Cornwall Football Forum

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And there it is, the kind of ignorant thinking that perpetuates this pandemic...

Plonker...what a first post! Wouldn't happen to play for St Blazey would you?

I've read some incredibly mis informed nonsense on this forum over the years but this takes the award for the most ridiculous post ever.  Covid nothing more than a cold?? Give your head a wobble

Posted Images

From a reliable source. 

The premises found Cocaine and other substances, inside said room.

The so called Manager says at the beginning of the video, that he is sober and hasn't had a drink, so surely he should be Savvy enough, to sort that bunch out. 

Also, he states he will take full responsibility for any actions of the group. Now he seems to be back tracking. The girl who's asking them to leave checked them in, so knows that they're St Blazey football club, as she repeatedly mentions, them being footballers.

Sadly they've tarnished The clubs name for a few beers, drugs and a bit of fanny.

Fairly abhorrent what we have seen hit our social media pages, but the reaction of some of the playing squad online and in among their peers is of no remorse and as per usual, the adopted 'thug' mentality. Zero respect and a reprehensible attitude. Such a lack of responsibility and humility, yet they collect handsome wages for being drunken, solvent abusing louts.

No doubt this message will find more of the same 'retort' that those poor women had to endure. 

A real blight on Cornish football.

The players and management involved are a disgrace to St Blazey FC and the SWPL. They think they are better than they are which has inflated their ego's so they think anything goes. If no fines or suspensions are given out by the CFA or FA then the players should offer to donate their hefty expenses to a local charity for the remainder of the season! 

Hopefully the league keep a cool head and look at the solid evidence not rumours or a dodgy screenshot that anyone could of made.pro footballers made the same mistake and got a two game ban so it will be interesting to see what they do.

At the end of the day we have all been scared into thinking covid is worse than it is,I could lay on stats and figures to show its nothing more than a cold.

Alot of people sticking the boot into blazey,one minute people cry about mental health then when some young lads try and let off some steam they are crucified.

27 minutes ago, Cornishram said:

At the end of the day we have all been scared into thinking covid is worse than it is,I could lay on stats and figures to show its nothing more than a cold.

And there it is, the kind of ignorant thinking that perpetuates this pandemic...

56 minutes ago, Cornishram said:

Hopefully the league keep a cool head and look at the solid evidence not rumours or a dodgy screenshot that anyone could of made.pro footballers made the same mistake and got a two game ban so it will be interesting to see what they do.

Alot of people sticking the boot into blazey,one minute people cry about mental health then when some young lads try and let off some steam they are crucified.

Plonker...what a first post!

Wouldn't happen to play for St Blazey would you?

1 hour ago, Cornishram said:

I've read some incredibly mis informed nonsense on this forum over the years but this takes the award for the most ridiculous post ever. 

Covid nothing more than a cold?? Give your head a wobble lad. 

People don't have to go out and get smashed out of their head to let off steam. In fact doing that is probably far worse for their mental health.  

Stop making excuses for astoundingly bad behaviour. 

1 hour ago, Cornishram said:

No wonder that Derbyshire has been in the higher tiers all along and has amongst the highest number of arrests and fines for coronavirus offences if you’re representative of the locals up there!

Most social media don’t allow Covid deniers and peddlers of fake news.

You are truly pathetic!

14 minutes ago, Cornishram said:

The facts are they broke covid rules set by the government,celtic were in the same position start of the season and the only thing that happened was the games got suspended.

I hope the league don't listen to cyber warriors spreading rumours.

Hardly a rumour when you can see it.

No-one attacking Blazey, just the morons on the video letting the club down. 

And I hope the country don't listen to you with your cyber warrior   "just a cold" theory.

Plonker.

4 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

And I hope the country don't listen to you with your cyber warrior   "just a cold" theory.

Plonker.

I'm not getting abusive to anyone,if I did I would rather say it to your face.

The only thing that's factual is they met up and broke covid rules (exactly what celtic players did) I've seen people say the club needs to be kicked out of the league,laughable.

when people are spreading rumours and making up stuff that went on it that room its bang out of order. im sure there's a legal term for that.

20 minutes ago, Cornishram said:

I'm not getting abusive to anyone,if I did I would rather say it to your face.

The only thing that's factual is they met up and broke covid rules (exactly what celtic players did) I've seen people say the club needs to be kicked out of the league,laughable.

when people are spreading rumours and making up stuff that went on it that room its bang out of order. im sure there's a legal term for that.

Why do you keep referring to what Celtic players did? Two wrongs dont make a right. 

16 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

A bunch of blokes go out on the beer and not associated with the club at that time and mis-behave is nothing to do with the club...

This in a nutshell. I do hope that whatever action taken is appropriate and measured against relevant parties. As I understand it, the committee knew nothing about this and had no involvement. I hope that whatever action is taken is levelled against those who actively participated in these events and not against the club itself.

