Cornwall Football Forum

You got to laugh really.....

after reading the excellent Truro City Forum I came across a post about singing songs to get the atmosphere going.

one of the songs mentioned was the famous Millwall and Perranporth song, "no one likes us, we don't care"

Truro City FC have requested fans/followers not to sing this!!! at risk of causing trouble!!

Link to Topic on Truro City FC Forum

:c::clapper::c::clapper::c::clapper::c::clapper: :c:

Maybe instead of only looking at this from the "why can't I sing it?" perspective, those who feel censored should try thinking about somebody else for a change and give the Chairman some respect.

Truro City would not be where we are today, having the fun we're having, if it weren't for him. If he politely asks that a particular song not be sung, why isn't it simply showing due respect to honor his wish?

It's hardly a major sacrifice is, it? And for those thinking, "today it's 'No One Likes Us' tomorrow it'll be 'David Leonard's White Gold Army'" that's called the "slippery slope" and there's no reason to believe this is the first step toward a State-Sanctioned Acceptable Songs List from the TCFC Politburo.

To say "Can I sing this please" implies something that isn't the case here at all.

Dustin,

Liverpool's owners ask the Kop not to sing "we're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen" because its seen as though we're lying. What do the Kop do? don't sing it? or laugh at such a ridiculous thing?

I know its a different level, but jesus, is there any harm in Truro supporters singing "no one likes us, we don't care" its sure better than 20 mins of 10 people chanting "Dave Leonards, White and Gold army"

there's hardly a songbook of songs for followers to sing is there?

Of course the chairman deserves respect, but what on earth is wrong with this?

But Darren, don't you think that "different level" is significant here? The Kopites are not likely to run into Messrs. Gillet and Hicks at Tesco (good thing for the health of the Americans), but City supporters are much more likely to come face to face with Mr. Heaney -- it's more personal still, isn't it?

If all the supporters ever do is sing the same song over and over, that's a problem, yes -- but surely "No one likes us" isn't the only other club in the bag?

But, hey -- you nailed the Inter score! Any more predictions I can take to Unibet?

people should be allowed to say and sing what they like, if the glazers asked the stretford end not to sing about the scousers they would be chased out of the place, also if the owners at Liverpool asked the kop to stop singing nasty songs about them as it hurts their feelings they would be told to F*** right off.

Fans pay their money and have a right to sing what they like otherwise all the grounds will end up like the emirates and sshhhhh ed everytime you cough. :D:D:thumbsup:

I personally like the 10 german bombers song when England play and it is all pc gone mad trying to stop it as i have read in interviews that the germans think it is funny.

I appreciate the comments Dustin, but lets remember, Truro City is Truro City, not Mr Heaney FC

With regards to Liverpool predictions, after that prediction in Turkey, I'm not making any away predictions, but lets just say, I'm quietly looking forward to the draw for the next round!!

My tickets for San Siro arrived today

Guest TruroLad

i get one of my posts removed for telling kevin heaney to take the stick out of his arse and do his job instead of crying about what the fans are singing.

the 'no one likes us' song is true because no non league team does like heaney FC.

that geezer needs to get a grip and stop spitting his dummy out when something he doesnt like happens.

ok it seems i am not allowed to post on the truro city website anymore, looks like them as a club cannot take criticism i take pity on them, i really do.

if they cant take criticism then they shouldnt have got involved with football.

my post said something like;

'looks like another one of my posts got removed,

the song is relevant because no non league team does like them,

1) chelsea of non league football

2) chairman trying to make fans sing what he wants'

there were 2 other points but i forgot them

Guest Bunhill

:lol:

Heres a song they might be aloud to sing......

All things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small.............................

Cant see that causing trouble!! :lol:

Thanks for the inspiration Paul,

As in "All things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small, Truro won the F.A. Vase and Falmouth won Foucault"*, should go down a storm on Weds night at Porthleven........

*Probably the one and only time a post-structuralist philosopher gets a mention on here :), lyrics obviously adaptable for after the watershed

Guest truropaul

Dustin,

Liverpool's owners ask the Kop not to sing "we're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen" because its seen as though we're lying. What do the Kop do? don't sing it? or laugh at such a ridiculous thing?

I don't see the difference in this case! Just because the chairman doesn't approve shouldn't stop any chants as long as they comply with any ground regulations.

HOWEVER, There is a clear link with ‘No one likes us, we don’t care’ for football fans with the very agressive "fans" of Millwall. Given the , fortunately few, reports of problems at or after Truro's games this season, I can see Mr Heaneys point.

In answer to Trurolad, when you say "the song is relevant because no non league team does like them",

why is it that every western league club that I visited last year where supportive of Truro City?

i get one of my posts removed for telling kevin heaney to take the stick out of his arse and do his job instead of crying about what the fans are singing.

the 'no one likes us' song is true because no non league team does like heaney FC.

that geezer needs to get a grip and stop spitting his dummy out when something he doesnt like happens.

ok it seems i am not allowed to post on the truro city website anymore, looks like them as a club cannot take criticism i take pity on them, i really do.

if they cant take criticism then they shouldnt have got involved with football.

my post said something like;

'looks like another one of my posts got removed,

the song is relevant because no non league team does like them,

1) chelsea of non league football

2) chairman trying to make fans sing what he wants'

there were 2 other points but i forgot them

When you go onto the Truro forum and abuse the club chairman,what do you expect a medal?No wonder they dont want you posting on there again.I can understand that not everyone would agree with the chairmans request,but you could have worded your feelings differently.

You should be well at home on this forum to join the other anti Truro brigade.I dont think your posts will be missed that much on the Truro forum.

KIT.

Guest TruroLad

i am not anti truro, i have watched them from the age of 8.

i just dont think that the chairman should be telling the fans what they can and cant sing.

i have only had a small anti truro side recently because i feel the club have handled things in the wrong way like the bannings (glad they got over turned in the end) and now the singing/chanting.

i hope i will be able to post on the truro forum soon as not everything i say is bad, i have praised the club, officials and players in the past, i have also put some good idea's forward, like the family stand down the treyew road side or the far end and even a section on the forums where each week a different player/official gets asked questions put forward by the fans and they respond via the forums.

Again, exaggeration. The Chairman isn't telling the fans what they can and can't sing. He's asked that one song -- which has some associations nobody wants attached to Truro City -- not be sung. He hasn't said anything about banning songs mentioning post-structuralist philosophers* or insisted that all matches open with "The Hymn to Heaney." It's one little ditty, not the tip of an iceberg.

* think of the wider possibilities here: working up rhymes for various philosophers (we could start with Python's "Philosopher's Song" . . . and of course it all began with that Greek Soccertease; I think he played for Olympiakos . . . but then I've also heard he played for both sides . . .