Cornwall Football Forum

CHRISTCHURCH V FALMOUTH TOWN

Just want to say Good Luck to the Town .Flying the flag for Cornwall and the SWPL in the FA vase . The lads left early this morning aboard the Truro City team coach ,courtesy of Truronian ,full squad available .We were unlucky up there last year ,hoping we can get our revenge .Gutted I can't make the game but will be listening to live commentary on radio sportslive.co.uk from 14.30 .

COME ON THE TOWN !

32 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Just want to say Good Luck to the Town .Flying the flag for Cornwall and the SWPL in the FA vase . The lads left early this morning aboard the Truro City team coach ,courtesy of Truronian ,full squad available .We were unlucky up there last year ,hoping we can get our revenge .Gutted I can't make the game but will be listening to live commentary on radio sportslive.co.uk from 14.30 .

COME ON THE TOWN !

Good luck Town from Camelford - do yourselves and the county proud

Just watched the game.Β  Christchurch looked dangerous 1st half going forward with Town strugglingΒ to retain possession. 1-0 half-time a fair reflection although Tom Annear had an excellent chance after two minutes and the Christchurch keeper made a wonder safe halfway through.

Β 

2nd half and Town dominated the game but nothing would fall for them. Christchurch quite physical and street-wise with tactical fouls and massive time-wasting from the keeper. James Ward scoredΒ a trade-mark towering header with 10 to go and it was game-on.

Disappointing rule about going straight to penalties. Not sure what is gained by not playing extra-time and I would have backed the Town to win it with another half an hour.

Penalties and Ryan Barnes saved the first one. The rest were scored until Town missed their fourth then sixth. Christchurch converted the rest of their pens and win 6-5. Tough one to swallow but excel!ent all-round performance.

Unlucky Town.

Watched the game on the phone, televised non-league football, a sign of the times in which we live at the moment.Β  The team did us proud this afternoon and were unlucky in the shoot out.Β  If it had gone to extra time I think we might have got the win, we were definitely controlling the game in the second half.

12 hours ago, Town Fan said:

Watched the game on the phone, televised non-league football, a sign of the times in which we live at the moment.Β  The team did us proud this afternoon and were unlucky in the shoot out.Β  If it had gone to extra time I think we might have got the win, we were definitely controlling the game in the second half.

Why were they unlucky in the shoot-out? Not seen the coverage so just interested to know.

14 hours ago, Town Fan said:

How on earth could you discern anything watching a football match on a phone, it’s like watching ants swarm. Invest in an iPad/tablet man!

An absolute cracking game to watch. The 1st half Christchurch edged it however we had a couple of gilt edge chances that their keeper saved, especially a close range header. What a save !!! The 2nd half was wave after wave of Town pressure but Christchurch defended well and always looked a threat on the counter attack. Although our approach play was outstanding we were let down by the final ball andΒ bad luck until 10 minutes from the end Wardy rose and headed the equaliserΒ that sent the travelling F-troop wild. But despite more pressure by Town the score remained 1-1 at the final whistle.

The penalty shoot saw us take a 2-0 lead but despite missing their first penalty i have to say the quality of spot kicks there after by Christchurch were all top drawer. We missed our 4th and 6th penaltiesΒ to lose 6-5 and our dream was over for another season.

All i can say is...roll on St Mawgan this comingΒ SaturdayΒ  for our CSC match. I'm feeling....TOWN ALL OVER :)Β 

25 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

How on earth could you discern anything watching a football match on a phone, it’s like watching ants swarm. Invest in an iPad/tablet man!

Or invest in a smart TVΒ  Breugel .Me and the Mrs were watching it with some alcoholic refreshment.It was if we were sat in the stand. Frightened the life out of the cat when Wardy scored the equaliser though.Β πŸ˜πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

3 hours ago, mattelot said:

Or invest in a smart TVΒ  Breugel .Me and the Mrs were watching it with some alcoholic refreshment.It was if we were sat in the stand. Frightened the life out of the cat when Wardy scored the equaliser though.Β πŸ˜πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Even if we had a smart television I would still end up, in the bedroom watching the footie on my iPad. The smart TV would be downstairs being utilised for something else entirely!πŸ˜’πŸ€ΎπŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ›ŒπŸ–₯❗️

7 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Well if I'd been at home I'd have watched it on the TV, using the the Chromecast.Β  As I was out that wasn't an option, but at least I followed them.Β  Anyway the picture quality on Huawei phones is really good.Β  As to the iPad/Tablet, my birthday is a few months away, but if you're offering to buy me one, I'll accept it graciously.Β  After all what's a few months between friends?

πŸ˜‚

8 hours ago, le boss said:

Why were they unlucky in the shoot-out? Not seen the coverage so just interested to know.

I've always felt that penatly shoot outs contain an element of chance as the player and the keeper have usually made up their minds what they'll do before the ball is kicked.Β  Just my opinion, others may disagree.Β  I can't understand why extra time wasn't an option, it's what usually happens in cup games where there are no replays.