WEST DIVISION

Hayle                           3-1       Falmouth Town Reserves

Helston Athletic Res     P-P          Wendron United Reserves

Illogan RBL                   1-6        Penryn Athletic

Perranwell                   P-P        Redruth United

Porthleven Reserves     P-P          St Agnes

St Day                           0-1        Mousehole Development

St Ives Town                 0-0       Mullion

A lot of rain in the last few days, yes frustrating for those players that cannot play and a relief for those that can.

A quick question, for all those players frustrated, putting post up on this forum, moaning on social media, can I ask how many of those players were out forking their pitches this morning.....answers on a postcard!!!😁

Game ON at VP, so glad we manage to spike on Wednesday night and mark yesterday afternoon. Should be a cracker.

Screenshot_20201205-132825_Hik-Connect.jpg

Screenshot_20201205-132711_Gallery.jpg

Looking good Mark. 

You wouldn't have marked in here yesterday afternoon, solid rain and hail here for over 20 hours! 

Here's what's left of my lines this morning! 

Screenshot_20201205-145047_Gallery.jpg

Pitch over Illogan looking very good here at the moment but cutting up bad now, gotta feel for the groundsman poor sod!

Penryn 4...0 up after 20 minutes...wazzon!

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 5th December 2020

Very enjoyable game today at hayle where hayle came out 3-1 winners. Both teams played nice football Falmouth will feel slightly annoyed with today on the footballing side but also the way they were treated at the ground today.

had to get changed outside in the rain as hayle took all changing rooms to themselves, also no showers for the away team today. Would’ve thought they’re would be a better way to handle this?

also all the hayle players and myself were allowed in the clubhouse after the game whilst Falmouth players and staff had to settle for a takeaway drink only, bit bizarre.

apart from that really nice to see a game handled well by the ref and nice to see love local football again 

No they didn’t have to get changed out in the rain and also Hayle didn’t take all the changing rooms.  As I told Lee and his assistant a fair few times, there was a changing room for them to use, but had to be 6 in at a time, like Hayle was told and did as well. Thank you for your concerns much appreciated. 

2 hours ago, Cornish Dave said:

Very enjoyable game today at hayle where hayle came out 3-1 winners. Both teams played nice football Falmouth will feel slightly annoyed with today on the footballing side but also the way they were treated at the ground today.

had to get changed outside in the rain as hayle took all changing rooms to themselves, also no showers for the away team today. Would’ve thought they’re would be a better way to handle this?

also all the hayle players and myself were allowed in the clubhouse after the game whilst Falmouth players and staff had to settle for a takeaway drink only, bit bizarre.

apart from that really nice to see a game handled well by the ref and nice to see love local football again 

It’s hard enough for clubs having to deal with Covid restrictions without having to put up with criticism on here. We are all aware of the rules in this respect, if we want to be able to continue with football in the current situation we have to accept that things are not going to be as they were, showers included. All clubs have done their best to interpret the rules to meet the constraints of their facilities, let’s not start giving any team criticism for doing what they believe to be the right thing. If we want to keep playing football, respect the home club’s rules and get on with it, it won’t last forever.............!

sadly Covid restrictions have had a great influence on the way we play football these days. With tables of 6 and table service it is not a viable proposition to entertain opponents in a restricted area the like of our club house. The secretary informs opponents of this situation when confirming the games. Believe you me we would love to go back to the good old days of last year. As a club we are losing money hand over fist and eating into our reserves, as for today several Falmouth players availed themselves of the restricted shower facilities keeping to the maximum of 6 at a time in the changing room. We apologise whole heartedly for the situation we and our visitors find us all in and by only by trying to stick to the rules may we all come through this difficult time. 

1 hour ago, Ieuan Gregory said:

sadly Covid restrictions have had a great influence on the way we play football these days. With tables of 6 and table service it is not a viable proposition to entertain opponents in a restricted area the like of our club house. The secretary informs opponents of this situation when confirming the games. Believe you me we would love to go back to the good old days of last year. As a club we are losing money hand over fist and eating into our reserves, as for today several Falmouth players availed themselves of the restricted shower facilities keeping to the maximum of 6 at a time in the changing room. We apologise whole heartedly for the situation we and our visitors find us all in and by only by trying to stick to the rules may we all come through this difficult time. 

No apology needed Ieuan. 

Carry on and stay safe buddy.

14 hours ago, Cornish Dave said:

Since when have showers been allowed???????????? Thought the FA rule was showers must not be used???

Football is back, let's not moan about what clubs have in place to try and deal with covid-19 guidelines! A club could get into trouble via a fine etc because someone decides in their opinion to point out what a club wasn't offering or not providing before they have all the facts and information. 

I think you've got to go to any game and be prepared to change in a carpark at the moment. If you have a changing room it's a bonus

I must admit I was looking at my kit in the car and wondering which bit to start with, the hailstones hitting my nipples wasnt the highlight of my afternoon, but you've got to go with it. 

On the flip side it was nice to have the mud free 4g to warm up on and not get wet and muddy before KO. 

I was very grateful to be able to have a decent hot shower after, however it came about, I think 3 of us did in one changing room, not sure about the other. 

All things considered it's good to be back playing football whatever, had enough of the no sport weekends and should make the most of playing whatever happens on or off the pitch. 

Pitch was in very good condition and hats off to hayle getting g the game on at all 

Odd to see Chorley celebrating together in a changing room. We have to be 6' apert and are advised to wear masks (should be compulsory imho) but footballers can ignore that during a game. Double standards! Challenging times.

Was thinking of going to Illogan yesterday but woossed out - I don't watch games in a high wind if i can help it plus I'd rather go somewhere where I can see from my car - but Illogan (2nd place) v Penryn (bottom half of table) and Penryn run out 6 - 1 winners? What's the story? Were Illogan's players trying to observe the two meter rule?

3 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

Odd to see Chorley celebrating together in a changing room. We have to be 6' apert and are advised to wear masks (should be compulsory imho) but footballers can ignore that during a game. Double standards! Challenging times.

Was thinking of going to Illogan yesterday but woossed out - I don't watch games in a high wind if i can help it plus I'd rather go somewhere where I can see from my car - but Illogan (2nd place) v Penryn (bottom half of table) and Penryn run out 6 - 1 winners? What's the story? Were Illogan's players trying to observe the two meter rule?

Penryn back to their best yesterday simple as that.

Had to get going eventually and hope it continues.