Falmouth Town                 P-P         Wendron United

Launceston                         P-P         Callington Town

Newquay                            4-0          Godolphin Atlantic

Penzance                            1-1          Mousehole

Porthleven                         P-P         Helston

Saltash United                   5-1          Liskeard Athletic

St Austell                             P-P         St Blazey

St Dennis                             P-P         Sticker

Watched the local derby at mt wise which Newquay dominated from start to finish vs Godolphin  Newquay went 2-0 up both from iffy .decisons but i thought the G player was too weak in his tackle on Jack Bray EVANS who went on to score if the G player had been fouled he should of gone to ground ,the 2nd goal the linesman should of called the ball out of play because it clearly was but he said it had not and waved play on which Newquay scored from .If it wasnt for the G goalie Dale England it would of been a hammering .  Newquay where really good even Jack Bray Evans tried a spectacular overhead kick but ended up flat on his ass but it looked good if it had come off .The 2nd half continued with Newquay in total command and when you got subs of the calibre of Cam TURNER ,Dan Carne and Callum McConie to come on you cant compete with that .Good crowd up there but no programmes which was dissapointing . This was a really good display from Newquay but the G where poor and got knocked off the ball so easy they didnt look like scoring the whole match .4-0 The final score could of been  a lot more an dmy mom goes to the G goalie Dale England and for Newquay i could pick anyone they where all so good but im going for Ross Fallens a fine display from the captain . Well Done Newquay hard luck the G onto Mondays match vs Launceston need some experianced players in there its going to be a long season but i dont think The G will go down because i think Mr Covid will have  a say before the end of the season 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Boxing Day - Saturday, 26 December 2019
34 minutes ago, Joe Slovo said:

And THAT amazing mazey run by Lewis Goldsworthy in the second half,beating what seemed like every Mousehole player on the pitch,twice,his final pass just offside. Was reminiscent of the great midfielder  Terry Williams (watching today) in the 70s.

Is Lewis related to Mark Goldsworthy ?

Went along to mountwise this afternoon.... What an absolute shambles the G are awful side at the moment no fight no quality and little effort. Remember a few years ago they were very handy never ever liked playing against them or seeing them play st austell 

Newquay head and shoulders above their neighbours, good crowd today at Newquay although the pitch was in a poor state and was absolutely freezing 

Can the G get relegated this season? 

Footballover442 today at Mt wise today you saw the old Godolphin team wearing red and White ,the G had to rebuild from scratch and they are just too young a team to compete at the moment but they will get there just need some more experiance players there to help out .I thought they where really poor today and did not threaten teh Newquay goal for the whole match but that is a very good Newquay side there class players like Harry Downing and Jack Bray Evans should be playing at  a higher level the are just too good forthis league .Hope The G CAN hold on to there goalie because im sure a bigger club will snap him up before long he was outstanding todayjust a pity the defence where not up to it .Poor Display from the G hope to see better on Monday vs Launceston

3 hours ago, Joe Slovo said:

And THAT amazing mazey run by Lewis Goldsworthy in the second half,beating what seemed like every Mousehole player on the pitch,twice,his final pass just offside. Was reminiscent of the great midfielder  Terry Williams (watching today) in the 70s.

Is that Lewis Goldsworthy that plays professionally for Somerset Cricket Club?

7 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Watched the local derby at mt wise which Newquay dominated from start to finish vs Godolphin  Newquay went 2-0 up both from iffy .decisons but i thought the G player was too weak in his tackle on Jack Bray EVANS who went on to score if the G player had been fouled he should of gone to ground ,the 2nd goal the linesman should of called the ball out of play because it clearly was but he said it had not and waved play on which Newquay scored from .If it wasnt for the G goalie Dale England it would of been a hammering .  Newquay where really good even Jack Bray Evans tried a spectacular overhead kick but ended up flat on his ass but it looked good if it had come off .The 2nd half continued with Newquay in total command and when you got subs of the calibre of Cam TURNER ,Dan Carne and Callum McConie to come on you cant compete with that .Good crowd up there but no programmes which was dissapointing . This was a really good display from Newquay but the G where poor and got knocked off the ball so easy they didnt look like scoring the whole match .4-0 The final score could of been  a lot more an dmy mom goes to the G goalie Dale England and for Newquay i could pick anyone they where all so good but im going for Ross Fallens a fine display from the captain . Well Done Newquay hard luck the G onto Mondays match vs Launceston need some experianced players in there its going to be a long season but i dont think The G will go down because i think Mr Covid will have  a say before the end of the season 

Yeah, sorry about not having a programme. Unfortunately, time did not allow due to working and a schoolboy error with saving, which meant no programme. 

12 hours ago, Richard Chown said:

Is that Lewis Goldsworthy that plays professionally for Somerset Cricket Club?

Not the Goldsworthy we expected to see grabbing the headlines on Boxing Day.

Excellent point for Penzance, a club I have a soft spot for (one of the great old Cornish grounds, and also one of the best away trips).

12 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Saw the Newquay game, credit to the club, everything was Covid safe, supporters asked to distance & one gentleman reminded of the rules. Well done Newquay very well run, with Safety protocol carried out well. 

Well that's somewhat unnerving.... 

I applaud you Leeds, but I need a staff drink now. 

I was also at Mountwise on boxing day, agree the G keeper kept the score down but a lot of Newquay’s pressure came from his poor kicking, G are so inexperienced and its not an ideal league to be in when your trying to rebuild, hope they can build in time to stay up. Newquay looked tidy with and without the ball