Godolphin Atlantic       2-3      St Dennis 

Launceston                  0-2         Sticker 

Mousehole                   4-0        St Austell 

Newquay                      0-2         Camelford 

Porthleven                   3-1       Dobwalls 

Saltash United              5-0        Penzance

A repeat of last seasons F A Vase 3rd.Round next Saturday

Christchurch v Falmouth Town which the Bournemouth based club won 2-1

Today- Falmouth Town (step6)  2 (Luke Brabyn & Luke Barner--Bishops Cleeve (Step5) Caldwell headed equaliser-- Luke Brabyn has now scored consecutively in his last 7 Vase games and is npw the Vase record scorer with 9 goals overtaking Gary Wignall & Andy Waddell both on 8-

Could George Cantellow (from Illogan RBL) age 17 be the youngest Falmouth player to appear in their vase history?

Marcello Jones (FT.68 Apps-26 goals) returning from the USA was at Bickland today and  will  be available over the Christmas period

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 12 December 2020

This my my opinion of this afternoons match i thought Godolphin where lucky to go  1 -0 up through Isaac Varga after ST Dennis defence failed to clear there lines and even the brilliant Joe Cooper  and Ed Timmins was at  fault ,Luke Johnson equalised with a fine goal but the G went in front with Kyran Burt ,scoring after a mess in the St Dennis defence once again .Inspired substitution by the St Dennis management changed this game they brought on Jaffa ROWE ,for the injured Johnson i think it was and also Paul robinson and Doodles and the G just couldnt cope with and Rowe scored 2great goals when you got players of his calibre waiting to come on you know your going to stuggle especially if your such a young team as the G are they need a couple of experianced old timers in the team and a centre forward .A draw would of been a fair result but they just couldnt cope with Jaffa Rowe and he caused chaos every time he got the ball and ran at the G defence they should of held out for a draw ,but they areimproving but they must learn to take the ball to the corner flag an drun the clock down not try a shot from miles out .I thought the ref was ok but should of showed his authority more . I was going to give mom to the whole G team after the 1st half showing but that went out of the window in the 2nd half when St Dennis where just to good for the G .it was nice to have a chat with Dan PETERS in the St Dennis goal he even knew Smokie .Well my momfor the G KYRAN BIRT and for St Dennis thats easy JAFFA ROWE he turned the game with his 2 goals and all round play . Next week i go to the other team in Newquay where they got a nice easy game Saltash nice and near for me that 1 . Hard luck to the G but i can still  see the team struggling until a couple of experianced players are added to the team Well Done St DENNIS mnagement forusing the subs at important times

FA Vase - Helston 0, Fareham 2

Two new signings started upfront for Helston today. Owen Howe, from Taunton Town, although not started many games for them this season, and Ryan Turner who so far this season according to Bideford’s website has made 10 appearances for them with 3 goals.

Don’t know if permanent or brought in for the Vase encounter.

On the day, Fareham deserved to go through, although to be honest, there wasn’t too much really to choose between the two sides. The Step 5 visitors got off to a great start with a goal after 6 minutes through Charlie Cooper (who impressed down the right all first-half) and from then on it meant Helston were chasing the game. They had a couple chances on the first half – Turner could have scored on his debut perhaps.

Overall, Fareham probably had more control of the match and should have made more of the number of free-kicks they were being allowed by Helston on the edge of their own penalty area!

Second goal was a header from a corner on 58 minutes with Fareham’s Willcox more alert in the six yard box than opposition.

Helston’s cause not helped when Olly Brokenshire got a red card on 63 minutes for a rash challenge; pitch didn’t help either side too much either although well done to groundsmen for getting the game on. Any rain this morning and I would imagine the game would have been in serious doubt.

Shame Matty Buchan wasn’t rewarded for his two goals in the previous game (the FA Vase win at St Blazey) by starting, but I guess as two higher level players signed for the game, they would get preference.

Good to see Josh Storey back playing after a long lay-off through injury.

Piran Films at the game filming with me commentating, although before anyone asks, no post-match interview regrettably. Mark tried but unfortunately no one willing! Shame but there you go!

2 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

A repeat of last seasons F A Vase 3rd.Round next Saturday

Christchurch v Falmouth Town which the Bournemouth based club won 2-1

Today- Falmouth Town (step6)  2 (Luke Brabyn & Luke Barner--Bishops Cleeve (Step5) Caldwell headed equaliser-- Luke Brabyn has now scored consecutively in his last 7 Vase games and is npw the Vase record scorer with 9 goals overtaking Gary Wignall & Andy Waddell both on 8-

Could George Cantellow age 17 be the youngest Falmouth player to appear in their vase history?

