Cornwall Football Forum

Covid Postponements

I appreciate and understand that we are in a difficult situation with guidelines to be followed and people’s safety put first. But could anyone please post exactly what are all the new Covid restrictions that affect grassroots football within Cornwall in Tier 2 that have come in to place since last Saturday that means games are now getting postponed for the generic reason of “new Covid restrictions”. Apart from a loss of money from Clubhouse closure I can’t see anything new on the FA or CCFA website Covid guidelines that means actual football matches can’t go ahead. This isn’t a pop at clubs but a genuine question as to what are the new restrictions that seem to now be drastically affecting clubs playing matches since last Saturday? 

Apart from clubhouse not opening as you mention I think it is just being used as an excuse not to get games on especially at this level, Mount Gould and Marjons have both held east Cornwall league games whilst in tier two and Cornish clubs have travelled into the area.
Surely clubs would want to play games while they can as we may go into lockdown anyway fairly soon and all football end up getting stopped again.

A massive element to a Saturday afternoon is the opportunity no matter the result to relive it over a beer like a forensic slightly unhinged episode of ‘Cornish CSI’

sadly that opportunity unless a clubhouse has recently invested in a Kebab Machine or in partnership with a well known pasty manufacturer has been taken away and this Boxing Day onwards it will be for the first time for Cornish Clubs the sobering reality it’s ‘pitch up’ - ‘play’ - ‘go home’ which is frankly rubbish however necessary if we have any chance of completing the league fixtures!

local football sadly needs to adapt and I would seriously question if a club can’t play because their clubhouse is not open a) how much are they taking and b) how much are they paying out to cause a cancellation because clearly that’s not sustainable!!!!! 🤔😳  

I don’t know if any club has considered NOT serving alcohol in it’s clubhouse. The food element applies only to alcohol sales. So, as far as I know, you can sit at your tables and consume soft drinks / hot drinks at your leisure. Yes, for some that would be a letdown but maybe worth a try?

What are the Covid protocols for Combination League,  if a Boxing Day game was postponed for Covid issues relating to one team would their next match (02/01/2021) be within the isolation period? Would players who showed symptoms need a negative test to allow participation?  

10 hours ago, Clubman said:

What are the Covid protocols for Combination League,  if a Boxing Day game was postponed for Covid issues relating to one team would their next match (02/01/2021) be within the isolation period? Would players who showed symptoms need a negative test to allow participation?  

Would totally depend on the start of symptoms/contact with positive case I would imagine. Although all combination football has now gone anyway.