Cornwall Football Forum

And so it continues.

3 hours ago, silly billy said:

Really? Would never of guessed if you hadn't been harping on about it.

Manager takes responsibility.... End of. 

4 different episodes... In a smany months. Now the local MP has be contacted regarding last weekends antics, these guys are killing the good name of St blazey football club. It's not like they are challenging for anything in the league either, 5th from bottom, the club have to do the correct thing. You can see that with the response on here, hearing different clubs supporters boycotting fixtures at Blazey if things don't change, which in turn will effect the revenue at the football club. 

This is a Killer disease guys, innocent people having their lives taken, NHS being stretched to the limit, you showed no respect, you broke the law. Criminals. 

On 25/12/2020 at 20:46, Outsider said:

Why is this bringing the game into disrepute?  The players were not representing St. Blazey Football club at the time.  I wonder how many other players were doing similar but not found out.

o

Really? If you watch the video the individual in the photo and the video claims to be part of St Blazey Football Club Management and takes all responsibility for the actions. 

I dont see any other club in Cornwall renting out a AirBNB for a Xmas piss up against the law and waking up national treasure Les Dennis on a weekend. There was more snow in that appartment then what came down on Xmas Day.

The reality is St Blazey Football Club chairman and committee haven't got the balls to take any action.  They are prob facing a £5k fine like was given to a similar west midland club by the FA but they fear not being able to put a team out.

14 hours ago, We Two said:

As we understand it, because we are about to enter tier 2, the league have offered the option to clubs to decline playing to avoid the potential transmission of Covid.
Bearing in mind the higher transmission rate of the latest Covid virus, cancellation by clubs to protect their volunteers is the correct and commendable thing to do.

He says prior!! 

12 hours ago, leedsunited said:

It's not like they are challenging for anything in the league either, 5th from bottom,

Maybe you forgot to mention it Leeds, but St Blazey have only played 8 games which is 9 games less than Sticker and St Dennis, 8 less than Newquay, and 7 games less than Bodmin.
If for instance St Blazey won their games in hand, ( and never write off the seemingly impossible ) they would be seven points ahead of Bodmin and near the top of the league.
As a matter of interest do you think that means that Bodmin are no longer challenging for anything?
Cherry picking current facts and ignoring future possibilities do nothing to promote an opinion that has offered its fair share of downbeat St Blazey & Newquay opinions in the past.
We have no allegiance to either St Blazey or Newquay, but if we post a comment we try to offer a considered and accurate opinion of a situation, and not promote a repetitive opinion of  particular fortunes or misfortunes.
We may pop along to see Newquay v Godolphin 12 noon K.O. and then the the St Dennis v Sticker match this afternoon 2pm K.O. which will put them 10 games played ahead of St Blazey, .

The committee have turned a blind eye the last 2/3 incidents, (the supporters terrifying women & children at Falmouth upset many)

But this has made national news, the people involved have been filmed, they have broke the law, endangered lives, & dragged the club even further in the mud. 

I have said before about the tail wagging the dog, but this is indefensible, people have lost family, friends to this awful virus & these morons just parade around drunk, thinking its acceptable, disgrace. 

Supporters I have spoken with have said they wouldn't go back until action has been taken, & visiting supporters alike. 

Someone would take the resigns, it's St Blazey football club, there would be takers for the job, they need to   get back some credit the club have lost in recent months. 

120 years building a well respected football club in the Southwest, has gone down the drain in 4 months.

Problem is- if the management go, that could lead to another mass exodus from a Cornish team. I'm not making excuses but just looking from the outside in.

The league don't want that to happen so have probably passed the matter to the CCFA to deal with. But if the CCFA want the club to deal with it and St Blazey dont see a problem then its stalemate. Then it turns into who blinks first.

I would expect the games v St Austell and St Dennis will be awarded to those clubs without them being rearranged. It may be that St Blazey will be deducted 6 points but I don't know the rules if that can happen?

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

The committee have turned a blind eye the last 2/3 incidents, (the supporters terrifying women & children at Falmouth upset many)

But this has made national news, the people involved have been filmed, they have broke the law, endangered lives, & dragged the club even further in the mud. 

I have said before about the tail wagging the dog, but this is indefensible, people have lost family, friends to this awful virus & these morons just parade around drunk, thinking its acceptable, disgrace. 

Supporters I have spoken with have said they wouldn't go back until action has been taken, & visiting supporters alike. 

Someone would take the resigns, it's St Blazey football club, there would be takers for the job, they need to   get back some credit the club have lost in recent months. 

120 years building a well respected football club in the Southwest, has gone down the drain in 4 months.

You're getting awful repetitive on this Leeds...have a break and wait to see what happens. 