George Cantellow - father predicted he would be a good player when he was about 9 years old!

28 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

FA Vase - Helston 0, Fareham 2

Two new signings started upfront for Helston today. Owen Howe, from Taunton Town, although not started many games for them this season, and Ryan Turner who so far this season according to Bideford’s website has made 10 appearances for them with 3 goals.

Don’t know if permanent or brought in for the Vase encounter.

On the day, Fareham deserved to go through, although to be honest, there wasn’t too much really to choose between the two sides. The Step 5 visitors got off to a great start with a goal after 6 minutes through Charlie Cooper (who impressed down the right all first-half) and from then on it meant Helston were chasing the game. They had a couple chances on the first half – Turner could have scored on his debut perhaps.

Overall, Fareham probably had more control of the match and should have made more of the number of free-kicks they were being allowed by Helston on the edge of their own penalty area!

Second goal was a header from a corner on 58 minutes with Fareham’s Willcox more alert in the six yard box than opposition.

Helston’s cause not helped when Olly Brokenshire got a red card on 63 minutes for a rash challenge; pitch didn’t help either side too much either although well done to groundsmen for getting the game on. Any rain this morning and I would imagine the game would have been in serious doubt.

Shame Matty Buchan wasn’t rewarded for his two goals in the previous game (the FA Vase win at St Blazey) by starting, but I guess as two higher level players signed for the game, they would get preference.

Good to see Josh Storey back playing after a long lay-off through injury.

Piran Films at the game filming with me commentating, although before anyone asks, no post-match interview regrettably. Mark tried but unfortunately no one willing! Shame but there you go!

A good mischievous report dave ! 😁🤣😂

2 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Did you think so! Only putting it as I saw it.

Good result for your guys today. Sounds like it got a bit frenetic towards the end!

Yep ! Yet another great result against higher league opposition Dave . The whole team worked their socks off ,it helps a lot when you have a good team spirit backed up by the fantastic  F troop .I'm surprised you didn't hear them at Helston .Bishops cleave showed their frustration in the end ,the first red card was for a horror tackle on kellsy and the 2nd looked like a punch thrown in the ensuing mellee. All seemed forgotten in the clubhouse after as Bishops cleave were given a round of applause as they left for the long journey home .

4 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

This my my opinion of this afternoons match i thought Godolphin where lucky to go  1 -0 up through Isaac Varga after ST Dennis defence failed to clear there lines and even the brilliant Joe Cooper  and Ed Timmins was at  fault ,Luke Johnson equalised with a fine goal but the G went in front with Kyran Burt ,scoring after a mess in the St Dennis defence once again .Inspired substitution by the St Dennis management changed this game they brought on Jaffa ROWE ,for the injured Johnson i think it was and also Paul robinson and Doodles and the G just couldnt cope with and Rowe scored 2great goals when you got players of his calibre waiting to come on you know your going to stuggle especially if your such a young team as the G are they need a couple of experianced old timers in the team and a centre forward .A draw would of been a fair result but they just couldnt cope with Jaffa Rowe and he caused chaos every time he got the ball and ran at the G defence they should of held out for a draw ,but they areimproving but they must learn to take the ball to the corner flag an drun the clock down not try a shot from miles out .I thought the ref was ok but should of showed his authority more . I was going to give mom to the whole G team after the 1st half showing but that went out of the window in the 2nd half when St Dennis where just to good for the G .it was nice to have a chat with Dan PETERS in the St Dennis goal he even knew Smokie .Well my momfor the G KYRAN BIRT and for St Dennis thats easy JAFFA ROWE he turned the game with his 2 goals and all round play . Next week i go to the other team in Newquay where they got a nice easy game Saltash nice and near for me that 1 . Hard luck to the G but i can still  see the team struggling until a couple of experianced players are added to the team Well Done St DENNIS mnagement forusing the subs at important times

6 Ex Falmouth Town players in the starting lineup

Watched Porthleven v Dobwalls today. Never have I seen two teams moan so much during a half. 
First half not much happening except constant moaning and some great diving performances from a few players. 
 Everything seemed to be the officials fault. Porthleven number 8 was lucky to have not been binned due to his constant moaning for a player going close.

Dobwalls weren’t much better and resulted in 1 man from each team being sin binned. One for foul language at the ref. 
ref handled the game well. 

