Cornwall Football Forum

Midweek football

3 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

I am surprised that nobody’s taken advantage of lockdown finishing to put on a rearranged game on Wednesday night.
Are there any other matches being organised for midweek while we’re still in tier 1 or are we set for a four match a week spring and appeals to extend the season?

Yes I do not understand this either. A question for the league secretary.

Wednesday could be an opportunity to get a training session in rather than a league game. 
After a month out, players may have kept themselves fit by running etc... but match sharpness may be something managers want to work on without the pressure of a league fixture.

There were some people who voted on Dave Deacons forms to restart on the 12th, imagine what they would have said about restarting on the 2nd!

17 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Nothing better than a first v second team game, first team winning comfortably against the slugs in the seconds, make the first team feel invincible... Seen it for years 😂😂

(only my opinion before anyone starts to cry & moan) 

Or a chance for second team players to show the first team manager, who probably doesn’t ever see them play, what they can do... 

On 30/11/2020 at 22:12, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

With rain Thursday,  Friday and Saturday forecast...really!

Rumour is you had your arm twisted and your boys had a kick around on your pitch last night Dave ! Must be getting soft in your old age .😁

11 hours ago, Cornish Dave said:

Finished 5-3 both teams were a mix of first and reserve team players from Falmouth town. A really good enjoyable game to watch and really good to see both teams treating it as competitive as they did. Well played 

And 53 watching as well .

1 hour ago, mattelot said:

Rumour is you had your arm twisted and your boys had a kick around on your pitch last night Dave ! Must be getting soft in your old age .😁

And 53 watching as well .

Two 7 a side games for 20 minutes...and enough scratches on the pitch from that.

A full competitive game...no chance with the rain forecast, and looks like they got it right after today!!!

But... yes...softening up in old age😂

10 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Rest my case.. 

I'd love to see Bodmin play their reserves. Mind you, as it would have been midweek Bodmin telephone exchange would have a hotline to various Southern/Western league locations.

Then the floodlights would fail at the 11th hr......😉😉

Or a biblical flood would hit as a minor low pressure crashes past Greenland... 😉😉

15 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

I'd love to see Bodmin play their reserves. Mind you, as it would have been midweek Bodmin telephone exchange would have a hotline to various Southern/Western league locations.

Then the floodlights would fail at the 11th hr......😉😉

Or a biblical flood would hit as a minor low pressure crashes past Greenland... 😉😉

Floodlights only ever fail at Blaise Park.... Usually when their losing 🤣

22 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Floodlights only ever fail at Blaise Park.... Usually when their losing 🤣

After being there today, I’m not surprised.  High voltage components which should be sealed in a box, totally exposed to the elements. Accident waiting to happen if you ask me

7 minutes ago, TimmyRaa said:

After being there today, I’m not surprised.  High voltage components which should be sealed in a box, totally exposed to the elements. Accident waiting to happen if you ask me

I agree TimmyRaa, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. A disgrace to the club & local football. Aiming that language at females speaks volumes for the characters... A few were at the Falmouth game last season where women/children were also verbally abused. Disgraceful. 

But again we question, what links do they have with St. Blazey football club... 🤔

11 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

I agree TimmyRaa, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. A disgrace to the club & local football. Aiming that language at females speaks volumes for the characters... A few were at the Falmouth game last season where women/children were also verbally abused. Disgraceful. 

But again we question, what links do they have with St. Blazey football club... 🤔

None what so ever. Stop stirring.