Cornwall Football Forum

And so it continues.

Exactly what St Blazey didn't need after only 8 league fixtures played going into 2021.

Inevitable winter floods, COVID-19 restrictions and floodlight failures. It'll probably be March before they can play again, then try to cram 30 league games into 60 days.

What a disaster!

12 hours ago, We Two said:

On some media and social outlets it's reported that the St Blazey cacellations are Covid related in the St Blazey club, not weather.

To be honest here guys, St. Blazey had those individuals drinking, shouting, upsetting old women in the grandstand 2 weeks ago against Saltash... Witnessed by some folk on here. They were also drinking in the bar at half time, all the 'lads' from Plymouth, now Covid reported within the club ( what did they really expect!!?) committee need to grow some & deal with the root of the issues these 'individuals' have caused the club in the last 6 months ... 

A deadly virus savaging the Country,  killing many many innocent people along the way, but they let people from across the border in, drink in the bar, then upset the regulars 

Tail wagging the dog 

I will add that when I started this post, I had no idea of the possible underlying story. I heard the rumours yesterday and, if true, it doesn’t sound good. I doubt if the club or the CFA will comment.

Statement from the SWPL ..

Short Statement

“The league board are aware of accusations concerning the reasons for postponement of two St Blazey games over the Xmas period.

We are aware of a @cornwallfa investigation and will await that to conclude before making any decisions on league games.”

and it continues

“In the meantime those setting up parody accounts or making spurious social media postings are asked to- Grow UP

It's not Big, it's not clever and frankly its embarrassing the good name of the league, the County and the clubs

Life in a pandemic is precious, twaddle is not!”

I believe you have done the right thing David as this is a discussion people should have I personally have watched the video as have I’m sure St Blazey hierarchy. 
Perhaps they could tell everyone why at this nightmare moment in time aside of Truro City they represent the highest league in Cornwall , there players etc are behaving in such a distasteful way.

Have seen the film on social media. Don't want to comment on this, but I am sure that the Cornwall FA, and possibly Devon & Cornwall Police, will also be looking quite closely at it. 

I do though feel sorry for Paul and the rest of the hardworking and decent people at Blaise Park , they no doubt feel very disappointed and upset by the position they have been put in.

13 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

I still don’t know! Haven’t seen the video, don’t know where to find it! Can somebody please explain what’s going on or tell me where I can find out (am shielding so can’t drive down to the clubhouse and ask around). You could message me if you don’t want to go public!

My take (guess) would be a few players have feigned virus symptoms to go to a pantomime with Les Dennis in it.

Petticoat power rules.

Many thanks, I have seen the video and am amazed that after four days they are still St. Blazey players/manager. I feel desperately sorry for Paul who is a relative newcomer to the committee, but the rest of the management, on and off the pitch should be considering their position. It’s not like there hasn’t been clear evidence of wrongdoing time and time again. As I said above; this is what happens when you import (almost) your entire team from across the Tamar. No loyalty from managers, players or hangers on (posing as “fans”)!

29 minutes ago, St Darren said:

Not sure what this has got to do with the Cornwall FA or the league though. 

Bringing the game into disrepute in so many ways St Darren. The players that allegedly lied about their COVID status, the complicity of the manager and other players, the list goes on....

Why on earth did they identify themselves as footballers and their team, are they stupid or something?

Don’t bother to answer that!

2 hours ago, baldy said:

I will add that when I started this post, I had no idea of the possible underlying story. I heard the rumours yesterday and, if true, it doesn’t sound good. I doubt if the club or the CFA will comment.

Statement from the SWPL ..

Short Statement

“The league board are aware of accusations concerning the reasons for postponement of two St Blazey games over the Xmas period.

We are aware of a @cornwallfa investigation and will await that to conclude before making any decisions on league games.”

and it continues

“In the meantime those setting up parody accounts or making spurious social media postings are asked to- Grow UP

It's not Big, it's not clever and frankly its embarrassing the good name of the league, the County and the clubs

Life in a pandemic is precious, twaddle is not!”

Good name of the league and county fa, that is a joke!

16 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Best not to ask really! Visit social media areas should you wish to find out more.

I don’t feel this forum is the place to bother with it.

