Helston Athletic                P-P           Penzance

Liskeard Athletic               P-P           Dobwalls

Mousehole                         P-P         Falmouth Town

St Austell           1-0            St Dennis

St Blazey                              P-P         St Dennis

Sticker                                  P-P         St Austell

Wadebridge Town           P-P         Newquay

Wendron United              P-P       Porthleven

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Bank Holiday Monday, December 28 2020

Having been to Poltair with Saltash before Christmas and having avoided the mess at Tavistock- I went East.

Dartmouth 6 Stoke Gabriel 2.

My first visit and the pitch was in amazing condition. Bitterly cold Northerly.

Dartmouth much the better side but Stoke Gabriel have improved massively since I saw them earlier in the season. Dartmouth coming in after an horrendous 8-3 defeat on Boxing Day at Ivybridge which supporters said was an horror show.

Enjoyed the game- fair to say these teams aren't going to be troubling the top sides going forward but good to get out the house. 

Bit of sleet/snow on A38 coming back. A sign of things to come? 

20201228_141531.jpg

Well Done St Austell for getting the game, great credit.

However St Austell have to thank the ref for a very average performance, blatant penalty on Boon from behind with 10mins to go, was laughable not to be given. 

Also midway through the first half late tackle tackle on visitors player, and having Rowe through on goal, ref decided to bring it back and not book the player, which I believe is wrong in the new laws, he must book a player if he stops the game. 

Both keepers were exceptional and Chapman save with near enough the last kick. 

No arguments with sending off, just silly, but certainly a homer ref. 

8 minutes ago, unitedrhino said:

However St Austell have to thank the ref for a very average performance, blatant penalty on Boon from behind with 10mins to go, was laughable not to be given. 

Also midway through the first half late tackle tackle on visitors player, and having Rowe through on goal, ref decided to bring it back and not book the player, which I believe is wrong in the new laws, he must book a player if he stops the game. 

Spot on report, watched the game myself and the ref missed a blatant pen and some other decisions. St Dennis deserved at least a draw. 

Took a trip to Poltair to watch StAUSTELL VS St Dennis credit to both teams for playing a entertaining game in atrocious conditions  St Austell winning 1-0 with Kyran Bishop the goalscorer ,

goalies really on form and St Dennis goalie Steve Parker Billinge was my mom he made some brilliant saves but so did Jason but he always does .No Joe Cooper or Dan Peters today for St Dennis but they played well and deserved a draw Luke Johnson sent off for a reckless foul but there was severel in the awful conditions my mom was the St Austell 11 i didnt know who he was but when i got back and looked at the team list and saw it was Tiaga Soares who i use to see playing every week for the G but he was really good and put over some great crosses .Met lots of good people there Bob , Martin Duffs dad and Ollie and Neil glad i went and watched the match because it hasnt been the best of Christmases just a bad time for me i lost my dad to a massive stroke in 1981 on Dec 27th my Birthday and in 2009 Dec 28th i lost my mum also to a stroke and this year in May i lost my partner Amanda to a stroke .Im hoping 2021 is a better year i could do with 1 what i have found out is how many genuine nice people there is out there and and there are severel really nice people on this site Thankyou everyone . Hope you all have a Happy New Year and see you all at a ground soon but think Smokie is traumatised after the awful weather at St Austell just wish he would wear his coat but he wont its a battle trying to get it on him . 

30 minutes ago, iand said:

What was the attendance?

170Good performance from St austell on what was a soaking surface, both teams had chances but st austell just about deserved it. Some very silly challenges from the st dennis players before one got sent off mid way through the 2nd half 

Pitch absolutely wrecked after the game but 3 points will be well worth it 

Well Done Sg Austell for getting the game, great credit. However St Austell have to thank tge officials for a very average performance, blatant penalty on Boon from behind with 10mins to go, was laughable not to be given. 

Also midway through the first half late tackle tackle on visitors player, and having Rowe through on goal, ref decid

3 hours ago, unitedrhino said:

Also midway through the first half late tackle tackle on visitors player, and having Rowe through on goal, ref decid

Guess we’ll never know. Ref decided not to act like he did for most of the contentious decisions. Enjoyable game played in difficult conditions. Hope Robbo hasn’t bought any lottery tickets cos he ain’t gonna win. Sadly, Smokie and Steve had to stay out in the weather.