Fantastic result for Millbrook today against step 5 club Bashley FC.  Bashley were a well drilled team and the game flowed at a face pace which suited Millbrook. It was a fairly even game and you would not know that Millbrook were a step 6 team. Millbrook goalie Chris Wearing made 2 crucial saves when Bashley were awarded 2 penalties, the first was a very soft decision and the penalty was very poor.

Jake Foster scored a sublime goal from distance which gave Millbrook the fire to stake a claim on this match. Bashley pressed hard and their No7 was particularly dangerous. They had their chances and failed again on the penalty spot and Millbrook was awarded a penalty and our own Captain Tom (Payne) stepped up and fired home our second goal. Millbrook defence was put under pressure in the last 10mins but Millbrook kept up their determination to show that they can compete in this competition. 

Great 2-0 result on a personal note well done to the subs who have not had a chance to get many minutes on the pitch but should be recognised and are part of a wonderful squad this season. Up the Brook you are making the club proud and Cornwall

Saltash 5 Penzance 0

Solid workman like performance from the Ashes today, clean sheet and an excellent performance on his home debut for Neil Slateford. 

Goals from Ben Holter 9 mins, Dave Barker 16 mins, Sam Farrant 50 mins, Mike Smith 88 mins and Danny Lewis 89 mins. It is a team game after all! 

Two away games to come now St Austell on Tuesday and Newquay next Saturday should give the ground chance to recover before Boxing Day and Liskeard as it took a pounding today. 

Newquay 0-2 Camelford

Very cold day but decent playing surface, watched by a good crowd. 

After first game in Camelford (0-0), what seems like ages ago, I put Newquay down as potential league challengers, they have a good squad of quality players, but in this game they were outplayed across the pitch by Camelford. The first half was so one sided Camelford should have scored more but had to settle for a 1-0 lead from a Sleepy goal. All Newquay did was bang the ball long from the keeper, every time, and hope one of their players could run on to it.

Second half started the same, Newquay came into the game for a spell but never really threatened and Camelford should of scored a couple more but the game was wrapped up by penalty, won and scored by Ed. 2-0 game over. 
Camelford still looked a bit ‘leggy’ after the break but were well deserved winners. The Camelford back 4 and keeper had great games - continuous long balls with players running through can be difficult on a windy day but they handled it well. 
Very disappointed with Newquay, especially their midfield, some poor performances on the day but I’m sure they will improve 

15 hours ago, Cornish Dave said:

St Dennis spending well they should rise up the table now 

Cornish Dave - bringing in Dan Peters, Ed Timmons, Joe Cooper, Luke Johnson, Kyle Marks, Harry Clark, rumours of Dan Jennings and I’m sure there’s one more - won’t be cheap. Seems a bit strange to me though as the team they had were close knit and good enough to be safe from relegation - and the team they now have are stronger but will not challenge a top 6 position imo - so why spend all the money - I could understand 1 or 2 players??

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Unofficially I’m hearing one is in for the season, and another is “on loan” for 30 days but could be extended.

Presumably depending on his club not playing currently due to COVID-19 restrictions.

There must be a lot of Western League and Southern league players itching to play competitive football and looking at dual registration with SWPL clubs  who are allowed to play.

55 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

That’s a question Bob that has been asked for many a year for many a different club throughout the county! 🤔

Lol - my point was really, effectively buying in a new team - then the money goes and all the bought in players move on, what are you left with - we’ve all seen it so many times, but in fairness some have done it to win cups/leagues - I just don’t see St Dennis in that position - and they had an okay squad. 

3 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Newquay 0-2 Camelford

Second half started the same, Newquay came into the game for a spell but never really threatened and Camelford should of scored a couple more but the game was wrapped up by penalty, won and scored by Ed. 2-0 game 

I’m never quite sure how you can win a penalty without cheating. If you dive and aren’t caught, then O.K. you have technically “won” a penalty, but surely in most cases the team gaining a penalty has done so as a result of an error/foul by the defending team (meaning that the defending team have lost, or given away a penalty).
Certainly the only time I was involved in a nasty challenge that led to my team gaining a penalty, all I won was a bloody great bruise!
So, can somebody please explain how one can legitimately “win” a penalty?

8 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

I’m never quite sure how you can win a penalty without cheating. If you dive and aren’t caught, then O.K. you have technically “won” a penalty, but surely in most cases the team gaining a penalty has done so as a result of an error/foul by the defending team (meaning that the defending team have lost, or given away a penalty).
Certainly the only time I was involved in a nasty challenge that led to my team gaining a penalty, all I won was a bloody great bruise!

