Cornwall Football Forum

With New Tiers

30 minutes ago, baldy said:

The word is suspended. The fact that it is over 2 counties which will now both be Tier 3, doesn’t seem relevant.

Sorry yes suspended you are right...... We it does say to to stay with in your area unless for work or education. So playing a football match as a Cornish team in Devon surly can’t fall as under your area?

31 minutes ago, baldy said:

The word is suspended. The fact that it is over 2 counties which will now both be Tier 3, doesn’t seem relevant.

It's mainly the extra restrictions imposed by DCMS & NLS which render it very difficult for smaller clubs to adhere to. For instance, 2 metre social distancing markings throughout the ground, family groups from same household only, with clubs responsible for monitoring and enforcing. Not sure that's what most signed up for!

1 minute ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Technically, they could. Have you seen the regulations? If my understanding is correct, they still could get that number of people in the ground so long as they follow the government and FA's updated policy

Easy to say but hard to introduce a new risk assessment 3 days before match day.

I can only see us going ahead behind closed doors - a scenario I'm surprised St Pirans didn't go for. Don't get me wrong, safety first, but Tier 3 allows the sport to go ahead and behind closed doors fixtures would at least keep us going. 

50 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Technically, they could. Have you seen the regulations? If my understanding is correct, they still could get that number of people in the ground so long as they follow the government and FA's updated policy

You can only stand with your own household. Who the bloody hell would want to police that 

3 hours ago, skinner said:

Dave you carry on with your league but i hope you got a hostipal

If you genuinely think that there's more chance of catching COVID on a football pitch than there is catching it at the Nail Salon, the Shops, Work or any of the other places that are still trading, I'd recommend you look at the science, the guidance and the information that is readily available.

If you look at the guidance, you will see there is no major changes for the footballers, it's all about spectators (someone's actually put a screenshot above). With the Flexi League banning spectators altogether (not that we get many), as I've said above, you've got a spectacularly higher chance of catching COVID at the shop than you have on the pitch. 

The Club's still want to play - I've only had one say they don't want to take the risk, primarily because they can't adhere to the guidance (separate vehicles). We have no problem with that. I've had a number of messages not just on this forum but also on social media praising our attempt at trying to keep things going. People understand the importance of sport for the body and mind and they want to keep themselves involved until the law forbids them. 

There may not even be a continuation of Flexi Football yet.

1 hour ago, Dave Bartlam said:

If you genuinely think that there's more chance of catching COVID on a football pitch than there is catching it at the Nail Salon, the Shops, Work or any of the other places that are still trading, I'd recommend you look at the science, the guidance and the information that is readily available.

If you look at the guidance, you will see there is no change for the footballers, it's all about spectators (someone's actually put a screenshot above). With the Flexi League banning spectators altogether (not that we get many), as I've said above, you've got a spectacularly higher chance of catching COVID at the shop than you have on the pitch. 

The Club's still want to play - I've only had one say they don't want to take the risk, primarily because they can't adhere to the guidance (separate vehicles). We have no problem with that. I've had a number of messages not just on this forum but also on social media praising our attempt at trying to keep things going. People understand the importance of sport for the body and mind and they want to keep themselves involved until the law forbids them. 

Two more tested positive here though! But I understand your thinking.

3 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

If you look at the guidance, you will see there is no major changes for the footballers, it's all about spectators (someone's actually put a screenshot above). With the Flexi League banning spectators altogether (not that we get many), as I've said above, you've got a spectacularly higher chance of catching COVID at the shop than you have on the pitch. 

If any of your players regularly frequent nail bars I imagine all their colleagues give them plenty of social distance on the pitch and the changing room!

2 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

If any of your players regularly frequent nail bars I imagine all their colleagues give them plenty of social distance on the pitch and the changing room!

I wouldn't be one to question what they do in their spare time... However times are changing and it's now 2021. Who knows what people do these days 👀