Cornwall Football Forum

Ride on mower for sale

On 13/01/2021 at 15:13, Titus Bramble said:

Is anyone in need of a ride on mower for their pitch? I have a contact looking to sell one - they paid £6k for it around 4 years ago and are asking £3k for it.

If anyone would like more details then let me know!

This ad has been on four sub-forums for six days and has yet to provoke a response.
Is it too expensive to expect only 50% depreciation over four years? Is 3 grand just too much to shell out in the middle of a pandemic lockdown when clubs have precious little income? There must be some opinions from our “interesting” experts, too expensive, questions over condition (presumably no guarantees after four years) or do all clubs have adequate cutting kit already? Maybe they should he be targeting other markets; cricket clubs, premises with large gardens etc.?

I'll take your "hint" Bruegel. 

3k for a 4 year old ride on rotary I presume would be pretty much on the mark depending which make and model it is.

We have one for sale as well and would come with a spiker, brush and drag mat as well if anyone is interested? 

Less than  3k too...our old kit now we've updated.

Did us ok for 20 odd years, but the mower is about 5 years old. 

1 hour ago, BIG AL said:

A mower of this class I would expect is probably a kubota or iseki diesel . It certainly would be a professional mower and might even have limited hydraulics., power steering etc.

No Al, an upper range ride on mower is in the £6k bracket these days.

You don't need a compact tractor/hydraulics etc to look after one pitch.

On 18/01/2021 at 22:34, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

No Al, an upper range ride on mower is in the £6k bracket these days.

You don't need a compact tractor/hydraulics etc to look after one pitch.

Would not like even to guess what the one at Falmouth School cost!

4 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

They can afford it BIG AL, after all you and I paid for it (depending,of course, whether it was bought with Council Tax payers money or Income Tax payers money)!

That is true, schools do not hold back with expenditure! This mower has massive hydraulic gang mowers hydraulically operated on the rear.