10 minutes ago, VoiceofReason said:

Why do you keep referring to what Celtic players did? Two wrongs dont make a right. 

"I've seen people say the club needs to be kicked out of the league" 

I agree some of the players need to be punished but so many people are going overboard with it.the club knew nothing about it so why punish them.most of these players will be at a different club in a few months anyway but the loyal hardworking committee will still be there.

1 minute ago, Cornishram said:

"I've seen people say the club needs to be kicked out of the league" 

I agree some of the players need to be punished but so many people are going overboard with it.the club knew nothing about it so why punish them.most of these players will be at a different club in a few months anyway but the loyal hardworking committee will still be there.

I agree with what you say here. The club and committee should not be punished for actions of individuals who until recent years probably didn't even know where St Blazey is on a map.  Would a swimming club, for example, be punished if their members did the same? 

Up until your most recent post you have been defending those involved and massively down playing the impact Covid has had on the world this year. 

The writing was on the wall, the managers and this group of players have been at St. Blazey for a while and an unfortunate reputation has followed them.
If the participants of Saturdays performance are punished as they should be, the club and its supporters will be penalised by having to find a new squad with little to build around (not easy mid season). That I feel will be punishment enough! 

3 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Plonker.

But you think most people are plonkers!

1 hour ago, Xanie25 said:

Very awkward for Paul when your son is one of the players at this gathering. It is a shame that this shines a bad light on a great league 

I think that Paul will be quite surprised to hear that his son is one of the reported players, bearing in mind that he is the father of two daughters and has no son.

This nonsense needs to be moderated please.

24 minutes ago, SteveM said:

I think that Paul will be quite surprised to hear that his son is one of the reported players, bearing in mind that he is the father of two daughters and has no son.

This nonsense needs to be moderated please.

I’m sure you speak from a position of authority but as the old saying goes ..

”It’s a wise child who knows his own father” lol

These players stated they were from the club a matter which the club itself knew nothing about - but their manager identified himself as such - so no it shouldn’t affect the club. However, and it is a big however, the club do seriously need to consider who they want representing them - it looked like the whole squad (they posted a team picture?!?!).

These individuals broke the rules we have all had to abide by - so punish them, correct course of action. But due to their behaviour two games had to be cancelled - not through innocently catching the virus but as a direct consequence of their deliberate breaching of the law. 
The games should not be postponed to accommodate idiots, forfeit them, award the points and the club take internal positive action (simple). Good idea about the reserves, but as the players concerned have not been formally identified - who would know if they were involved - (and I wouldn’t put anything past the manager, having heard his WhatsApp post to the team). 

This management team have really let the club down, the supporters down, the community down.

Surely they won't be welcome at any swpl ground from now on. 

This is the 4th/5th incident now in recent months where the club have made to look a pub set-up.

But here's always been a way of defending persons, however this is inexcusable, this is playing with people's lives. 

With all the deaths this deadly infection has caused, how could they let this happen. 

I feel for Paul & supporters who have been so let down here, previous incidents were severe enough, but this is a Criminal offence, beyond   defence, its National News. 

Let's hope for the sake of supporters, committee, community, & the opposition clubs in the Swpl the correct outcome is found. 

Do the correct thing Paul. 

These where a group of players out enjoying themselves and got caught out by a women with a smart phone who decided to film them and the no doubt then sold her story to the papers its St Blazey not Bloody Man UTD but the St Blazey haters love this 77 post how crazy is that .Just let the people who lay down the rules, Punish these naughty boys on the naughty step . Good job they havnt still got capital punishment Leeds and a few others would have them all by the noose at Blaise Park . They broke the rules and should of known better but if this women didnt want her 3 minutes of fame by filming the poor buggers no  one would of been any wiser . Dont think they will get any awards for there acting skills on the tv stick to football your not bad at that .Ok everyone have a good day tmmrw i  will be doing voluntary better than being in on my own ,got the big match on Boxing Day to look forward to the Local derby to beat all other local derbies .Prepare for Battle between Old Godolphin sorry Newquay VS The New Godolphin 

9 hours ago, Cornishram said:

You sir are a clown 

9 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

These where a group of players out enjoying themselves and got caught out by a women with a smart phone who decided to film them and the no doubt then sold her story to the papers its St Blazey not Bloody Man UTD but the St Blazey haters love this 77 post how crazy is that .Just let the people who lay down the rules, Punish these naughty boys on the naughty step . Good job they havnt still got capital punishment Leeds and a few others would have them all by the noose at Blaise Park . They broke the rules and should of known better but if this women didnt want her 3 minutes of fame by filming the poor buggers no  one would of been any wiser . Dont think they will get any awards for there acting skills on the tv stick to football your not bad at that .Ok everyone have a good day tmmrw i  will be doing voluntary better than being in on my own ,got the big match on Boxing Day to look forward to the Local derby to beat all other local derbies .Prepare for Battle between Old Godolphin sorry Newquay VS The New Godolphin 

100% - have as good a day as you can, I know it’s not been a good year, but I’m sure we will all have a toast to remember those we are missing - it’s not been a great year for our small football group. Shame your game is at 12 otherwise you and Smokie could have popped up to the Camels game, where you both would have been spoiled. 

