Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Recommended Posts

Something from the statement saltash released about the positive cases does not add up, if they knew about the 3 positive cases in there club on Xmas Eve surely for safety of fans & players the game should of never been played? regardless of the deep clean they so called did on Christmas Day! They should of at least kept the clubhouse shut due to the positive cases in there? Seems like they wanted to cash in on the 300 sell out. Now people have to had self isolate and lose out on potential income and put potentially vunerable people at risk! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Buggzy said:

Something from the statement saltash released about the positive cases does not add up, if they knew about the 3 positive cases in there club on Xmas Eve surely for safety of fans & players the game should of never been played? regardless of the deep clean they so called did on Christmas Day! They should of at least kept the clubhouse shut due to the positive cases in there? Seems like they wanted to cash in on the 300 sell out. Now people have to had self isolate and lose out on potential income and put potentially vunerable people at risk! 

If what you say is correct, then Saltash officials need to be looking over their shoulder to see what size their substantial fine will be.

Substatially more than they made on the day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Footy follower said:

I would assume they've only just found out that anyone was positive otherwise why would the statement only be put out today 8 or 9 days later. 

If they only found out, why would they of done the deep clean on Christmas Day? Seriously doesn’t make any sense of how the game was even played with them obviously knowing about the 3 cases within the club!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Was the clubhouse open to the crowd on boxing day?

It was fully booked if I’m right in thinking for seating before & during, but after the game yes it was open to players & crowd!

Link to post
Share on other sites

The way I read it was club only just been notified by track and trace that someone tested positive who visited on xmas eve 

club cleaned and disinfected ‘as a matter of course between xmas eve and Boxing Day’. To me that implies after every day/evening they are open the routinely clean and disinfect. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, quiksilver said:

The way I read it was club only just been notified by track and trace that someone tested positive who visited on xmas eve 

club cleaned and disinfected ‘as a matter of course between xmas eve and Boxing Day’. To me that implies after every day/evening they are open the routinely clean and disinfect. 
 

I would certainly hope so, all hospitality premises should be cleaned after closing/before opening every day, preferably using a spray/mist disinfectant.

PS While you need a “deep clean” to remove beer stains, mud etc. disinfecting surfaces and upholstery will do fine for coronavirus!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

I would certainly hope so, all hospitality premises should be cleaned after closing/before opening every day, preferably using a spray disinfectant.

Get a fogging steriliser, quick and very efficient with a Covid killing chemical. 

Sterilises ceilings, walls, soft furnishings and the air in the room.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In the statement it ask if any spectators came in contact with the players to self isolate. 

 Does this mean it is players who have caught it which begs question why did the Boxing Day match go on at all. When they were informed and cleaned it xmas day ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a gentle reminder everyone. 

I attended a game on 27th October. Open air ground in Cornwall. I didn't enter the club.  I caught Covid. Has that club lost -40 points? No. 

The only thing which confirmed the T and T works is that NHS made a lot of people isolate as a result of that including 15 people I work with (boy was i popular). 

So if you did T and T like I did on Boxing Day and you've not been contacted then you have little to worry about.

Equally, the NHS will decide- NOT the club what day you are on for self isolation. I was positive the Friday so started on Day 5 as I got the result on a Sunday. But my work colleagues all started on Day 2 as I'd been in work on the Thursday with no symptoms. This was October so they got 14 days isolation rather than the 10 now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

In the statement it ask if any spectators came in contact with the players to self isolate. 

 Does this mean it is players who have caught it which begs question why did the Boxing Day match go on at all. When they were informed and cleaned it xmas day ? 

Club only notified yesterday of positive cases. Not Boxing Day 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, quiksilver said:

Club only notified yesterday of positive cases. Not Boxing Day 

So why the deep clean on Xmas day then indicating they where  aware then    

All bit confusing in the statement

also comments suggesting the players were Plymouth based in the clubhouse who shouldn’t have been in there coming from different tier. 

if anything it seems a good thing the league is actually suspended when it did as this could have got worse the more matches went on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As a matter of course the clubhouse was thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between Christmas Eve and Boxing Day.”