Should anyone try and post any comments, footage etc, the posts will be removed.

Thanks 

I thought this was a forum!

21 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Many thanks, I have seen the video and am amazed that after four days they are still St. Blazey players/manager. I feel desperately sorry for Paul who is a relative newcomer to the committee, but the rest of the management, on and off the pitch should be considering their position. It’s not like there hasn’t been clear evidence of wrongdoing time and time again. As I said above; this is what happens when you import (almost) your entire team from across the Tamar. No loyalty from managers, players or hangers on (posing as “fans”)!

Bringing the game into disrepute in so many ways St Darren. The players that allegedly lied about their COVID status, the complicity of the manager and other players, the list goes on....

Why on earth did they identify themselves as footballers and their team, are they stupid or something?

Hi. Yeah I didn't realise that as soon as mention you're from a football club you bring the FA into it. But yeah, just madness to be doing that

50 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Shut up Al...dont be a bell end all the time.

No I will not shut up.

51 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Don’t worry BIG AL - due to public pressure I’ve reopened the thread and so you can have as big a moan as you like 👍

Everyone is entitled to a moan even in the police state we are living in!

19 minutes ago, Tribute said:

Just playing devil’s advocate but do players and management share the dressing room ? If so , it’s against COVID “rules “ but is it such a big deal 

They live in A tier 2 area so rule of 6 indoors and only from same household. Loads of us would like to be out on Xmas drinks But rules are there for a reason. 

People don’t realise how fortunate Cornwall is being in Tier 1. It is keeping businesses open in the county and people employed! 

People in Cornwall have made that happen collectively by adhering to the rules.

Ultimately the video took place in Devon in Tier 2.  Simple thing to do is whoever booked the accommodation for the party is given a £10k fine by Devon and Cornwall police and those that attended given the £200 fine.

These idiots are not just putting themselves in danger but potentially their opposition and club volunteers.  

It’s no wonder the country is in the state it is because of these attitudes. Shame on them. 

7 minutes ago, Mr Justice said:

People don’t realise how fortunate Cornwall is being in Tier 1. It is keeping businesses open in the county and people employed! 

People in Cornwall have made that happen collectively by adhering to the rules.

Ultimately the video took place in Devon in Tier 2.  Simple thing to do is whoever booked the accommodation for the party is given a £10k fine by Devon and Cornwall police and those that attended given the £200 fine.

These idiots are not just putting themselves in danger but potentially their opposition and club volunteers.  

It’s no wonder the country is in the state it is because of these attitudes. Shame on them. 

Not now moved into tier 2. 

I am surprised that the Club haven’t put out a statement yet. The truth, no matter how unpalatable, has got to be better than some of the rumours going ‘round. The longer the rumours spread and escalate the harder they are to correct. No comment from the exotic dancer (whether mythical or otherwise) either💃🧞‍♀️

13 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

I am surprised that the Club haven’t put out a statement yet. The truth, no matter how unpalatable, has got to be better than some of the rumours going ‘round. The longer the rumours spread and escalate the harder they are to correct. No comment from the exotic dancer (whether mythical or otherwise) either💃🧞‍♀️

Statement from the club was released over 4hrs ago on Facebook and Twitter 

18 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

leedsunited - best advice would be for you to take your issues up direct with the club.

Or ITV news, local news, radio Cornwall, all seem to know Dave, absoulte disgrace. Management here have a lot to answer for being in control of the players & staff. 

I know someone who passed away from Covid 19, they were inocent in the wrong place at the wrong time

How much more can the committee put up with this. 

130 years of history going down the pan extremely quickly. 

Disgrace

I wasn’t going to comment as this is a police and ccfa/ league / club matter - but I have just heard the St Blakey’s managers own posting on their team group WhatsApp page - who shared it is amazing but what an absolute idiot and if St Blazey do not deal with this situation promptly it will drag the club into a situation out of their control and something they may not recover from. He was berating players for giving their real names / mentioning the club and how the premises owner was wrong and out of order. Have to say though some of the other stuff on social media / Fake Wikipedia page is hilarious - if is wasn’t so serious to us all entering Tier 2 because of idiots like this. 

