Cornwall Football Forum

League restart.

I think the leagues are working on the same 2 week review that is being used by the government, hence games on January 2 & 9 have been postponed.

I don’t think anyone seriously expects  the situation to be any better by then. It’s just a matter of marking time until the inevitable happens.

It would be a brave league that restarted under Tier 3. Would probably get quite a few more spectators when the weather was better.

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

I got the impression they might be trying to restart after clubs had a chance to review and revise their Covid Risk Assessment plans following the most recent Tier 3 move. Hence the delayed restart after festive period. One would assume the league will go with what the clubs think. 

Yes I just seen revised fixture lists and put 2 and 2 together 

1 hour ago, bighairydave said:

Definitely provisional fixtures, with the review on 13th confirming what will happen next.

Currently we have lost 244 games this month already across the County.

And 500 odd new cases in Cornwall in one week is it now.

Play football, travelling etc...go figure.

Spread it around the county why not!

Where have you seen a revised fixture list for Trelawny matches ?

Until the Leagues above us have refixtured their postponed games (for however many weeks they are off ) then I have no idea what pitches they require and what that leaves available to fixture our matches on so nothing will be changed until then ! 

Matches for January and 6th February have simply been postponed , although this severely restricts the pitches available to refixture them , especially those who have to be off after 2nd week in April due to cricket ! 

How many clubs can honestly say they can follow the Covid Assessment criteria to the letter at present...............I would guess very few !!! 

9 minutes ago, zebedee said:

Where have you seen a revised fixture list for Trelawny matches ?

Until the Leagues above us have refixtured their postponed games ( for however many weeks they are off ) then I have no idea what pitches they require and what that leaves available to fixture our matches on so nothing will be changed until then ! 
Matches on 2nd and 9th January have simply been postponed , possibly 16 th and 23rd may go same way TBC 

How many clubs can honestly say they can follow the Covid Assessment criteria to the letter at present...............I would guess very few !!! 

On the Trelawney full time. I seen fixtures scheduled for the 16th, with 2nd and 9th postponed. So I guessed that was what the fixtures were that had been updated. And that the league would go from there.