Cornwall Football Forum

Nationwide lockdown

8 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

With the new lockdown now in place and with rumours of the restrictions not being lifted to mid March 

where does this leave the leagues ? I can’t see where the time will be to finish the season especially if the players will need another a pre season almost 

Carry it over until next season could be an option.

32 minutes ago, silly billy said:

Carry it over until next season could be an option.

Start again in August with the standings and results still in place from halted season. All player registrations also carried over, together with any unspent suspensions. Showpiece fixture with proceeds going to COVID charities as a big re-start ( SWPL East XI v SWPL West XI?)

League and county cups would fill any gaps from shortened fixture list.

Agreed Richard. With hindsight the league’s should have just suspended last season and restarted it in August/September. By now we would be within a few games per team of a conclusion to a 2019/21 season.

If tha vaccines are rolled out at half the speed that the government suggests (a bit optimistic I know), then we still won’t be protecting those of playing age before the end of the year, even if it still works on mutations to come. So do we risk another season started and then abandoned next year or think about cobbling together a 2020/22 season which will at least have a chance of coming to a conclusion with a few spare cup/shield competitions kept in hand in case things go better than expected.

Lots of options, who would be a League/County administrator trying to negotiate the next eighteen months!

4 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

From League Secretary Phil Hiscox and well worth a read ....
http://www.swpleague.co.uk/blog-post/updates/

Plenty of calm and considered thinking regarding what can be done ,and potential consequences. If only we had some of that in government.

(I'm in danger of becoming a Phil Hiscox fan boy)

4 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Plenty of calm and considered thinking regarding what can be done ,and potential consequences. If only we had some of that in government.

(I'm in danger of becoming a Phil Hiscox fan boy)

If Boris was half way ahead of the curve as Phil is, the country would be in a much better state.

The boys above beat me to it, Phil Hiscox, the best league administrator by a country mile, not just for his statement regarding the current situation but for his ongoing and historical excellence with the SWPL.

18 hours ago, silly billy said:

They can't just abandon every season because they did once. Could be a decade or more before we get a full season otherwise.

But they cannot come up with different outcomes each time because clubs will think they were unfairly treated

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Scrap all cup Competitions for this season just get the league finished even it means carry on until now to June ,Have no promotions or Relegations just get the season out of the way and start again in September 

"Start again in September" we've tried that once and are probably in a worse position now than we were for the 1st lockdown. The only way I can see is to have roll-over seasons.

23 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Agreed Richard. With hindsight the league’s should have just suspended last season and restarted it in August/September. By now we would be within a few games per team of a conclusion to a 2019/21 season.

If tha vaccines are rolled out at half the speed that the government suggests (a bit optimistic I know), then we still won’t be protecting those of playing age before the end of the year, even if it still works on mutations to come. So do we risk another season started and then abandoned next year or think about cobbling together a 2020/22 season which will at least have a chance of coming to a conclusion with a few spare cup/shield competitions kept in hand in case things go better than expected.

Lots of options, who would be a League/County administrator trying to negotiate the next eighteen months!

38 minutes ago, silly billy said:

"Start again in September" we've tried that once and are probably in a worse position now than we were for the 1st lockdown. The only way I can see is to have roll-over seasons.

What a good idea‼️
How did you come by it⁉️

7 minutes ago, silly billy said:

See the second post of this thread. That's if you bothered to read it. 

Yep, it was a good idea both times!

58 minutes ago, JonColenzo said:

Haha sorry if that’s aimed at me, think its just a case of 2 people having similar ideas and wanting to share it. Thought that’s what the forum was form.

Sorry if it’s caused any trouble.

Not at all JC. Not aimed at you particularly either, just those folks who come on here and go on and on and on, like that Bruegel feller, knows nothing, posts volumes‼️

It was only a few days ago that clubs in lower divs of Football League,being urged NOT to use changing rooms. I think those pros are still getting tested. What hope is there for mere mortals down this way ? And just to conclude a season? Come on ,look at the bigger picture. Football pales into insignificance. Stay safe everyone.

1 hour ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Yep, it was a good idea both times!

Not at all JC. Not aimed at you particularly either, just those folks who come on here and go on and on and on, like that Bruegel feller, knows nothing, posts volumes‼️

That good you felt the need to repeat it. "Practice what you preach" 🤣

4 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Has anyone thought of reading a thread before posting on it? It would save you time and us from reading the same points made over and over again ad nausiam!

I would have to say you can be quite rude to people who are having constructive comments... Their point are not identical to yours and anyway it's good to see if people Have the same views

I was looking for some robust responses during this extended period of no regional football and indeed I got some. I do hope that I haven’t upset you with my posts, but am happy to reassure you that I wasn’t in the least upset by your, or indeed, anybody else’s replies.

I still find repetition and deviation irritating. I wonder if there are any panelist’s jobs going on “Just a Minute” I hesitate to ask⁉️