2 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

I wasn’t going to comment as this is a police and ccfa/ league / club matter - but I have just heard the St Blakey’s managers own posting on their team group WhatsApp page - who shared it is amazing but what an absolute idiot and if St Blazey do not deal with this situation promptly it will drag the club into a situation out of their control and something they may not recover from. He was berating players for giving their real names / mentioning the club and how the premises owner was wrong and out of order. Have to say though some of the other stuff on social media / Fake Wikipedia page is hilarious - if is wasn’t so serious to us all entering Tier 2 because of idiots like this. 

It's a complete an utter disgrace. Why berate players for giving real names? Surely if there was an outbreak common sense says the more they can trace the Safer the public would be?? 

45 minutes ago, iand said:

Statement from the club was released over 4hrs ago on Facebook and Twitter 

Thank-you iand, Not much of a statement though, considering they’ve had four days to think about it. Certainly will do nothing to put the rumours to bed. Worryingly there seems to be some misplaced support for the culprits in the comments section as well!

They should have dumped the miscreants days ago along with their policy of being a Devon club based in mid-Cornwall. Whatever they might achieve on the pitch will always be tainted (it was going that way already this has just guaranteed it). Doing the right thing will cause massive difficulties and even relegation (if the League/C.F.A. don’t impose it first) but they would retain their integrity and they have risen from the ashes before, they could do it again (this time without all the imports)!

I feel so sorry for the loyal supporters and former committee members. They don’t deserve this!

PR wise it's a disaster. This isn't just going to stay in Cornwall or Devon- this party is going to hit the nationals probably tomorrow. 

When you've got St Blazey youth having to put out statements distancing themselves to protect young kids you know the club is in it. Up to the neck and sinking. 

How the hell they thought hiring a flat for a night was a good idea I don't know. But the ramifications not just from Cornish FA but English FA ain't going to be pretty, unless Blazey act and act quickly. 

Feel for Paul and the other Blazey committee but this has to be a line in the sand.

12 minutes ago, Philheybrookbay said:

PR wise it's a disaster. This isn't just going to stay in Cornwall or Devon- this party is going to hit the nationals probably tomorrow. 

When you've got St Blazey youth having to put out statements distancing themselves to protect young kids you know the club is in it. Up to the neck and sinking. 

How the hell they thought hiring a flat for a night was a good idea I don't know. But the ramifications not just from Cornish FA but English FA ain't going to be pretty, unless Blazey act and act quickly. 

Feel for Paul and the other Blazey committee but this has to be a line in the sand.

Agree with you to a point Philhaybrookbay, however, apart from the committee newcomers (including Paul) the remainder of the committee must take some of the responsibility/blame. They chose the managers, oversaw the player recruitment and watched the shenanigans over the last year home and away (players parents, Falmouth flairs, the home grandstand, and any number of more minor transgressions).

Time for action methinks!

16 minutes ago, Philheybrookbay said:

The club, committee and supporters had absolutely nothing to do with this, but will ‘carry the can’ . Paul and all those involved with the club will be devastated - as a local football fan I would always remain 100% behind them and support St Blazey - but can have nothing to do with those involved nor attend / support their continued revival without independent action - having spent a year abiding by COVID rules, having lost a close family member and having Xmas (and the year) ruined - surely a stand has to be made - not one forced by the FA but one by a hard working honest club - every other club would stand side by side with them- if they did the ‘right thing’. 

In reality the only part that St Blazey can be slightly accountable for are the cancelled games.

They would have no choice but to accept the players saying they were Covid positive, and reacted properly. 

A bunch of blokes go out on the beer and not associated with the club at that time and mis-behave is nothing to do with the club...unless they booked in as St Blazey AFC. Why would they do that?

It boils down to whether the club did in fact know ...I would not think so.

If they did that is serious,  serious trouble.

Their biggest problem is the seriously bad publicity. 

7 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

As a forum, it is expected that people air their opinions, points of view or quote from their experience.  Your view of people from Plymouth is nothing short of crass.. Take Tavistock for instance their management team and a large proportion of their squad are from Plymouth... The Toolstation league in recent correspondence stated that the club were a credit to the league... 

So stop trying to tar everyone from across the Tamar with that brush you're waving about..