Cornwall Football Forum

New date for Falmouth Vase game now agreed!

Falmouth Town now play their postponed FA Vase match at Christchurch on Sunday, 27th December.

The FA Vase has an 8 day window to play matches postponed Saturday and agreeing a new date for this one has been challenging I understand!

The knock-on effect is that it means no Christmas derby at home to Wendron on Boxing Day.

Likewise the away fixture at Mousehole on the Bank Holiday Monday is also off!

FA Vase rules!

Falmouth, surly, need to make an early decision on this game. The Vase is great but are they really going to go much further in it - just being realistic. If they lose this game they get £350 - a home fixture on Boxing Day will probably be a sell out with £1800 gate and then bar / food money - and if Mousehole were on board a split gate for their game could raise another  £500-£900 and no excessive travelling?? The Vase is virtually certain NOT to complete this year with COVID - time to think practically and withdraw or send an u18 team? - just a thought. 

7 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Falmouth, surly, need to make an early decision on this game. The Vase is great but are they really going to go much further in it - just being realistic. If they lose this game they get £350 - a home fixture on Boxing Day will probably be a sell out with £1800 gate and then bar / food money - and if Mousehole were on board a split gate for their game could raise another  £500-£900 and no excessive travelling?? The Vase is virtually certain NOT to complete this year with COVID - time to think practically and withdraw or send an u18 team? - just a thought. 

Agree with you Mr. Bobjfh regarding the Vase. Cannot see how it is going to get completed (especially when it goes national in the later stages), and the only thing it is doing at the moment is causing fixture chaos.

I love the Vase, and think it is the best FA competition of the lot (unlike the FA Cup or FA Trophy, it is the one where everybody fields their strongest sides and genuinely gives it a go), but just for this season, it should be put in storage.

50 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Falmouth Town now play their postponed FA Vase match at Christchurch on Sunday, 27th December.

The FA Vase has an 8 day window to play matches postponed Saturday and agreeing a new date for this one has been challenging I understand!

The knock-on effect is that it means no Christmas derby at home to Wendron on Boxing Day.

Likewise the away fixture at Mousehole on the Bank Holiday Monday is also off!

FA Vase rules!

Ridiculous!!

32 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

I have always considered the vase as a waste of time and money. The travelling distance is ridiculous and really there is not that amount of interest.

10 hours ago, panda said:

You might not be interested but for the likes of Millbrook this has been a great adventure regardless of the results. It is all about playing at different venues against different teams .

Panda and WofTP - I totally agree about the Vase being a great competition, my point was not to deride that, simply in this exceptional year where clubs have been under huge financial pressures and no likelihood of the Vase finishing - missing Xmas games may not make sense?