Cornwall Football Forum

FALMOUTH TOWN AND THE F-TROOP. ONE LOVE.

Just a little insight into Falmouth Town and the F-troop and how a community has come together to support and try to restore Cornwalls greatest football club back to where it belongs. This is a journey and what fun and memories we will make along the way.
IM FEELING...TOWN ALL OVER !!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1202852346434184/permalink/3782597768459616/

Isn't this self-promotion the very thing that you and your cohorts were deriding and condemning when attempted by a neighbouring club and it's manager? Glad to see that the tired-looking Bickland Park is now being brought into the 21st century - well done Milchy -  and hopefully the "greatest football club" will not refuse promotion this season if achieved. Oh, and perhaps you could show me where it says you won the FA Vase...…

I admire your enthusiasm and your support and all the good things that can be associated with Falmouth Football Club. 

2 hours ago, le boss said:

Isn't this self-promotion the very thing that you and your cohorts were deriding and condemning when attempted by a neighbouring club and it's manager? Glad to see that the tired-looking Bickland Park is now being brought into the 21st century - well done Milchy -  and hopefully the "greatest football club" will not refuse promotion this season if achieved. Oh, and perhaps you could show me where it says you won the FA Vase...…

I admire your enthusiasm and your support and all the good things that can be associated with Falmouth Football Club. 

You haven't a clue Boss. Exactly the response i expected from this forum when i posted this little video. 

5 hours ago, le boss said:

Who said we won the FA vase ?🤔

2 hours ago, mattelot said:

Who said we won the FA vase ?🤔

Not the brightest eh? He was claiming that Falmouth were the greatest club in Cornwall but achievement will beg to differ with Truro winning the Vase.

5 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

You haven't a clue Boss. Exactly the response i expected from this forum when i posted this little video. 

I have enough of a clue thank you

20 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

le boss is a helston fan.... wouldn't expect any other response to a cracking video done by their rivals whilst their own side is in disarray despite extortionate outgoings £££

1 minute ago, SCFC said:

le boss is a helston fan.... wouldn't expect any other response to a cracking video done by their rivals whilst their own side is in disarray despite extortionate outgoings £££

Wasn't questioning the standard of the very good video but if it makes you feel superior......

I say well done for this video which was put together by a student (not a Falmouth Town connected person) who made it for his university coursework, which was narrated by a Town supporter.

The student comments on facebook "I've truly never seen or experienced a fan base whilst photographing a non-league team like it!"

I thought it was rather a sad little video, and somebody needs to do a risk assessment on that raised platform, particularly where the energetic lady in the pink and blue is concerned!

I hope that the video was recorded pre-coronavirus, as the social distancing is nonexistent and singing, as we know, indoors or out, is one of the best means of spreading COVID, it’s banned even for outdoor, social distanced, religious services!

1 hour ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

I thought it was rather a sad little video, and somebody needs to do a risk assessment on that raised platform, particularly where the energetic lady in the pink and blue is concerned!

I hope that the video was recorded pre-coronavirus, as the social distancing is nonexistent and singing, as we know, indoors or out, is one of the best means of spreading COVID, it’s banned even for outdoor, social distanced, religious services!

Please get a life!

Well it’s certainly not gonna win any oscars but “SAD LITTLE VIDEO” it certainly is not.
An enjoyable and very good effort which documents the positive social history side of long term friendships that can and often does arise over years of supporting any local side. Falmouth Town take that to a higher level above other local clubs and home or away its great to be a part of that.. in twenty years time, and more, people will look back and watch the likes of these  video docs and either recall those and these good days or perhaps be wishing they were there.
As a footnote It was good to see the team photos which included former club Captain “ gentleman Joe Cooper “.. so hard to believe a player of that caliber was let go.. I was asked one day why “Gentleman Joe”  ?  Easy.... He never shirks a challenge, knocks you for six, then when dangers passed he checks you’re ok and helps you up ..Gentleman Joe...Falmouth Town legend...

4 hours ago, le boss said:

Wasn't questioning the standard of the very good video but if it makes you feel superior......

I think you need to worry about your own team le boss .Only being able to muster a 119 crowd for your vase game is shocking if not embarrassing . I know one of your supporters who's  been following them for 50 odd years but not anymore after yet more imports have been brought in . Whats happened to the lovely people that used to run the tea hut as well ?

4 hours ago, Moonraker1969 said:

Well it’s certainly not gonna win any oscars but “SAD LITTLE VIDEO” it certainly is not.
An enjoyable and very good effort which documents the positive social history side of long term friendships that can and often does arise over years of supporting any local side. Falmouth Town take that to a higher level above other local clubs and home or away its great to be a part of that.. in twenty years time, and more, people will look back and watch the likes of these  video docs and either recall those and these good days or perhaps be wishing they were there.
As a footnote It was good to see the team photos which included former club Captain “ gentleman Joe Cooper “.. so hard to believe a player of that caliber was let go.. I was asked one day why “Gentleman Joe”  ?  Easy.... He never shirks a challenge, knocks you for six, then when dangers passed he checks you’re ok and helps you up ..Gentleman Joe...Falmouth Town legend...

Theres only one Joe Cooper Moonraker1969.  And i for one would love to see big Joe return to his beloved Falmouth Town one day, stranger things have happened. This video as Dave said in a previous comment is the work of a University student called James, a great lad and is part of his degree. I have spoken to James a few times and we plan to tap into the 8,000 students that attend the University at Penryn. Our aim is to increase our attendances and help our club to progress. Covid has delayed all this but once it has been beaten our work begins. Oh and btw for Bruegels concern the video contains scenes pre-covid, not all but most. I would have thought by posting this video it would encourage other clubs to try the same and promote local grassroots football, attract more local spectators and increase clubs revenue and matchday atmosphere.  Anyway i love the video and glad you enjoyed it also. UTT

22 hours ago, le boss said:

Not the brightest eh? He was claiming that Falmouth were the greatest club in Cornwall but achievement will beg to differ with Truro winning the Vase.

I have enough of a clue thank you

Check the record books le boss !!! Yes a fantastic Vase win but look at SWL & Western League titles won !!!  FA Cup achievements etc etc. Everyone to their own but for me and i am biased Falmouth Town are the greatest and are on the rise once again. UTT