I think their statement might suggest that the clean is done anyway, irrespective of whether any Covid issue or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

So why the deep clean on Xmas day then indicating they where  aware then    

All bit confusing in the statement

also comments suggesting the players were Plymouth based in the clubhouse who shouldn’t have been in there coming from different tier. 

if anything it seems a good thing the league is actually suspended when it did as this could have got worse the more matches went on. 

Cleaning and disinfecting for pubs and bars after closing is done every day after they are open as part of COVID guidelines 

From Boxing Day both Devon and Cornwall were placed in to tier 3. The Christmas Eve cases did not involve players from what I heard 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Just a gentle reminder everyone. 

I attended a game on 27th October. Open air ground in Cornwall. I didn't enter the club.  I caught Covid. Has that club lost -40 points? No. 

The only thing which confirmed the T and T works is that NHS made a lot of people isolate as a result of that including 15 people I work with (boy was i popular). 

So if you did T and T like I did on Boxing Day and you've not been contacted then you have little to worry about.

Equally, the NHS will decide- NOT the club what day you are on for self isolation. I was positive the Friday so started on Day 5 as I got the result on a Sunday. But my work colleagues all started on Day 2 as I'd been in work on the Thursday with no symptoms. This was October so they got 14 days isolation rather than the 10 now.

How do you know you caught it at the game? Or at work? Or anywhere else you had been? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, quiksilver said:

Cleaning and disinfecting for pubs and bars after closing is done every day after they are open as part of COVID guidelines 

From Boxing Day both Devon and Cornwall were placed in to tier 3. The Christmas Eve cases did not involve players from what I heard 

A player was supposedly confirmed to have it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, quiksilver said:

Cleaning and disinfecting for pubs and bars after closing is done every day after they are open as part of COVID guidelines 

From Boxing Day both Devon and Cornwall were placed in to tier 3. The Christmas Eve cases did not involve players from what I heard 

Plymouth has been in tier 2 for ages so technically the Plymouth based players were not really meant to be in the club house. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

How do you know you caught it at the game? Or at work? Or anywhere else you had been? 

I'd only been to football that Tuesday(day off from work). Wednesday and Thursday bar 2hrs in work I didn't leave my flat. Only contact with 1 work colleague.  I went down with symptoms on Friday - Day 3 when they traditionally appear.

As part of T and T the NHS were satisfied that football was the most likely place as was my follow ups with Derriford lung clinic and I was stood chatting close to a positive person. I wont name that person but they got symptoms the same week.

But then work out how my other half never caught it? We shared a bed and flat as they're working from home! 

Its a virus. If its got your name on it- bugger all you can do but hope it doesn't hit you bad. And thats why any idiot who blames a football club shouldn't. Unless you've stood in close contact for minimum of 10 /15 mins with a positive case then you should be fine. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Philheybrookbay said:

I'd only been to football that Tuesday(day off from work). Wednesday and Thursday bar 2hrs in work I didn't leave my flat. Only contact with 1 work colleague.  I went down with symptoms on Friday - Day 3 when they traditionally appear.

As part of T and T the NHS were satisfied that football was the most likely place as was my follow ups with Derriford lung clinic and .

But then work out how my other half never caught it? We shared a bed and flat as they're working from home! 

Its a virus. If its got your name on it- bugger all you can do but hope it doesn't hit you bad. And thats why any idiot who blames a football club shouldn't. Just think- when you went to the shop/post office/outside for a walk- did you T and T then? 

 

I think the issue is that the statement(before edited) inferred that the(or some) players had ( or were at) a small function in the Clubhouse and then some have since had covid. 

58 minutes ago, quiksilver said:

Cleaning and disinfecting for pubs and bars after closing is done every day after they are open as part of COVID guidelines 

From Boxing Day both Devon and Cornwall were placed in to tier 3. The Christmas Eve cases did not involve players from what I heard 

From new years eve.. Tier 3

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Plymouth has been in tier 2 for ages so technically the Plymouth based players were not really meant to be in the club house. 

