless we get some other line of soccer interest introduced to the forum, I fear it may close. Let's hope the vaccine starts to bring an end to this virus quickly now. Mask up people and do the right things according to Government guidelines ! 

At the risk of aiding and abetting the skewing of thread content Keith, you are absolutely right it seems that you, Older and my humble self have produced over 50% of all postings over the last couple of weeks and I don’t know about you but I’m running out of ideas.

Surely something football related is going on somewhere in the County (discounting the machinations at the C.F.A. and various leagues who must be gnawing their pencils to a stub trying to make predictions and decisions) Is Dave B too busy to throw one of his reffing quizzes together? Come on forumers put your brains in gear and let’s see some exciting new content! Please?

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

I have heard Truro will be sharing Plymouth Parkways ground when they get it up to the required standard to play in the Southern League ,they asked 2 teams in Cornwall if they could share there ground 1 of them being Bodmin but the grounds where not up to the requirements .Cant help feeling for the loyal supporters who have been let down by Truro City fc all about money ,Pity they couldnt come play here at Newquays ground there ground and Clubhouse has got to be 1 of the best around 

Parkway get quite  a few Argyle supporters  when they (Argyle) are away

Who would get preference to play at Bolitho Park  to avoid clashing with Plymouth Argyle >

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Yes Cornish, Newquay would be one of my 3 grounds that could possibly entertain Truro. 

Certainly a good pitch over the years and with a bit of investment on the surface it would be wearable. 

48 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Agree Newquay's ground is one of the best. I always liked to go to Newquay's ground, good old fashioned seated stands and good facilities. Nice people too.

Bodmin's ground also - nice stand. Always seemed strange though to me, the pitch falling away from the centre circle - unless that has been sorted out now. Plenty of car parking too, at or adjacent to the ground. 

Bodmin would be my third choice but the surface can be awful, and would take serious money to get it to a wearable standard for two 1st teams. 

Only other real problem is you don't have to go into the ground to watch the game! 

45 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

So Older, Newquay in your top three, Bodmin 3rd in your list, what’s the missing piece of the jigsaw, the first or possibly second depending on the extent of your love for Newquay?!

He has already said that Bickland park, but would need work on the playing surface. Plus the hooligan element🎣🎣🎣

Parkways ground dosnt meet Southern leauge standerds its got one tiny seated stand and a coverd standing area behind the dugouts. No ground around dose meet the standard at the moment. The only one I can think of that comes close ls falmouth but the pitch definitely won't take another team on it. And falmouth won't want to host Truro and play second fiddle unless they get alot of cash in return.

Prahaps they play at home park or maybe torquay again although that's a hell of a trek for a home game