1 hour ago, We Two said:

You don't think that Leeds continuous and vociferous condemnation of the St Blazey set up means that he is angling to make a take over bid do you ? He does do a lot of phishing !! 😜

Just know 2 people who died from Covid who didn't really need to die. 

1 hour ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Problem is- if the management go, that could lead to another mass exodus from a Cornish team. I'm not making excuses but just looking from the outside in.

The league don't want that to happen so have probably passed the matter to the CCFA to deal with. But if the CCFA want the club to deal with it and St Blazey dont see a problem then its stalemate. Then it turns into who blinks first.

I would expect the games v St Austell and St Dennis will be awarded to those clubs without them being rearranged. It may be that St Blazey will be deducted 6 points but I don't know the rules if that can happen?

New managers bring new players, would the club want these players associated with the club anyway after what happened.

They'd be interest I'm sure, it's St. Blazey Football Club. 

7 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

There are a number of different investigations which could take place; Police, Council, FA, CCFA and SWPL. It will get sorted eventually but any action taken by the League will be last in the hierarchical queue!

10 hours ago, baldy said:

Even the FA are above the law .. ask John Terry.

If you "sign up" to play football, as with any other organisation, you accept the "terms & conditions"! The FA governance rules are certainly wide-ranging and have been introduced/developed over the years as a result of the behaviours of participants. Not always great when you're on the receiving end!

It was obviously very wrong what these lads did... There's no getting away from that. 

I can also see why St blazey as a club might not want these lads representing them in the future and that would be their choice (although it seems like they are being put under pressure to come to that decision). 

BUT what I don't understand is how this can ever be judged as a league/fa matter (other than for failure to complete the 2 games over Xmas) 

They aren't contracted, weren't in official team wear.... So how they can officially be seen as blazey players I don't know. 

Would the fa or league get involved if a player/players were involved in any kind of misdemeanour elsewhere... No.. They aren't the police. 

Their are a lot of keyboard warriors out there acting as judge and jury. 

Please do not take this wrong... I am not defending their actions.. AWAY from football

2 hours ago, Footy follower said:

It was obviously very wrong what these lads did... There's no getting away from that. 

I can also see why St blazey as a club might not want these lads representing them in the future and that would be their choice (although it seems like they are being put under pressure to come to that decision). 

BUT what I don't understand is how this can ever be judged as a league/fa matter (other than for failure to complete the 2 games over Xmas) 

They aren't contracted, weren't in official team wear.... So how they can officially be seen as blazey players I don't know. 

Would the fa or league get involved if a player/players were involved in any kind of misdemeanour elsewhere... No.. They aren't the police. 

Their are a lot of keyboard warriors out there acting as judge and jury. 

Please do not take this wrong... I am not defending their actions.. AWAY from football

That's what I thought but apparently as soon as they mentioned football and St Blazey that then brings the game into disrepute 

5 hours ago, John Mead said:

If you "sign up" to play football, as with any other organisation, you accept the "terms & conditions"! The FA governance rules are certainly wide-ranging and have been introduced/developed over the years as a result of the behaviours of participants. Not always great when you're on the receiving end!

The only people that can deal with a person or crime off the field of play is the police. It is nothing to do with the fa or swpl, they have no legal powers and it is certainly nothing to do with them what a person does when not playing football. No doubt they would love to have the power though!

7 minutes ago, St Darren said:

That's what I thought but apparently as soon as they mentioned football and St Blazey that then brings the game into disrepute 

Management should take full responsibility. 

I can't for the life of me of seen this happening under the watch of Dave Wadd, Dave Ball, Ray Nicholls, Trevor Mewton, Alan Carey, Phil Lafferty, Gilby, etc.. 

Guys who demand respect, & guys that create proffesional environments. 

This wasn't an 'altercation' like Spectator incident at Liskeard, or the Smoke grenade at family's at Falmouth, or the distress caused in the grandstand 4 weeks ago against Saltash..  This was endangering lives, a criminal offence, that carry a hefty fine. Can you imagine how many people Les Dennis & his wife must know, & have connections with, its been on the cards for a while & have always had an excuse or people sticking up for them, but this is inexcusable. 

If Les Dennis Mrs wasnt there with her smart phone filming no one would of known any different but as usual its gone way over the top as you can tell by the amount of posts on here ,I wonder who sold the story to the TheSun and Daily Star and other tabloids .Shaun Vincent saying he was 1 half of the management was honest and the 2 main players didnt look like they swore or anything at this women who was trying to get  noticed . The BlaZey lads where just having a night out it happens all the time its just got noticed more because of Covid restrictions . That women had to film them didnt she im Les Dennis Mrs no im not Amanda Holden .Time to start on a new subject  .