22 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Took a trip to Poltair to watch StAUSTELL VS St Dennis credit to both teams for playing a entertaining game in atrocious conditions  St Austell winning 1-0 with Kyran Bishop the goalscorer ,

goalies really on form and St Dennis goalie Steve Parker Billinge was my mom he made some brilliant saves but so did Jason but he always does .No Joe Cooper or Dan Peters today for St Dennis but they played well and deserved a draw Luke Johnson sent off for a reckless foul but there was severel in the awful conditions my mom was the St Austell 11 i didnt know who he was but when i got back and looked at the team list and saw it was Tiaga Soares who i use to see playing every week for the G but he was really good and put over some great crosses .Met lots of good people there Bob , Martin Duffs dad and Ollie and Neil glad i went and watched the match because it hasnt been the best of Christmases just a bad time for me i lost my dad to a massive stroke in 1981 on Dec 27th my Birthday and in 2009 Dec 28th i lost my mum also to a stroke and this year in May i lost my partner Amanda to a stroke .Im hoping 2021 is a better year i could do with 1 what i have found out is how many genuine nice people there is out there and and there are severel really nice people on this site Thankyou everyone . Hope you all have a Happy New Year and see you all at a ground soon but think Smokie is traumatised after the awful weather at St Austell just wish he would wear his coat but he wont its a battle trying to get it on him . 

100% - was good to catch up, hopefully Smokie has warmed up by now - it was bitter 

Not a bad game, weather and pitch considering. St Austell play some lovely football, but I actually thought St Demnis had the better clear cut chances - they probably should have been up at H/T despite St Austell having most of the play. Good goal, created by Tiago, but I don’t understand why the St Dennis Manager took so long to change it around as he was beating their right back every time - once Ed Timmons moved out wide at the back, St Austell lost their cutting edge. After the goal and sending off I thought game over, but St Dennis suddenly woke up and should have equalised - two clear chances which were harder to miss than score. St Austell probably edged it but only just. Also good to see two of the best keepers in the league - Chippy and out of retirement SPB  both had good days  

23 hours ago, unitedrhino said:

A decent debut from st Dennis young left back along with a very impressive debut from spb in goal,st Dennis unlucky not to come away with a draw but on another day st Austell could of had a couple more too.

Baldy we didnt mind being out in the rain and the wind it was good just to watch the match because i think the season will be abandoned again with the Covid getting worst ,I see the G staying up by default again then me and Smokie our going to take over and make Ollie and Neil our 1st signings .I really enjoyed the StAustell vs St Dennis game a bit of rain isnt going to harm you , i felt sorry for the young St Dennis full back Charlie Bladon Tiago put him on his ass so many times you had to feel sorry for him but Tiago is some player even on a quagmire of a pitch he was briliant on the wing ,if Joe Cooper had been playing he would of sorted the defence out but Steve Parker Billinge was brillliant with his saves . Hoping to watch the G take on Newquay this weekend in the Senior Cup 

45 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Baldy we didnt mind being out in the rain and the wind it was good just to watch the match because i think the season will be abandoned again with the Covid getting worst ,I see the G staying up by default again then me and Smokie our going to take over and make Ollie and Neil our 1st signings .I really enjoyed the StAustell vs St Dennis game a bit of rain isnt going to harm you , i felt sorry for the young St Dennis full back Charlie Bladon Tiago put him on his ass so many times you had to feel sorry for him but Tiago is some player even on a quagmire of a pitch he was briliant on the wing ,if Joe Cooper had been playing he would of sorted the defence out but Steve Parker Billinge was brillliant with his saves . Hoping to watch the G take on Newquay this weekend in the Senior Cup 

Steve the master tactician and Smokie barking out the orders. Love it lol

On 30/12/2020 at 10:26, 100%cornish said:

We were watching a different game then mate,Charlie done very well n the only time he was on his ass was down to the sodden pitch