14 minutes ago, herbie777 said:

Very ironic that the clown who ran on to the pitch at Liskeard last season attempting to attack a player from the opossing team is all over Facebook trying to play down what happened, not sure if his son was involved or not

Play down!? The video footage doesn't lie... 

Some very disappointing views on here from people who see fit to try and defend the indefendsible .
Whatever your point of view on the matter, the fact remains that a group of people who knew better, ( unless they have resided on another planet of late ) decided that they were above the current law of the land, and could and would do as they saw fit.
They were rightly caught out by a lady who in the early hours of the morning was that exasperated by their unreasonable behaviour that she had the courage to confront them, and record her experience on camera.
Which football club they play for is irrelevant as far as the law of the land is concerned, and they should be dealt with according to the legislation currently in place relating to Covid 19.
St Blazey who apparantly knew nothing of the gathering will have to deal with the S.W.P.L.  F.A. and C.C.F.A. officials who will apply whatever sanctions they see fit to invoke according to their rules once they have heard any representations from the club.
It appears that the players voluntarily identified themselves as St Blazey footballers which automatically involved the club.
Whilst a certain amount of sympathy toward St Blazey may be acceptable to some, we hope that those who were prepared to flout the law, and potentially put peoples lives at risk, will accept the consequences of their exploits.
A £10,000 fine is a possibility for the organiser of the gathering.

20 minutes ago, We Two said:

Whilst a certain amount of sympathy toward St Blazey may be acceptable to some, we hope that those who were prepared to flout the law, and potentially put peoples lives at risk, will accept the consequences of their exploits.
A £10,000 fine is a possibility for the organiser of the gathering.

Well the one who said he was one of the managers said he would accept full responsibility (not that he could). Must be a rich man.

Having watched this whole situation unfold and having seen the footage and WhatsApp message from what sounds like the St Blazey manager, at the very least I would be surprised if any of the management could survive this situation. Everyone involved should be ashamed of their actions. I’m sure that we’ve all been affected by Covid in different ways. I have no idea what these players/managers do for a living, but they could easily spread this deadly virus because of their actions. My mum suffers from COPD and if they visited her at home (delivering furniture, repairing her cooker etc) then it could potentially be fatal for her.
I feel for the good people at St Blazey who don’t deserve this bad press, they are volunteers after all. They can’t win either way - sack the management and the players, meaning they either pull out of the league or more than likely they get beaten 10-0 every week, or they hold their ground and get chastised by everyone. My view would be sack everyone involved on this night out, contact @Lafs and ask for his help to get to the end of the season and then re-group and go again (if Lafs doesn’t want to stay on!).

Some people on this thread are just interested in sticking the boot in and others (Only 1 person really) are trying to defend the indefensible.

My dad played for St Blazey about 60 years ago and they are a good club, who don’t deserve their name to be dragged through the mud.

16 minutes ago, baldy said:

Lafs won’t do it but Hoops might be at a loose end.

Seriously, would anyone want to step into that s*** storm?

Would take a brave person that's for sure, but with a great infrastructure behind the scenes they would have a headstart on many clubs. 

Nowadays most managers bring in their own personnel anyway. 

I'm hearing this evening some people are even writing to the local MP to express their anger with certain individuals within the football club. 

Get rid & go again. I think keeping the good name of St Blazey Football Club is the most important thing here, we are talking a club with 120 years of history, that has to be the priority, & to keep that there can only be one possible outcome to move forward. 

40 minutes ago, hoppit said:

Unless the players are under contract can't see the club has any case to answer other than the cancellations.

If indeed they were responding to a players claim to having, or being in contact with, coronavirus then the Club had no option but to postpone the games.
However there is still the issue of a lack of discipline from the squad and their mates over many months which doesn’t seem to have been addressed.

3 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

If indeed they were responding to a players claim to having, or being in contact with, coronavirus then the Club had no option but to postpone the games.
However there is still the issue of a lack of discipline from the squad and their mates over many months which doesn’t seem to have been addressed.

4 incidents in 6 months tells its own story... The clubs good reputation amongst the Southwest football scene has been ruined 

26 minutes ago, Outsider said:

Why are there no investigations going on about these games being called off, and if any of the players involved broke any Covid rules?

As we understand it, because we are about to enter tier 2, the league have offered the option to clubs to decline playing to avoid the potential transmission of Covid.
Bearing in mind the higher transmission rate of the latest Covid virus, cancellation by clubs to protect their volunteers is the correct and commendable thing to do.