Mullion                                 3-1              Porthleven Reserves

Penryn Athletic                 4-0              St Day

St Agnes                              P-P           Mousehole Development

St Ives Town                       3-2            Falmouth Town Reserves

Wendron United Res      1-2      Illogan RBL

41 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

You’ll have to change over to external gloss🪣🧹

P.S. Why don’t they make line marker waterproof

It is waterproof if it would stop raining just after I put the lines down!!!

Paint is a waste of time in the wet, and remember grass is flexible and moves and bends in the wind, the modern spray liners are good but I'm stuck in my old way and couldn't throw away my old mate the 40 year old transfer wheel marker!

St ives 3 v 2 Falmouth a game of two halves, st ives could and maybe should have been out of sight at half time 3-0 up. Falmouth went route one  and got there rewards mid way through the second half and followed it with another quickly after.

the reason for my post was the ref he was new for us and we thought he was fantastic, his decision making was consistent he explained himself well very modern. 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 12 December 2020

Hayle 7-1 Perranwell

The Hayle pitch looked fantastic before and after this entertaining match for home fans and neutrals like myself, Perranwell set their stall from kick off by pumping a long ball out for a throwin. Hayle the complete opposite looked to play the ball on the ground whenever they could. Hayle completely dominated this game apart from a 15 min spell in the second half when Perranwell scored a very good consolation goal. 

I think I have all the scorers

Hayle- Cameron Irish, Kyle Hampton, Mike Arscott, Kane Williams 3, Stuart Nicholls. 

The supporter I got the names off didn't know the Perranwell scorers name, it was the number 9 who was in my opinion their best player. 

39 minutes ago, Kernowfooty said:

Hayle 7-1 Perranwell

The Hayle pitch looked fantastic before and after this entertaining match for home fans and neutrals like myself, Perranwell set their stall from kick off by pumping a long ball out for a throwin. Hayle the complete opposite looked to play the ball on the ground whenever they could. Hayle completely dominated this game apart from a 15 min spell in the second half when Perranwell scored a very good consolation goal. 

I think I have all the scorers

Hayle- Cameron Irish, Kyle Hampton, Mike Arscott, Kane Williams 3, Stuart Nicholls. 

The supporter I got the names off didn't know the Perranwell scorers name, it was the number 9 who was in my opinion their best player. 

Hi Kernowfooty,

your summary is fairly accurate. Perranwell scorer was number 19 Tom Fisher.

when Perranwell made their 3 substitutions it did make a difference for that 15 minutes 👍

4 hours ago, Fish said:

Hi Kernowfooty,

your summary is fairly accurate. Perranwell scorer was number 19 Tom Fisher.

when Perranwell made their 3 substitutions it did make a difference for that 15 minutes 👍

Thank you for confirming, during that 15 min spell I thought Perranwell tried to play more football which unsettled Hayle until they got to grips with it. The long ball was quite predictable and easily dealt with by the Hayle back 4. Both teams seemed to have a good mix of younger and older players in their squad. As I said above the number 9 or as pointed out 19 stood out for Perranwell, I think he would suit possibly moving to a more footballing side. Hayle seem to have a talented squad of players. 

2 hours ago, Ieuan Gregory said:

Thanks are due to Perranwell for their complete compliance with the Covid regs that are blighting our life at the moment

We understand how difficult it is for every club at the moment, all we can do is to respect the rules and acknowledge that clubs are doing all they can to make football possible under difficult circumstances. Like many others, Hayle are doing a great job, we would all like things to be back to normal, beers after the game, catching up with friends from the football family, fingers crossed it can be back to normal next season. In the meantime, we should remember that some are finding life difficult, and whether that’s players, managers, supporters, refs or linos, we need to cut everyone a bit of slack right now, you never know who might be struggling.

Thank you to Hayle for your hospitality and a fantastic pitch to play on, great credit to your groundsman in what was a difficult week weather wise, I’m only sorry that on this occasion we couldn’t provide more competitive opposition. Well played to Potch, Shilts and the boys, good luck for the rest of the season. Have a great Christmas and let’s hope that next season that football is back to normal and everyone involved can feel better about life.

Perranwell AFC.

Stu Nicholls is one of the older players I was talking about in a previous post, he played very well Saturday along with another older player Mike Arscott, his partner at Centre half Zack Williams was also very good, the whole Hayle team played very well. Every player was comfortable in possession which is not always seen at this level. Was good to see Justin Miles turning out for Perranwell, another good older player. 

2 hours ago, Terry Stephens said:

Cheers Kev, Lot of tough sides down there over the years, and on a rough day Spanner would mention in his team talk that -" The nearest windbreak is New York"!

Haha. I was always convinced they were born with something down there, they could always see better in the fog than anyone else. 😂🤣😂

Great times at St Just over the years, great old club & some fantastic characters. 🖤💚

On 15/12/2020 at 10:31, kevin richards said:

Haha. I was always convinced they were born with something down there, they could always see better in the fog than anyone else. 😂🤣😂

Great times at St Just over the years, great old club & some fantastic characters. 🖤💚

Loved playing against St.Just over the years.....competitive games, fully committed and then great fun in clubhouse after.....plus the odd pint on way home as well. Great times 👍🍻