 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/rules-people-tier-2-3-4739230.amp&ved=2ahUKEwigtsj8vP_tAhXXi1wKHbEMD1cQFjAQegQICxAB&usg=AOvVaw3MnLsqgnAbdLy0y__zIRoX&ampcf=1

Christmas Eve you could sit and have a pint in Tier 1 from Tier 2/3 without a meal.....

IMHO- I miss total lockdown. At least you know where you stood

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Philheybrookbay said:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/rules-people-tier-2-3-4739230.amp&ved=2ahUKEwigtsj8vP_tAhXXi1wKHbEMD1cQFjAQegQICxAB&usg=AOvVaw3MnLsqgnAbdLy0y__zIRoX&ampcf=1

Christmas Eve you could sit and have a pint in Tier 1 from Tier 2/3 without a meal.....

IMHO- I miss total lockdown. At least you know where you stood

 

That not correct the Plymouth players shouldn’t be in there drinking from a tier 2 area. It never changed just because you travel to a teir 1 area  

your right tho a total lockdown should have happened ages ago  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, silly billy said:

Wait till Leeds see this......

I have washed my hands with it Silly Billy.

I'm done from all this from now. 

Hearing today St. Blazey are keeping their duo in charge, after the committee have bottled out of dismissing them. Frightened. 

They dismissed Danny Bance a few season back after a poor string of results, yet this leadership take a group of players on a night out, a piss up, a social, breaking rules set out by the Government & Police whilst people are dying alone without families by their side.

The Committee are weak of this IF this is  correct, & deserve Everything that will come there way, from petitions from the local Hospitals ( hearing this already in motion) & I know of two people who have sadly passed away from Covid, taken far to soon,  BOTH their families WILL be attending the next fixture at Blaise Park as they would like to hear from Management as to why they find it acceptable for them to completely discard the guidelines, & Committee to see how they can defend a duo who let this happen so openly, flaunting the law with arrogance. 

Many many respected guys involved in local football have agreed these people don't belong in football, after all the other incidents during the last 8 months involving the club, if what I'm hearing is correct, & you are keeping the culprits, then club hold your heads in shame.

People have died, will continue to die, some young, some old, some alone without family to hold their hands.

If you agree with me, please just 'like' this post. I know I can ruffle a few feathers most of time , but this is real life, I find this absolutely criminal.

Stay safe all, from someone who has lost two friends from this Killer disease. Let's hope 2021 doesn't have as much sorrow. 

Leedsunited bowing out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have to wait for a statement from the Club outlining their decisions and the reasons for them. Rumours, no matter how close to the Club the source is are extremely unhelpful.

Any decisions from the Club Committee at this time must surely be subject to any sanctions imposed by the Police, County Councils and footballing authorities who will presumably not be concerned about the consequences of their decisions.

We await the results of all of their deliberations with interest.

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 likes in 5 days, including at least One Swpl Club secretary, many regulars of the Cornish Soccer Forum, & from one of the most respected, successful football men on the local football circuit... tells its own story 

Safe safe guys, remember football can wait a while, saving lives & preventing unnecessary transmissions/deaths can't wait.

**Please follow the rules** 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, leedsunited said:

19 likes in 5 days, including at least One Swpl Club secretary, many regulars of the Cornish Soccer Forum, & from one of the most respected, successful football men on the local football circuit... tells its own story 

Safe safe guys, remember football can wait a while, saving lives & preventing unnecessary transmissions/deaths can't wait.

**Please follow the rules** 

 

I think Leeds has reinvented him/herself as a human being!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, leedsunited said:

19 likes in 5 days, including at least One Swpl Club secretary, many regulars of the Cornish Soccer Forum, & from one of the most respected, successful football men on the local football circuit... tells its own story 

Safe safe guys, remember football can wait a while, saving lives & preventing unnecessary transmissions/deaths can't wait.

**Please follow the rules** 

 

I think the likes were for the part you said ‘ Bowing out ‘ 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...