In the same way you can win a game through defensive errors

1 hour ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Elder you are, of course, grammatically correct, just a lot shorter then ‘broke through the defence and needlessly brought down from behind as heading at angle away from goal’. 

47 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Elder you are, of course, grammatically correct, just a lot shorter then ‘broke through the defence and needlessly brought down from behind as heading at angle away from goal’. 

Thank-you Bobjfh, I still feel that “gained a penalty” is the same number of syllables and wouldn’t grate quite so much on my poor pedantic ears!

8 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Unofficially I’m hearing one is in for the season, and another is “on loan” for 30 days but could be extended.

Presumably depending on his club not playing currently due to COVID-19 restrictions.

Is it now official that Leigh Robinson is back on the Helston staff after Oily Brokenshire's exclusive on the podcast.

8 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Newquay 0-2 Camelford

Very cold day but decent playing surface, watched by a good crowd. 

After first game in Camelford (0-0), what seems like ages ago, I put Newquay down as potential league challengers, they have a good squad of quality players, but in this game they were outplayed across the pitch by Camelford. The first half was so one sided Camelford should have scored more but had to settle for a 1-0 lead from a Sleepy goal. All Newquay did was bang the ball long from the keeper, every time, and hope one of their players could run on to it.

Second half started the same, Newquay came into the game for a spell but never really threatened and Camelford should of scored a couple more but the game was wrapped up by penalty, won and scored by Ed. 2-0 game over. 
Camelford still looked a bit ‘leggy’ after the break but were well deserved winners. The Camelford back 4 and keeper had great games - continuous long balls with players running through can be difficult on a windy day but they handled it well. 
Very disappointed with Newquay, especially their midfield, some poor performances on the day but I’m sure they will improve 

Agreed, was absolutely baltic, bitter wind blowing in off the sea. Camelford dealt with the long ball very comfortably, & should of possibly scored 4/5 goals but didn't need to move out the gears, were comfortable throughout. 

Newquay got Mt. Wise looking very  smart , looks great. Clubhouse looking smart. But nice club houses don't win points. 

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

Is it now official that Leigh Robinson is back on the Helston staff after Oily Brokenshire's exclusive on the podcast.

I have to admit I haven't seen anything officially announced by the club, but yes going by the podcast interview, Olly suggested Robbo was back and assumed we all knew! He was definitely in the dug out area yesterday for the Vase game so presumably that would confirm things.

46 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Agreed, was absolutely baltic, bitter wind blowing in off the sea. Camelford dealt with the long ball very comfortably, & should of possibly scored 4/5 goals but didn't need to move out the gears, were comfortable throughout. 

Newquay got Mt. Wise looking very  smart , looks great. Clubhouse looking smart. But nice club houses don't win points. 

Leeds - for once agree with you (lol) - Newquay have made a real go of the clubhouse and it looks fantastic - better than most pubs in Newquay so will hopefully generate some funds for a great club. One downside - having paid to go in and watch the match on a freezing Saturday - would have been nice to go in the bar, but a max of 60, allowing 30 for teams / officials (understandable CV19 restrictions) - meant only 30 ‘drinkers’ in the bar - - very few of whom I saw watching the game and most looked like they had been there for the afternoon, and no room for me! or the families of Camelford players. Perhaps a notion of paying an extra £1 on admission for a seat in the bar on a match day may work in these strange times??

45 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I have to admit I haven't seen anything officially announced by the club, but yes going by the podcast interview, Olly suggested Robbo was back and assumed we all knew! He was definitely in the dug out area yesterday for the Vase game so presumably that would confirm things.

Poor Glynn used & abused... 

Just now, leedsunited said:

Poor Glynn used & abused... 

No worry for his feelings 

6 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Oh Tezza, You did so well, but then the old claws had to come out. I had hope, I felt joy.... and then you crushed it. You should have come and said Hi, I would have bought you a drink and made you very welcome to our club. 

Nice clubhouses do not win games, but the clubhouse is just the start for us. We have a lot of work to do, to turn the club around, we have many years of neglect to sort out. 

8 hours ago, Eisern Union said:

Oh Tezza, You did so well, but then the old claws had to come out. I had hope, I felt joy.... and then you crushed it. You should have come and said Hi, I would have bought you a drink and made you very welcome to our club. 

Nice clubhouses do not win games, but the clubhouse is just the start for us. We have a lot of work to do, to turn the club around, we have many years of neglect to sort out. 

Having a nice clubhouse is something to build on though (more people wanting to go there +more money being spent = more in the way of budget). Getting the facilities right is a good base for any club.