Cornwall Football Forum

13 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

coady-9

covid-19

Similarity there, friendlies...really!

Want to know a horrible stat... I know more people that have taken their own lives since the pandemic started (3). I know more people that have died due to cancer (2) since the pandemic started... I don't know anyone that has died from COVID and COVID alone.

Football is an escape for people. If people are still allowed to play football, their opinion should be respected. As should yours. If we are again imprisoned in our own homes due to a strain of the Flu, I fear my personal stats as mentioned above will only increase (apart from the deaths by COVID stat which I invisage will remain at 0).

I still want to play football. Does that make me a bad person? Or does it mean that I'm human? I trust the processes in place, the science and guidance. I'm an extremely resilient person, I can deal with most of what is thrown at me... However, even I'm starting to become frustrated, tired and fed up with recent times. I see the impact isolation is having on my family members and it's grating me. My wife, my kids... It's consuming them.

There's a fine balance between preserving people's mental health and keeping them "Covid safe". 

54 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

coady-9

covid-19

Similarity there, friendlies...really!

The older I get the more of a moany old **** I am??

an I asking for a friendly?? Or am I asking if friendlys are allowed a simple yes or no answer would suffice cheers for your input tho 🥰

1 hour ago, coady-9 said:

The older I get the more of a moany old **** I am??

an I asking for a friendly?? Or am I asking if friendlys are allowed a simple yes or no answer would suffice cheers for your input tho 🥰

Read it again and understand it.

1 hour ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Want to know a horrible stat... I know more people that have taken their own lives since the pandemic started (3). I know more people that have died due to cancer (2) since the pandemic started... I don't know anyone that has died from COVID and COVID alone.

Football is an escape for people. If people are still allowed to play football, their opinion should be respected. As should yours. If we are again imprisoned in our own homes due to a strain of the Flu, I fear my personal stats as mentioned above will only increase (apart from the deaths by COVID stat which I invisage will remain at 0).

I still want to play football. Does that make me a bad person? Or does it mean that I'm human? I trust the processes in place, the science and guidance. I'm an extremely resilient person, I can deal with most of what is thrown at me... However, even I'm starting to become frustrated, tired and fed up with recent times. I see the impact isolation is having on my family members and it's grating me. My wife, my kids... It's consuming them.

There's a fine balance between preserving people's mental health and keeping them "Covid safe". 

There's a fine balance between catching it or not as well.

I knew one who has died from covid, and with 3 confirmed cases here I fall on the side of caution for all those around me.

11 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Read it again and understand it.

There's a fine balance between catching it or not as well.

I knew one who has died from covid, and with 3 confirmed cases here I fall on the side of caution for all those around me.

I respect that 100%. And that's where there has to be a balance also. Respecting each others opinions. Happy new year my friend