Cornwall Football Forum

Odd Down decline to play at Tavistock!

I find it hard to understand why Odd Down didn’t feel up to playing their match at Tavistock this afternoon!

The match had to be brought forward  30 minutes as Tavistock had a problem with their lights not working.

However, because of the match being pushed forward, Odd Down felt they couldn’t play (within their rights obviously) after a 3 hour journey meant their players would only have 30 minutes until kick off to warm up and get changed!

Seems a little petty to me!

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

I find it hard to understand why Odd Down didn’t feel up to playing their match at Tavistock this afternoon!

The match had to be brought forward  30 minutes as Tavistock had a problem with their lights not working.

However, because of the match being pushed forward, Odd Down felt they couldn’t play (within their rights obviously) after a 3 hour journey meant their players would only have 30 minutes until kick off to warm up and get changed!

The answer is in the name; ODD Down (very!)️[Google says the journey takes an average time of under two-and-a-half hours. Wouldn’t expect the roads to be particularly busy!]

Let's remember that it's Tavistock that failed to get the game played at the correct time. 

However... Once you've travelled 3 hrs.... And then got to get back as well... Just play the game..... They wdve lost and will lose next time too... Unless of course the league actually say Tavistock cdnt fulfill the fixture.and award odd down the game.....a possibility maybe

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Tavi wanted it kicked off at 2pm

They had plenty of time to warm up. From what I have seen they spent 45 mins moaning and whining about it. They just used the excuse to get it called off. Ridiculous . Just get the game played far too many pamperd individuals now who think they are playing in the premiership 

Feel for Tavistock who then had to refund all the spectators individually from the cash tin. 

The fact they have already had to cancel what would have been a huge game against parkway Boxing Day means it not been a great few days for them 

22 minutes ago, Footy follower said:

Screenshot_20201228_180457.jpg

I do agree with you though... With the amount of games off at moment.. Just play the game.... A couple hundred fans let down and 22 + players who just want to play football

Sorry I thought I had seen 2.30 somewhere! Probably the mention tweeted by Phil suggesting that still could have kicked off half two with reduced half-time.

If the "22+ players" wanted to play, who didn't then?

It was by pure luck no-one was injured when the electrical board burst into flames... Odd Down were contacted and they tweeted the new KO time (check their twitter feed)... On their arrival at 1-20 power was being restored to the changing rooms etc..  At that time there were no lights or showers, these were restored at 1-45pm... Most of Tavistock players arrived at 1-30... So a 2-30 KO was proposed with a shorter half time period... However,  Odd Down wanted an hours warm up with a 2-45pm KO!! Thus with no flood lights it would not be possible to complete the game.

An act of God (storm damage) caused the issue...

I am at a loss why Odd Down didn't want to play, except apparently it was done on a players vote in their changing room!!!

Never experienced anything like it ever...