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

If Les Dennis Mrs wasnt there with her smart phone filming no one would of known any different but as usual its gone way over the top as you can tell by the amount of posts on here ,I wonder who sold the story to the TheSun and Daily Star and other tabloids .Shaun Vincent saying he was 1 half of the management was honest and the 2 main players didnt look like they swore or anything at this women who was trying to get  noticed . The BlaZey lads where just having a night out it happens all the time its just got noticed more because of Covid restrictions . That women had to film them didnt she im Les Dennis Mrs no im not Amanda Holden .Time to start on a new subject  .

Ah well according to you it's ok to break the law in fact many laws,if you shoplift an not get caught nobody knows, what a silly post.

1 minute ago, hoppit said:

Ah well according to you it's ok to break the law in fact many laws,if you shoplift an not get caught nobody knows, what a silly post.

Sorry ,what I meant was if you shoplift and somebody sees you,you get caught,if nobody sees you you don't get caught but you've still committed a crime, luck of the draw.

Everybody has different views on it, I’ve made my disgust known - but it’s probably attracted more comments because of the lack of any other local football being on. For those who think it has nothing to do with the FA or League - I would just remind them that two games were cancelled because of this - not a player catching the virus in their normal routine but a deliberate act - surely they should forfeit the games - then St Blazey committee can look at what (if any) internal action they feel meets the circumstances of their club being dragged ‘through the mill’ - they are the only ones whose view really count on this. 

Im off to get cold and soaked watching St Austell v St Dennis - can’t put up with any more food / drink and crap telly. 

to Be honest it’s all finished now. 

The management run the show at the club.  the committee are Scared of doing anything and losing the team who would all walk if the Managers go. Paul knows this which is why he has been silent on the subject 

The management  have said they are not stepping down in a statement so that it’s it . The players don’t believe they have done anything  wrong and st blazey have been silent as they just want it to go away and keep the squad together 

it probably be all forgotten about after we are all locked down agin soon anyway 

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

st blazey have been silent as they just want it to go away and keep the squad together 

We believe that if it is a police matter and there is a chance that criminal charges may be made against individuals, then St Blazey officials have rightly decided to not comment on the event.
It may also be prudent for those whose comments on this forum have suggested that they are aware of what happened, and know the individuals involved, to consider how to explain their position of knowledge if called upon to do so by the judiciary.
In the meantime it's time to give the subject a well earned rest and let the respective authorities involved make their judgements based on the evidence that is presented to them.

52 minutes ago, We Two said:

We believe that if it is a police matter and there is a chance that criminal charges may be made against individuals, then St Blazey officials have rightly decided to not comment on the event.
It may also be prudent for those whose comments on this forum have suggested that they are aware of what happened, and know the individuals involved, to consider how to explain their position of knowledge if called upon to do so by the judiciary.
In the meantime it's time to give the subject a well earned rest and let the respective authorities involved make their judgements based on the evidence that is presented to them.

Which shouldn't take to long to make a judgement if they take in the Video circulating, or witness accounts from the scene. 

With the FA, CCFA, local Constabulary, & local MP all repordidly in the know of the events that have taken place ( in recent months also ) I think the judgements could be made up by my 6 year old granddaughter. 😳 ( who we haven't seen this Christmas as we follow the Covid restrictions to protect ourselves & others ). 

On 28/12/2020 at 09:51, silly billy said:

What I don't get is, if they all play in the same team with no masks or social distancing, what does it matter if they all stayed in the same room. No difference. I understand the noise created from said room may of been a problem.  Lol

Because its against the Covid rules,surely you can understand that its not rocket science

On 28/12/2020 at 10:11, 100%cornish said:

What a load of tripe

I reckon if they get a fine we should all contribute to a go fund me page to help out . Let’s face it , we are all happy to go and congregate at matches to watch these same players who have travelled together, got changed together, played in close proximity to their own and opposition players, shower together ( and we know what goes on in the showers 🤔🤣) . Just gutted they wasn’t invited I suppose 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Tribute said:

I reckon if they get a fine we should all contribute to a go fund me page to help out . Let’s face it , we are all happy to go and congregate at matches to watch these same players who have travelled together, got changed together, played in close proximity to their own and opposition players, shower together ( and we know what goes on in the showers 🤔🤣) . Just gutted they wasn’t invited I suppose 🤷‍♂️

Hopefully u r joking, if u aren't u r a clown

On 28/12/2020 at 10:11, 100%cornish said:

They broke the law it's not just a night out with the lads, this isn't the woman's fault who filmed it and called the police ! have you not seen what's happening currently around the world, if you resided there would you turn a blind eye to it all ? Probably not ! Whilst doing all that they also decided to mention they play for St Blazey as well hence this mess.

let's wait and see what happens when CCFA return in the new year but whatever they get they deserve simple as that as no sympathy for the players or management.